• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown_Ryan

McCarty with Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

McCarty landed some quality shots but McIver had ahold of Darren's jersey and swung him around like a rag doll. Most of McIver's punches were all air.

saw mccarty play tonight against quad cities. though i was totally excited to see a 'real red wing' this time, i was fairly disappointed. he looked pretty pedestrian. he certainly did his job got to the front of the net, skated hard back to his zone, but really didn't seem to offer any more than the other guys out there. i would be hard pressed to say he deserves a roster spot based on tonights game.

McCarty landed some quality shots but McIver had ahold of Darren's jersey and swung him around like a rag doll. Most of McIver's punches were all air.

After finally seeing it, McCarty couldnt hang with McIver and looked very overmatched. It was a bad showing against competition he should at minimum be earning a draw with.

Im happy for him that he's trying his best to make a comeback, but imo he just does not have it anymore...if he can prove me wrong then i'll be more than happy to give him his due.

After finally seeing it, McCarty couldnt hang with McIver and looked very overmatched. It was a bad showing against competition he should at minimum be earning a draw with.

Im happy for him that he's trying his best to make a comeback, but imo he just does not have it anymore...if he can prove me wrong then i'll be more than happy to give him his due.

McCarty had a fight the previous night and kicked the guy's ass. The guy tried to hold McCarty's jersey so he wouldn't be able to do anything and McCarty just shrugged it off and blasted the guy with several blows to the face.

Couple games earlier he knocked some guy's tooth out. I'd say he's still got some fight left in him.

That fight was not as bad as some are making it out to be for Mac. Yes he did lose it but, he did not take very many clean shots and his jersey was in his fcae for the hole fight making it hard to see. He can still scrap in the NHL and win, trust me.

thats great he can still fight and all, but last i checked, the wings needed someone to score some goals? having 2 thugs to protect skilled players sounds great and all, but this is hockey, not boxing. i don't get peoples obsession with fight skills. you can be a tough player and draw a lot of penalties and shut down scoring lines without dropping the gloves.

unfortunately, i don't think mccarty is really bringing that to the table. i got to see him first hand the other night, and he didn't look too impressive against ahl players.

For McCarty, the most important thing is to try to get into NHL shape. I don't know what sort of training regime he's on, but surely it would be pretty intense... Playing games on top of that should improve conditioning, and perhaps the results of this hard work might not be fully noticeable yet.

As for scoring, he's always been able to put the puck in the neck if he gets a chance. He's played 10 AHL games, 5 goals, 3 assists, 19 PIM. I don't think that's too bad, especially since lots of Griffins were with the Wings this last while.

Maybe he won't be able to cut it - but I'm glad he's making a decent go of it. I doubt if Babcock will use him if it's obvious he can't contribute.

For me, his comeback is a win/win situation.

People dont want McCarty for goals and assists. They want him for his heart, and his willingness to compete. That alone makes him more important then Kopecky or Samuelsson.

:thumbup::thumbup: 100% Correct! I completely agree!!!

GO WINGS!!!