• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown_Ryan

McCarty with Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

McCarty's chances of returning to the Wings are still very slim. And even if he does come back, he won't be bumping Kopecky. It will be Downey or Drake.

I don't understand why people think McCarty would be such a clear upgrade on Drake or Kopecky given that his last stint in the NHL ended with him as a healthy scratch on a team with far less depth than Detroit has.

I also don't get why people think he was ever a top-six forward...seeing as he never scored 20 goals in his career, it's kind of an odd thing that many Wings fans consider Mac to have been a top-sixer, but Samuelsson, who has scored 20 goals once and would have done it a second time, and is probably better defensively, is not considered a top-sixer.

McCarty's chances of returning to the Wings are still very slim. And even if he does come back, he won't be bumping Kopecky. It will be Downey or Drake.

I don't understand why people think McCarty would be such a clear upgrade on Drake or Kopecky given that his last stint in the NHL ended with him as a healthy scratch on a team with far less depth than Detroit has.

I also don't get why people think he was ever a top-six forward...seeing as he never scored 20 goals in his career, it's kind of an odd thing that many Wings fans consider Mac to have been a top-sixer, but Samuelsson, who has scored 20 goals once and would have done it a second time, and is probably better defensively, is not considered a top-sixer.

well if anything thinks he is going to come back and become a top 6 forward that's obviously not going to happen, but him being a top 6 scorer in 3 years straight would suggest he had the talent to be a top 6 forward... and when he was in his prime he was a real physical force which is a great mix with the right skilled players

People dont want McCarty for goals and assists. They want him for his heart, and his willingness to compete. That alone makes him more important then Kopecky or Samuelsson.

Well D-Mac is trying to make a come back Playing with GR will definitly help that out But Can he return to the NHL and be effective?? Your Thoughts

Not this year.

It's a longshot, but if he works hard, keeps himself together and stays healthy, he may crack the lineup next season in Drake or Downey's spot.

i was there tonite, great game....he had a hatrick and an assist

He had a terrific game on Friday night. I was there as well.

He was on the 2nd power play unit, and really competed well. He doesn't have the speed of the youngsters thats for sure, but he certainly made some good plays and passes to them. He still has the hockey sense.

The 3 goals he scored were all of mixed variety. One was a 2 on 1 where he rifled a shot top shelf over the goalies shoulder. The second happened when he brought the puck from behind the net out in front and jammed it in. The third was a slapshot that hit top corner from the left faceoff circle.

He could have had 2-3 other assists in the game if the Griffins would have capitalized. He has passes out in front, passes to spring odd man rushes, and really used his body to protect the puck in the offensive and defensive zone.

At the same time though, he did make a few mistakes. He misplayed a puck and ran into his own defenseman that resulted in a 3 on 1 breakaway but the goalie was equal to the task.

The end result was, he is human, and he played very well. I still think he is a long shot for the Wings, but he competed on Friday night and I hope he competes tonight cause I have tickets to this game as well.

BTW, the line was long to buy tickets at the door last night. With 15 minutes left before gametime, the line was still long and there were only 250 seats left. If you are going tonight, get there early.

It was a decent fight, but not a slugfest. McCarty got some good punches in.

Yah the other guy didnt really want throwdown with dmac, youcould tell by the expression on his face;..

Dmac did good id say though, he won the fight.

Where were you sitting at?

Yah the other guy didnt really want throwdown with dmac, youcould tell by the expression on his face;..

I'd say that DMac fight was total BS. The Ad's goalie slashed Hartigan....Hartigan gets jumped....DMac steps in and helps him out, and Hartigan gets the slash call? How did that happen? Maybe you guys saw something I missed from my seat? In my eyes, the fight was a whole lot of hugging. The other guy didn't want to fight him, and just hugged his way through it. I'd say the Ericcson fight was much better than DMac's....

Dmac had a good first home game, but was a NON factor the second. He isn't going to do anything in Detroit with how he played the second game. So after seeing him for 2 games...I don't think he is NHL material at the moment...he's got a long ways to go before Feb. 26th or whatever the deadline is.

We were sitting in 101, on the other side of the rink but the replays looked good on the big screen. :)

Heck that is all we had to rely on was the replays. Not a single goal was scored on our end of the rink. All 10 were scored at the other end. Crazy game.

Friday night was a fricken blast.. even though i only got 6 dollar beers it was worth the extra $10 bucks for 2 more to end the night .. when mac scored the place went nuts ... they showed the wings Avs brawl on the big screen when mac's beating the hell outta the turtle

and the place started roaring .. it was a feel good night .. Mac should just stay with the Griffs .. hell id go allot more just to see him .. aLso Darren Helm #15 looked very sharp and fast

Friday night was a fricken blast.. even though i only got 6 dollar beers it was worth the extra $10 bucks for 2 more to end the night .. when mac scored the place went nuts ... they showed the wings Avs brawl on the big screen when mac's beating the hell outta the turtle

and the place started roaring .. it was a feel good night .. Mac should just stay with the Griffs .. hell id go allot more just to see him .. aLso Darren Helm #15 looked very sharp and fast

Well, I think the Red Wings would Welcome McCarty back reguardless. I Would LOVE to see the GRIND LINE make a second trip into the playoffs...But as much as i know its wishful thinking, Cleary out and Downey not very able to assist or score, Downey would be a substitute for McCarty if he were to get back on the Grind Line again would Definitly bring that line back to life!!!!

He had a pretty good fight tonight.

I thought he got the bad end of that scrap. This was the first game that he REALLY looked out of place. He was always one step behind. He looked slow, and well, 36. I don't know if it was because the opponent was tougher.... He just looked slow. I would definately say he doesn't deserve a Wings roster spot playing like he did last night.

I thought he got the bad end of that scrap. This was the first game that he REALLY looked out of place. He was always one step behind. He looked slow, and well, 36. I don't know if it was because the opponent was tougher.... He just looked slow. I would definately say he doesn't deserve a Wings roster spot playing like he did last night.

McIver is a pretty tough, scrappy guy....but thats somebody that McCarty has to do well against if he's supposed to come back. For comparison purposes, McIver fighting wise is along the lines of a Jamal Mayers you could say. If he looked bad in that one...then its going to be really ugly if he tries going with any legit NHL tough guy.