• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#81 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

yeah and everyone knows how his team mates feel about him because you are all friends with a friend with a friend who knows one of the players on nashville.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#82 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ January 30, 2008 - 01:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah and everyone knows how his team mates feel about him because you are all friends with a friend with a friend who knows one of the players on nashville.

Its called observation and analytical reasoning; you obviously got distracted by the "anal" part of it, hence your reasoning.

#83 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ January 30, 2008 - 01:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NHL players from a lot of teams have come out in public calling him dirty. But what do they know, they're just actual players, not genius message board addicts.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#84 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

wow..personal attacks now. hahahahahaha kids
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#85 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (esteef @ January 30, 2008 - 03:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NHL players from a lot of teams have come out in public calling him dirty. But what do they know, they're just actual players, not genius message board addicts.

oh and what are the ones that sign him to contracts?..oh thats right..not as smart as the geniuses on this board.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#86 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ January 30, 2008 - 02:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow..personal attacks now. hahahahahaha kids

Not an attack, just an observation. biggrin.gif

#87 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:17 PM

you know the funny part is i agree with most what you guys are saying...its just funny how just one thing can set you off...hahahaha.

although i still would like a hard working player that would fight for our team every night.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#88 topshelf40

topshelf40

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Sebastian @ January 29, 2008 - 11:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are already the most hated team in the NHL for our success so why not add Tootoo.

When the Wings played the Ducks last week they sent a message as if they are to meet in the play-offs (which they both will be in) then the Wings have to realize that it is going to be hell. Message sent IMO. It's a regular season win for the Wings, could they handle that type of game over a 7 game series is the point. The Wings can't.
Did the Wings not have two or three players leave the game for cripes sake? The Ducks tossed the Wings around like ragdolls.
Certainly something that Holland has to address before the deadline and probably will. HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU but the Ducks are the NHL's most physical team and the Wings are probably the least physical team. Sure that works in the regular season but the play-offs are a different beast.

I had to take a second look at the name of this line just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. What self-respecting Detroit fan would want Tootoo in Winged-wheel jersey?! It would be an insult to the history of the team, Detroit dosen't need a trashy cheap ***** like him, EVER. Dosen't matter if we're the most hated team in the NHL, at least it's because we beat everyone. It would be a sad day if Tootoo came to Detroit.

#89 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ January 30, 2008 - 02:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you know the funny part is i agree with most what you guys are saying...its just funny how just one thing can set you off...hahahaha.

although i still would like a hard working player that would fight for our team every night.

I don't think anyone here would disagree about the desire for hard working player that would fight for the Wings every night.

#90 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ January 30, 2008 - 02:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh and what are the ones that sign him to contracts?..oh thats right..not as smart as the geniuses on this board.

The ones that signed Tootoo adhere to a very different school of thought than the Red Wings, a different idea of what type of team they want to put on the ice, which is why I am a big Wings fan and not a Preds fan. Kinda like Gary Bettman, not dumb, just has really bad ideas.

#91 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (haroldsnepsts @ January 30, 2008 - 10:22AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You need to watch the tape.

Robidas was coming in relatively slowly, with his gloves and stick up. Most players turn around and get their gloves and stick up, then decide if they're gonna square off. Tootoo did his usual b.s. of jumping a guy. It was a suckerpunch.

He brings very little to the table, isn't defensively responsible, and is a dirty player.

No thanks.

If you hate that kind of play, then you'd definitely hate this play.

Edited by RedFX, 30 January 2008 - 02:49 PM.

-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#92 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (RedFX @ January 30, 2008 - 02:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d08q4o4MWXM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d08q4o4MWXM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

You get an extra 2 minutes for trolling because you obviously weren't serious in trying to compare McCarty going after the Turtle to Tootoo going head hunting on a random basis.

Thanks, its always good to see that video. thumbup.gif

#93 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (RedFX @ January 30, 2008 - 08:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you asking if my feeling towards Tootoo are similar to those towards Turtle.
yes. I hate them both passionately as the prime example of whiny cowards who
try to injure other players and turtle when someone wants to take them accountable.

truth being said, Lemieux had some offensive skills and was a contributor.
and he was a strong player in playoffs. I hate him but I don't fail to give
him what is due. he was a significant part of those teams he played for.

Tootoo... is just a dumb ass

#94 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (T.Low @ January 30, 2008 - 01:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You get an extra 2 minutes for trolling because you obviously weren't serious in trying to compare McCarty going after the Turtle to Tootoo going head hunting on a random basis.

Thanks, its always good to see that video. thumbup.gif

Why? It looks like the same situation. Lemieux was just skating by, not looking for a fight, and McCarty clocks him with his glove on. Looks like the same play to me.
-15-
Posted Image

#95 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (akustyk @ January 30, 2008 - 01:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you asking if my feeling towards Tootoo are similar to those towards Turtle.
yes. I hate them both passionately as the prime example of whiny cowards who
try to injure other players and turtle when someone wants to take them accountable.

truth being said, Lemieux had some offensive skills and was a contributor.
and he was a strong player in playoffs. I hate him but I don't fail to give
him what is due. he was a significant part of those teams he played for.

Tootoo... is just a dumb ass

I was comparing Tootoo's hit on Robidas to McCarty's hit on Lemieux.
-15-
Posted Image

#96 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,571 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (RedFX @ January 30, 2008 - 11:41AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally I would've gone with a young Chris Chelios' flying elbow on Propp, but you may not know about that one.

Aside from the fact that there's a totally different context than what McCarty was doing, we're not talking about one isolated incident here with Tootoo. It's a pattern of cheapshots and jumping guys to "fight" them before they can even get their gloves off.

And even if you had used Chelios's cheapshot, he's still a Norris winning defenseman and talented player. Put him on the fourth line with Tootoo's minutes and even at 46 he'd still probably have more goals (and be more responsible defensively).

Tootoo is a marginal player who earns his keep by running guys and throwing cheapshots.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 30 January 2008 - 03:08 PM.

#97 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (haroldsnepsts @ January 30, 2008 - 02:02PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I would've gone with a young Chris Chelios' flying elbow on Propp, but you may not know about that one.

Aside from the fact that there's a totally different context than what McCarty was doing, we're not talking about one isolated incident here with Tootoo. It's a pattern of cheapshots and jumping guys to "fight" them before they can even get their gloves off.

And even if you had used Chelios's cheapshot, he's still a Norris winning defenseman and talented player. Put him on the fourth line with Tootoo's minutes and even at 46 he'd still probably have more goals (and be more responsible defensively).

Tootoo is a marginal player who earns his keep by running guys and throwing cheapshots.

That instance aside, what other "cheapshot" has Tootoo committed?
-15-
Posted Image

#98 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

yeah you are right..as long as they are star players and are good at the game its fine for them to throw the elbows.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#99 EuroTwinLove40

EuroTwinLove40

2nd Line Scorer

• Silver Booster
  • 702 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ January 30, 2008 - 01:23PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you are right..the only people that like him know nothing about hockey..thats why he's playing in the nhl because the people that sign him know nothing about hockey.

Um, helloooo it's called EXAGGERATION! rolleyes.gif

#100 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,571 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (RedFX @ January 30, 2008 - 08:34PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That instance aside, what other "cheapshot" has Tootoo committed?

Early in his NHL career, he also bit a guy during an altercation.

It's not like I'm making this up out of nowhere. There used to be a video on youtube where they did a piece on Tootoo, and they various guys around the league were saying how he was a dirty player. Some even went so far as to say he'd get what was coming to him.

Then there's his most common fight technique. Jump the guy before he even has a chance to get his gloves off and start swinging.

If you ask most hockey fans (outside of Nashville) who the dirtiest players around the league are, Tootoo is gonna be on that list.