• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
erok

500,000?

Rate this topic

After viewing the main page, I see that a special thing is about to happen here. It looks like we are going to hit a half-million posts on the boards. I am not sure how long I have been a member here but this place sure had grown - for the better.

4005 Total Members

Topics ›10999

Replies ›488558

Total ›499557

Congrats and Thanks to Matt and everyone for keeping this site the best DRW site on the web!

After viewing the main page, I see that a special thing is about to happen here. It looks like we are going to hit a half-million posts on the boards. I am not sure how long I have been a member here but this place sure had grown - for the better.

4005 Total Members

Topics ›10999

Replies ›488558

Total ›499557

Congrats and Thanks to Matt and everyone for keeping this site the best DRW site on the web!

You've been a member since Aug 2003.

thats a lot of posts saying how much ozzie is better than dom and how much sammuelson sux...oh and the lang ones from last year

I think 250,000 of the post's are from the GDT's where people yelp out one word posts like... "GOOOOOOOOOOAL", "DATS". "DRAPES", "******* REFS" or my personal favorite " :siren: " after a goal!! :rolleyes:

What betterRED posted is actually more accurate. With hosting changes and server switches I've had to prune the forums periodically. The most recent one only kept posts from the last six months or so if I remember right.

This forum *actually* passed the 1,000,000 mark quite some time ago. That's not even including all of the posts lost during some hosting horror stories that took place in 2002, especially during the Cup run.

What betterRED posted is actually more accurate. With hosting changes and server switches I've had to prune the forums periodically. The most recent one only kept posts from the last six months or so if I remember right.

This forum *actually* passed the 1,000,000 mark quite some time ago. That's not even including all of the posts lost during some hosting horror stories that took place in 2002, especially during the Cup run.

I remember those days...thats why my member since date is during the SCF of that year.

ive been here for like nine years. amazing. thanks so much matt, nothing better than to be able to talk wings with you guys.

Actually you have been here almost 6 years.....at least as a registered member.....

GO WINGS!!

Some members here have been here *far* longer than their "joined" date suggests. During the aforementioned 2002 Cup run there were some catastrophic server issues... Basically, with the fully of activity (and limited space on the server) the rapid addition of posts was actually filling up the leftover space on the server. (The site was hosted on a shared server then.)

Needless to say, after that happened a few times the forum's database was corrupted and on one occasion had to be re-installed entirely from scratch. There were still a few hiccups after that but nothing that required a fresh install. You can still notice the remnants of the problems it caused (the member total on the front page of the site does not match the one here on the main page of the forums, for example.)

I am very happy I searched up "Red Wings forums" in a search engine, and got this site. I dearly thank my boredom for this forum, and ever since I think I have added a good presence here. Ahh, I love tootin' my own horn :ph34r: .

Best Wing fans on the planet come here! :thumbup:

I am very happy I searched up "Red Wings forums" in a search engine, and got this site. I dearly thank my boredom for this forum, and ever since I think I have added a good presence here. Ahh, I love tootin' my own horn :ph34r: .

Best Wing fans on the planet come here! :thumbup:

I dont even remember how I came across this site. Probably some sort of Red Wings google search. I joined in either 2000 or 2001. I remember being around for those depressing 2001 playoffs.

It is kind of crazy to think that I'm still here after at least 7 years.