• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#121 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:55 PM

I hate these threads about players like Asham,TooToo and so on, that get randomly discussed, and i get my hoped up thinking the wings my actually get someone who brings some excitement.

I mean look what the Coyotes did with there group of feisty buggers, Carcillo,Weller. There fore check is scary, and the excitement of big hits, and even bigger donnybrooks. Why cant our 4th line doo that sad.gif((((
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#122 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ January 30, 2008 - 10:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah you are right..as long as they are star players and are good at the game its fine for them to throw the elbows.

Chris Pronger anyone? blink.gif
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#123 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:40 PM

Bottom line... you're a cock.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#124 Mudvayneowns91

Mudvayneowns91

Colorado Wings guy

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

My favorite part was Tootoo getting punched several times after the cheapshot
Surfside 6! Who lives there? Surfside 6! Young bachelors? In Miami Beach.

#125 12Newf

12Newf

Newf

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:15 PM

i loathe tootoo. i havent seen that little bastard do anything in a while though so let's turn this into a thread where we post videos of him getting beaten mercilessly or run over.

#126 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (RedFX @ January 31, 2008 - 12:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So was Todd Bertuzzi

RedDude, I know you're just trolling around and having a good laugh every time you post a silly "whats the difference"question, and thats cool.

Its good to see that most Wings fans know the difference between a good energy/stand up guy and Jordon "Little Puke" Tootoo.

#127 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

fans are so fickle and hypocritical. i hate tootoo, but i loved avery. if tootoo were a red wing, you'd all love him.

#128 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (MotownIce @ February 1, 2008 - 12:26AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fans are so fickle and hypocritical. i hate tootoo, but i loved avery. if tootoo were a red wing, you'd all love him.

elemental laws of logic say it suffices to give a single counterexample to
contradict such general claim. so this is it: I personally never liked Avery
and would sure as hell not want Tootoo who doesn't even have skills
Avery does and is nothing more than just a little punk who looks to
piss-poor and/or injurer other teams' players

now translation into English: no, I'd not like Tootoo in Winged Wheel
at all. I'd be ashamed of it. I've been through this when this team got
Hatcher and Bertuzzi and their arrival to Detroit didn't change the fact
that I despised both of them

#129 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (LeftWinger @ January 30, 2008 - 12:21PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif Just how many Americans do you think are on the team now? So you are saying that is why the Joe doesn't sell out? again... blink.gif

People were saying we have too many Europeans and Detroit fans can't ID with them.
FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
When I see you Red Wings,
I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough,
I just can't get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
I just can't get enough.
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#130 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (MotownIce @ January 31, 2008 - 03:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nope.

but thanks for telling me what I'd think.

#131 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (MotownIce @ January 31, 2008 - 05:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not necessarily.

I used to think the same way for a lot of people if some players were on the Wings (i.e. Iginla, Kariya, et al) but some fans just don't like certain players for whatever reasons. It may not always be "right" to me or you, but it's nothing new in sports and it doesn't make these certain fans dumb or hypocritcal in that sense.

I'd be willing to set any reservations I had with Tootoo aside if he could help the Wings, but I perfectly understand why some in here might not as he definitely isn't well-liked in the league by many people.

That doesn't make me any better than other fans that might not like him or more better in the behavioral or hypocritical sense.

#132 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (T.Low @ January 31, 2008 - 05:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RedDude, I know you're just trolling around and having a good laugh every time you post a silly "whats the difference"question, and thats cool.

Its good to see that most Wings fans know the difference between a good energy/stand up guy and Jordon "Little Puke" Tootoo.

I'm having a good laugh because you think you know me, but thats cool too.

I'm dropping this subject. I have my opinion and you have yours. And whether you like his style of play or not, I still maintain my original argument that he would be a great fit for us.
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#133 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (RedFX @ January 31, 2008 - 10:44PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm having a good laugh because you think you know me, but thats cool too.

I'm dropping this subject. I have my opinion and you have yours. And whether you like his style of play or not, I still maintain my original argument that he would be a great fit for us.

After that deal he received in Nashville, it's a dead topic now.

#134 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (MotownIce @ January 31, 2008 - 11:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You couldn't be any further from the truth, based on simple logic arguments your absolute truth is proven wrong by the fact I never liked Avery, and I hate Tootoo, Ruutu, and you too.
Just kidding I don't hate you I just used that for the rhyme!

QUOTE (akustyk @ January 31, 2008 - 11:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
elemental laws of logic say it suffices to give a single counterexample to
contradict such general claim. so this is it: I personally never liked Avery
and would sure as hell not want Tootoo who doesn't even have skills
Avery does and is nothing more than just a little punk who looks to
piss-poor and/or injurer other teams' players

now translation into English: no, I'd not like Tootoo in Winged Wheel
at all. I'd be ashamed of it. I've been through this when this team got
Hatcher and Bertuzzi and their arrival to Detroit didn't change the fact
that I despised both of them

I could not agree more if I tried!!!!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#135 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (Opie @ February 1, 2008 - 09:01AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You couldn't be any further from the truth, based on simple logic arguments your absolute truth is proven wrong by the fact I never liked Avery, and I hate Tootoo, Ruutu, and you too.
Just kidding I don't hate you I just used that for the rhyme!

What about Chelios?

I've always gone with the saying "you hate playing against the guy, but you'd love to have him on your team." Even if you love him on your team, doesn't mean you like him.

I can't think of many players that I disliked prior to joining the Wings and then liked them after they became Wings. Hasek for example, I respect his abilities, but I really don't like some of the crap he does/did and I'm not a big fan of his personality. The fact that he is a Wing doesn't really change that.

#136 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (Salviaman @ January 31, 2008 - 02:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chris Pronger anyone? blink.gif

It's funny how things change over time. Gordie Howe was a god in many people's eyes and people talked about how fierce he was throwing elbows, etc. Same with Messier back in the 80's.

Now, guys that throw elbows are punks.

#137 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (toby91_ca @ February 1, 2008 - 02:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about Chelios?

I've always gone with the saying "you hate playing against the guy, but you'd love to have him on your team." Even if you love him on your team, doesn't mean you like him.

I can't think of many players that I disliked prior to joining the Wings and then liked them after they became Wings. Hasek for example, I respect his abilities, but I really don't like some of the crap he does/did and I'm not a big fan of his personality. The fact that he is a Wing doesn't really change that.

Not liking to play against a guy when he is on another team but liking him when he is on your team, is different than not liking a guy for the way he plays.
Cheli is a great example of a on the edge player, he has some slight stick work and tricks he uses. He doesn't take a full on 5 stride run at a guy.
Not sure if I explained myself well enough.

QUOTE (toby91_ca @ February 1, 2008 - 02:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's funny how things change over time. Gordie Howe was a god in many people's eyes and people talked about how fierce he was throwing elbows, etc. Same with Messier back in the 80's.

Now, guys that throw elbows are punks.

My explanation: (should read as my guess)
We now know what happens to players when they get elbowed in the head (medically speaking) when Howe did it, no one knew the severity of concussions and so on. Also player equipment, like shoulder and elbow pads, have come a long way, not only does the hitter feel less of the impact they have a hard exterior shell making them almost lethal.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#138 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Found this topic from around the deadline time of 2008...super funny how these opinion's have changed! I would proudly say that mine along with a few others in this original thread had the same opinion back then as we do now! I can't say the same for some others.... :lol:

Read thru a few! Some of you have wavered more than John Kerry! :hysterical:

Edited by LeftWinger, 13 February 2013 - 11:34 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#139 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Found this topic from around the deadline time of 2008...super funny how these opinion's have changed! I would proudly say that mine along with a few others in this original thread had the same opinion back then as we do now! I can't say the same for some others.... :lol:

Read thru a few! Some of you have wavered more than John Kerry! :hysterical:

haha! thanks for a good laugh.

truth being said - a lot of my perception of Tootoo changed after seeing him play against the Wings last playoffs. and I was already a believer the moment Holland signed him - thankfully, this time I was right and don't need to change opinion again :)

#140 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

haha! thanks for a good laugh.

truth being said - a lot of my perception of Tootoo changed after seeing him play against the Wings last playoffs. and I was already a believer the moment Holland signed him - thankfully, this time I was right and don't need to change opinion again :)

I like a few of the comments by some of his big supporters now that say, even though they warmed up to Chelios they would NEVER want Tootoo on this team.... "Not now, not ever!"  quote, un-quote! 

It's all funny now, and it just goes to show that no matter how much a player is hated from another team, there is a reason he is hated, he is good and he drives you nuts how good he plays against you.  Pronger, Lemieux, Backes....I have a feeling that they would/would've had the same effect on the same fans that said "not now, not ever" to Tootoo...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?