• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Rumor: Campbell May be Moved

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Per Yahoo! Sports:

The Buffalo Sabres haven't ended contract talks with free-agent D Brian Campbell, but they're not making much progress. The word is Buffalo won't let Campbell go for nothing, and will move the defenseman before the trade deadline if he's not re-signed.

The Sharks, Senators, Penguins, Canucks, Rangers and Bruins have all made pitches for Campbell. The asking price: A player, prospect and No. 1 pick.

Campbell is a good defenseman, yes. However, his price appears to be the same as that which LA is asking for Blake--that is, a ludicrously high price.

Unfortunately, I feel that the earliness of the trade deadline this season has jacked up prices to a ridiculous degree; almost every team will still have the chance to make the playoffs by the time the deadline rolls around, and none will want to give up their stars--and thus their chances at making the playoffs--unless it is for a very, very good price, one which will greatly improve their chances in the following season.

It makes sense, but it ruins the deadline. Good work once again, Bettman---you f*ck.

San Jose could use him. I'd rather they not get him.

Eh, I disagree... their defense is pretty strong. Their forwards are the problem. Cheechoo, Marleau, Bernier, Michalek, all underachieving.

Eh, I disagree... their defense is pretty strong. Their forwards are the problem. Cheechoo, Marleau, Bernier, Michalek, all underachieving.

They could use a veteran puck-mover. Rivet is their leading scorer on defense with 26 points.

A great depth pick-up for Detroit. Not the first pairing but certainly a guy who could play there if injuries make it necessary. But the guy will likely be expensive - definitely more so than Blake.