• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nirub2001

American College Hockey Vs Canadian Hockey League

Rate this topic

Hi

Which of the two leagues has the better players and who would win if the champions of the US college league played the CHL Champions.It would seem to me that the CHL has the majority of players that will eventually play in the NHL.However,the college teams are probably older and have more depth.I am just interested in what you think and we will never know for sure unless they play some games against each other.

Ages are usually higher in the NCAA.

I would have to say the CHL as well, though NCAA has produced some pretty big talent.

Brett Hull

Curtis Joseph

Kyle Turris

Paul Kariya

Johnathan Toews

Tony Amonte

Doug Weight

Keith Tkachuk

I could go on

Ages are usually higher in the NCAA.

I would have to say the CHL as well, though NCAA has produced some pretty big talent.

Brett Hull

Curtis Joseph

Kyle Turris

Paul Kariya

Johnathan Toews

Tony Amonte

Doug Weight

Keith Tkachuk

I could go on

USHL and the NCAA have produced some fine young players as of late, but as with the World Juniors it gets into a depth thing, which the CHL would have. CHL would win that series if they ever had one.

If an all-star team of CHLers played an all-star team of NCAAers, I agree, I think the CHLers would win.

However, if the Memorial Cup champions played the Frozen Four champions (it'd be the Vancouver Giants vs. Michigan State) I think I'd lean slightly toward MSU. College teams have more continuity because the players can't be traded, and staying at one junior team (or even in juniors at all) for four years is nearly unheard of, especially with the best players. I think that'd give a college team an advantage.

I am lucky enough to have lived in a town with a QJMHL team in it and live in New England where college Hockey is huge.

I have to say that the younger canadian players appear to be a couple of strides (pun intended) a head of NCAA players.

Now that doesn't mean that the NCAA doesn't put out talent it does, just not as high end (normally) as the CHL.

no love for the IHL. :ph34r:

I lived and died with the Vipers (IHL).... Now i live and die with the Whalers (OHL) as my minor league affiliate to watch :)

I remember watching the Jr. Wings at the Joe which is now the Whalers of the OHL. As for the talent level between the 2 leagues alot of your kids playing college hockey in the states are from Canada for some reason they get a break on the tuition go figure aye

Guest GordieSid&Ted
If the NCAA and the CHL played against each other in an all star game right now, I think the CHL would kill them.

Who would win? I have no idea. Who would comprise the teams?

Does anyone have any clue who some of the players would be for either side? I don't follow college hockey or canadian junior.

I'd love to see a proposed roster for both sides.