• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

Red wings and Sharks Both...

Rate this topic

Yeah, that's what we need. 3 big guys who aren't physical at all for their size. The Leafs can keep their crap as far as I'm concerned.

<_<

They can keep Antropov and Gill. But I'd take Kilger for sure, great slapshot and leads the Leafs in hits, by a mile.

I might take Kilger for Samuelsson straight up, but nothing more. All three of those guys suck. Antropov is overated and injury prone, Gill is a pansy for his size, and Kilger is only a so-so player anyways. None of them are physical, and both Antropov and Gill are still under contract for a few years. I do not like the thought of having guys like that handcuffing the team.

They can keep Antropov and Gill. But I'd take Kilger for sure, great slapshot and leads the Leafs in hits, by a mile.

That slapshot is the only reason Kilger has been passed around like a ***** in his career, but it isn't enough to make him stick anywhere, because he's practically useless. Just think of Matt Ellis with a good slapshot. He'd still be a bum, which is pretty much what Kilger is.

Guest Canadian Wings

great slap shot but couldn't hit the net if his life depended on it.

Guest Canadian Wings
I might take Kilger for Samuelsson straight up, but nothing more. All three of those guys suck. Antropov is overated and injury prone, Gill is a pansy for his size, and Kilger is only a so-so player anyways. None of them are physical, and both Antropov and Gill are still under contract for a few years. I do not like the thought of having guys like that handcuffing the team.

Kilger is quite physical.

Screw it...

Antropov (6'-6" 230)- 07/08 1.950, 08/09 2.150, UFA 09/10

To date: 53GP 18G 23A 41Pts. +4 76 PIM

Kilger (6'-4" 224)- 07/08 0.800, 08/09 0.700, UFA 09/10

To date: 47GP 9G 5A 14Pts. -3 18 PIM

Gil (6'-7" 250)- 07/08 2.100, UFA 08/09

To date: 54GP 2G 17A 19Pts. -2 46 PIM

Talk bout' some big bodies, eh? All three contracts look reasonable enough. However, do any make sense?

I dont wanna have any of them, but I believe the Antropov thing would make sense though.

I think that Holland was always interested in him and would have liked to draft him. As we not necessarily looking for an expensive star forward like Hossa or Sundin, Antropov might me available at a more reasonable price and Holland might see him as a good scoring-depth forward who brings some size to the team.

Nevertheless I guess that Antropov would still cost us a 1st rounder and some assets which would be too much in my opinion because I dont think he is that great.

Yeah, that's what we need. 3 big guys who aren't physical at all for their size. The Leafs can keep their crap as far as I'm concerned.

<_<

Chad Kilger is by far Toronto's most physical forward, especially on the forecheck. I don't know how many hits he has this year but I'd be very surprised if he didn't have the best hit to minute ratio on the Leafs, maybe up there in the league as well

i'd take antropov in a heart beat, he's got skill. he'd be a perfect fit in the wings lineup, with tonnes of potential

Flash back 10 years ago to 1998, and that comment my be appropriate. I'd say now that Antropov's "potential" is never going to be reached, as is evident by his current career. Antropov is like Brad Stuart, who still, amazingly, has people waiting for his potential to be untapped, when it's about 10-11 years too late with him as well.