• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

irishtemper14+25

Forsberg rejects Stars, Wings, Flames

Rate this topic

Forsberg told the wings no, he felt he would be a traitor to the avs after the heated rivalry

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...rigger_man.html

Forsberg says no

The Red Wings made a pitch to sign free-agent center Peter Forsberg, but he let them know he is not interested in playing for Detroit. The longtime Colorado Avalanche star apparently would feel somewhat like a traitor if he joined his former club's one-time arch-rival.

Forsberg has been skating and working out in his native Sweden and recently gave his agent the go-ahead to begin negotiating with a select group of NHL teams, which doesn't include the Red Wings.

Forsberg told the wings no, he felt he would be a traitor to the avs after the heated rivalry

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...rigger_man.html

are you freaking kidding me,....I'm on the minority but i wanted a guy we wouldn't have to give up anything to get,....i hope he doesn't come back at all,..loser.

I am not the guy who wants Forskin here, but I do like the Idea of not tapping into the petting zoo for someone. But guys I don't think it is that he does not want to play for Detroit becuase it is one time rival. I don't think that Detroit wanted to pay him the rumoured $5,000,000 per for 2-3 years...

Or maybe this is all a ploy? The thing I question is there is no qoutes from either side on this part of the article....

I am not the guy who wants Forskin here, but I do like the Idea of not tapping into the petting zoo for someone. But guys I don't think it is that he does not want to play for Detroit becuase it is one time rival. I don't think that Detroit wanted to pay him the rumoured $5,000,000 per for 2-3 years...

Or maybe this is all a ploy? The thing I question is there is no qoutes from either side on this part of the article....

haha :lol:

I was reading your signature. So are you a Dom supporter now as well or still somewhat indifferent?

Yep, i'm a supporter now. But for a while there I was getting a little concerned.

I'm glad he got out of his slup, he's playing great once again.

guess it's time to change my signature now, huh :P

Yep, i'm a supporter now. But for a while there I was getting a little concerned.

I'm glad he got out of his slup, he's playing great once again.

guess it's time to change my signature now, huh :P

Yep! It's great having two goalies that are playing at such high levels

It's doubtful he'd sign for Detroit but at the same he'd never say he wouldn't sign either. Until he's saying in interviews that he won't sign for Detroit - for whatever reason, be it contract or Avs loyalty - I'm not going to jump the gun.

Hope he doesn't go to Anaheim or San Jose. He would be such a ****** if he goes to Anaheim. He said no to Dallas and Nashville as well.

I think it is a little ridiculous to want to play for a cup contender right before the deadline after teams like Detroit have been building their team from the ground up all season long.

To inject 3 all star players onto a team right before the deadline is just a little bit of an insult to other teams and the NHL.

It's funny how so many of you were getting on all of us who had a grudge with Forsberg, telling us to put the past behind us. Well, it looks like he hasn't put the past behind either. Anyway, I hope he gets seriously injured wherever he goes, so that he can go back to Sweden with his tail between his legs like he has before. :hehe:

What was the contract we tried to get Bert to sign? one yr 3 mill? i dont kno but yah live and learn ...I wouldnt dish out anything over 2 mill for the guy unless he agreed to the insentive bonuses.. games played .. post season play yada yada .. makes sense to me not to bite on anything over that for a injury ridden once was .. big bert changed my mind frame on that

It's funny how so many of you were getting on all of us who had a grudge with Forsberg, telling us to put the past behind us. Well, it looks like he hasn't put the past behind either. Anyway, I hope he gets seriously injured wherever he goes, so that he can go back to Sweden with his tail between his legs like he has before. :hehe:

Although I don't wish horrible injury on the man I agree with you. I have to say that I kinda of respect him for this is this is truth. I complain sometimes becuase players only loyalty is to the greenbacks. I think it is ballsy and respectable, especially if he resigns with the Aves

What was the contract we tried to get Bert to sign? one yr 3 mill? i dont kno but yah live and learn ...I wouldnt dish out anything over 2 mill for the guy unless he agreed to the insentive bonuses.. games played .. post season play yada yada .. makes sense to me not to bite on anything over that for a injury ridden once was .. big bert changed my mind frame on that

I totally agree with you. I would be irrate if the Wings signed him to anything high. Mainly anything over 2 mil for him. Like you I am very fond of incentive based contracts. I think alot more players should be like this. IE Kronwall, he has not played a full season yet!

At this point I would hae paid $3 mil for Broke Back Bert!

That sucks.

Adding a guy like Forsberg would've been huge given the circumstances. Those that are making comments insulting him would praise any Red Wing who told the Avalanche "no" due to the old rivalry had Colorado been one of the front runners for their services.

i'm sooooooo glad he didn't choose the wings, i don't want him. it's pretty obvious he's going back to philly and being from philly i think that's great cause i hate the flyers and he's not going to help them. i predict he'll get hurt before the playoffs for alittle bit, then do very little in the playoffs and the flyers loose in the 2nd round if they happen to get out of the 1st.

Hey I remember a certain player that said he would never wear the Winged wheel so how long has Cheli been here, believe me I would rather run threw a field of thorns naked instead of Forskin playing here oh by the way any body catch what Mickey said last night on Forskin issue he will never be a Wing so, solong, goodbye, see ya later, dont let the door hit where the good split Forskin