• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Elshupacabra

Ilya Kovalchuk Injures Knee

Rate this topic

this would be a huge loss for the thrashers.

it would make the prospect of trading Hossa that much tougher to think about.

not only that, but in the ultra weak southeast division where anyone has a chance to claim the #3 seed in the east, it just hurts that much more.

if your a thrashers fan, here's hoping that he's not out too long!

Wow what a crappy blow to the Thrash.

It is hard to tell but it did seem like Ruutu kind of went for the knee. He seemed to be going for the body and then when Kove moved it looked like he targeted the right knee.

Ruutu got what he deserved from McCarthy. I'm always a fan of a teammate sticking for another player in that situation. There is no room in the game for crap like that.

Guest Canadian Wings
Wow what a crappy blow to the Thrash.

It is hard to tell but it did seem like Ruutu kind of went for the knee. He seemed to be going for the body and then when Kove moved it looked like he targeted the right knee.

Ruutu got what he deserved from McCarthy. I'm always a fan of a teammate sticking for another player in that situation. There is no room in the game for crap like that.

yah cuz he really ment to go for his knee :huh:

Guest Canadian Wings
Gosh, I would really hope that (although I love Kovie and hope he's okay) if he isn't okay, this increases our chances of landing Hossa at the deadline.

Word,

LDi03

or calgary, or anaheim, or vancouver...detroit's not getting hossa.

That would be why i said, hard to tell, and even looked like.

Never said he did for sure or that he meant to do it.

I'm sure it was more just instinct out of Ruutu. I have had my knee taken out twice by opposing players and currently have not ACL or MCL because of it. I do feel bad when it happens to other players no matter how minor or serious it maybe.

Which explains why you never trust people with 3 letters of the same in the last name..

The announcers are only crying because its on Ilya tbh, If it was any other average player, they'd have a total diff excuse for the hit..

Big blow for atl either way, I dont see Hossa being traded now though.

Big blow for atl either way, I dont see Hossa being traded now though.

Hossa will probably be traded if Atlanta falls out of playoff contention, Atlanta will probably fall out of playoff contention with Kovalchuk out of the lineup for any length of time.

I think this will increase the chances of Hossa being traded.

Right knee flared out, right elbow high and sticking out.

What do you think he was trying to do exactly?

He didn't have Kovalchuk lined up correctly, so he tried to catch him with his knee and elbow.

Funny how certain players always seem to be involved in "unfortunate" hits like this one.

Guest Canadian Wings
Right knee flared out, right elbow high and sticking out.

What do you think he was trying to do exactly?

He didn't have Kovalchuk lined up correctly, so he tried to catch him with his knee and elbow.

Funny how certain players always seem to be involved in "unfortunate" hits like this one.

Right, i mean Kovalchuk didn't try to get out of the way at the last second and left his knee venerable or anything, it was all Ruutu's fault.

Some of you ppl are lost.

Right, i mean Kovalchuk didn't try to get out of the way at the last second and left his knee venerable or anything, it was all Ruutu's fault.

Of course Kovalchuk tried to get out of the way.

That doesn't mean Ruutu should stick his friggin knee and elbow out to catch a piece of him.

And how exactly did Kovalchuk moving leave his knee any more vulnerable than it generally is when someone is ramming it with their knee? How should he have better protected his knee?

Like I said, funny how certain guys always seem to be involved in questionable hits.

And do I really need to point out that Ruutu did get a 5 minute major for kneeing?

Yes, those of us who don't agree with you must be lost. :blink:

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I can't understand how any of Ruutu's teammates can even take his side in this situation, especially with someone like Crosby on their team. What a s***bag.

Not to excuse what Ruutu did but if Kovalchuk didnt spout off to the Penguins bench after scoring a goal,nobody would have taken a run at him.

umm, he checked the man using solely his knee and his elbow, his body completely missed Kovie, and seeing as your body is directly over you knee the only way to hit him with the knee and miss with the body would be to stick his knee out.

Did he do it with intent to injure, not so sure, I think his intent was to make up for the fact that by taking that run at him Ruutu put himself out of position, and did the only thing he had left, stick out body parts to try and hit him.

Either way no excuse for that knee on knee hit!

Not to excuse what Ruutu did but if Kovalchuk didnt spout off to the Penguins bench after scoring a goal,nobody would have taken a run at him.

How come no one took a run at AO the other day then?

He was jawing at Malkin and the bench, and he took a run at Malkin. Yet no one try to run him through the boards!?

umm, he checked the man using solely his knee and his elbow, his body completely missed Kovie, and seeing as your body is directly over you knee the only way to hit him with the knee and miss with the body would be to stick his knee out.

Did he do it with intent to injure, not so sure, I think his intent was to make up for the fact that by taking that run at him Ruutu put himself out of position, and did the only thing he had left, stick out body parts to try and hit him.

Either way no excuse for that knee on knee hit!

How come no one took a run at AO the other day then?

He was jawing at Malkin and the bench, and he took a run at Malkin. Yet no one try to run him through the boards!?

Well I cant say that I know what was going through the minds of the Penguins players that night,maybe Kovalchuck said something about Ruutu's mother...

Well I cant say that I know what was going through the minds of the Penguins players that night,maybe Kovalchuck said something about Ruutu's mother...

even if he was telling him how good his mother was the other night, there is no reason for a cheap shot. Drop the gloves, sit in the box and be done with it.

Here's my take, which I'm somewhat hesistant about simply because it's Ruutu, but I don't think he was at fault for anything.

Ruutu got a 5 minute major for kneeing, game misconduct and 5 minutes for fighting. Let's deal with the fighting first: looks like he got jumped by McCarthy and took several shots to the back of the head....how was Ruutu fighting?

The hit:

I've looked at the replay, his elbow came out, which to me is reactionary as Kovalchuk is moving away, but it doesn't matter, he didn't catch him with an elbow and the elbow wasn't head high anyway. In terms of the knee, I watched the video and focused solely on Ruutu's right leg, his leg didn't seem to move at all. Looks to me like Kovalchuk tried to jump out of the way and his leg was left there to get hit.

Like I said, that is my easy conclusion based on the Penguin player being anyone other than Ruutu, but since it is Ruutu, you gotta wonder. Combine that with the fact that Kovalchuk isn't a popular player with that team.