• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaymister

Maxim Afinogenov

Rate this topic

Considering the horible season he has had thus far you would have to think that Buffalo would try to deal him, especially if they fall out of the playoff race. I don't know how long his contract is, all it says on TSN is that in 2006 he signed a multi- year deal. I know a lot of people are going to think i'm crazy for suggesting this but he was just starting to come into his own offensively before this season. Maybe being on the same line with either Z or Pavel could re-ignite this kid?

Edited by Jaymister

Guest Canadian Wings

No thanks. Too small, not physical. Can you imagine Phaneuf, Regher, Pronger, etc. going up against him ROFL

ufa after next season (in the books at 3.5). it's an interesting thought, and no doubt will come at a much lesser cost than either sundin or hossa. that is if buffalo would even entertain the thought. if i remember correctly, he's been some what of an enigma for the sabres. seems like i caught a broadcast or two last year?

definitely something for us to debate. lol.

I love the talent that Mad Max can bring, but his desire to win is very questionable. If we got him for cheap, then I'd be fine with the move, but I wouldn't want to give up anything of value for him. He is, after all, having a very bad season.

Am I the only one who drools over the thought of this? This kid is one of my faves. I think he'd thrive playing for the Wings. No he isn't physical, but he's not a wuss either. I really like the idea of him here. He's got tons of talent, and would shine here.

He's a donkey-faced turnover machine that would quickly make LGW members forget how much they hate Sammy. He's also too streaky a scorer to count on him in the playoffs. We need either a real top 6 forward, or some toughness on defense, not enough soft player.

No thanks. Too small, not physical. Can you imagine Phaneuf, Regher, Pronger, etc. going up against him ROFL

I can imagine him skating around all their asses like pylons.You obviously haven't seen enough of him.

You've obviously had some success with him in video games if you actually think that he's that good.

To Be Honest, Thats exactly why i wanted him HAHAHAHA.

Chris Gratton Please.

Am I the only one who drools over the thought of this? This kid is one of my faves. I think he'd thrive playing for the Wings. No he isn't physical, but he's not a wuss either. I really like the idea of him here. He's got tons of talent, and would shine here.

People in Buffalo would love to hear you say that. They want him OUT of here.

He's a donkey-faced turnover machine that would quickly make LGW members forget how much they hate Sammy. He's also too streaky a scorer to count on him in the playoffs. We need either a real top 6 forward, or some toughness on defense, not enough soft player.

This is 100% correct on a scale of 0-100%. You couldn't possibly be any more correct. It isn't mathematically possible. Not yet. We don't have the technology.

Guest Crymson

Of course everyone will *like* picking up a player of Afinogenov's mold; however, when it comes to GIVING to the Sabres in exchange, people will not be so happy.

I love Max's skill no doubt, but I think his questionable desire to win would be a dangerous thing to add to such a hardworking team as the Wings.

But as for Phaneuf, Regher, etc going up against Max, hah, well theyd have to catch him first. Hed win a foot race with Niedermayer, let alone outskate big defenseman like the above mentioned ones. Id probably value his speed even more than his stick handling skills..

I have always been a fan of Max. I would love to see him in red. he hasn't had that great of a season at all this year so he would be out there for cheeper.

Maybe being on the same line with either Z or Pavel could re-ignite this kid?

I've always thought Afinogenov was a waste of skill on a player with little/no drive. He can be good, but so could Samsonov. They are similiar in that way.

We don't need passagengers or players Z or Pav could make better, they could make basically anyone better (besides Samuelsson)

Getting Chris Gratton idea is about the best one I've heard.

I sure to like saying Afinogenov though.

Why? So he can sit in the stands during the playoffs.