• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
detroitdan

Trade suggested on SI.com

Rate this topic

I don't usually put any stock into what Allan Muir writes, but I thought I would post this since a friend of mine suggested a similar trade yesterday.

Toronto sends Darcy Tucker to Detroit for Justin Abdelkader and Kyle Quincey

"Yes, Tucker says he wants to stay in Toronto, but honestly, who wouldn't waive their no trade clause for a chance to join the best team in hockey? And while the Wings have said they won't clear the cupboards for a rental, the three years remaining on Tucker's deal make him an appealing pickup. With this deal, Detroit adds grit, experience and a knack for timely goal scoring that will come in handy should they draw Anaheim in the playoffs. The Leafs add a young, NHL-ready blueliner and a speedy, checking winger with 15-goal potential."

I wouldn't be all that interested in giving up both of those guys for Tucker...maybe Abdelkader but I like Quincey...Tucker is gritty and he can score goals given the right opportunity...I certainly wouldn't be against this trade if we didn't give up a roster player...thoughts?

Now we are talking...I love Tucker and the way he plays, he can score a little, fight, good defensively, has a mean streak but.......................................there is no way we can give that much up for him!! These no trade clauses imo are a joke and shoudn't even exist. There is no way Tucker wouldn't wave his NTC to play for the Wing's.

Tucker is not one of my favourite players...but I like what he brings to the table. I don't know how much he is making this season, but he could be a good pickup for the right price. He tends to take stupid penalties at bad times though, that's one thing we don't need. If he could remain fairly disciplined in the playoffs, I'd take a chance on him.

Whose spot is Tucker taking on the top 3 lines? I see him on the 4th line over Drake, but that's way too much to give up for a 4th liner.

Edited by Airborn

I don't usually put any stock into what Allan Muir writes, but I thought I would post this since a friend of mine suggested a similar trade yesterday.

Toronto sends Darcy Tucker to Detroit for Justin Abdelkader and Kyle Quincey

"Yes, Tucker says he wants to stay in Toronto, but honestly, who wouldn't waive their no trade clause for a chance to join the best team in hockey? And while the Wings have said they won't clear the cupboards for a rental, the three years remaining on Tucker's deal make him an appealing pickup. With this deal, Detroit adds grit, experience and a knack for timely goal scoring that will come in handy should they draw Anaheim in the playoffs. The Leafs add a young, NHL-ready blueliner and a speedy, checking winger with 15-goal potential."

I wouldn't be all that interested in giving up both of those guys for Tucker...maybe Abdelkader but I like Quincey...Tucker is gritty and he can score goals given the right opportunity...I certainly wouldn't be against this trade if we didn't give up a roster player...thoughts?

I would trade both those guys for Tucker in a heartbeat. I hate that littel f**ker but he'd fit in nicely on our team. Just as long as he learned not to take such retarded penalties.

Giving up a depth defensive forward (who might not even pan out) and a 5th/6th dman for a bonofide NHLer who has and can score 30 goals would be a no-brainer.

Besides, I think Ericsson has surpassed Quincy on the depth chart. This wouldn't hurt us in the least in the long run.

EDIT: Possible Lines

Cleary-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Filpulla-Zetterberg-Tucker

Hudler-Franzen-Sammy

Maltby-Drapes-Drake

or

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Homer

Cleary-Filpulla-Tucker

Hudler-Franzen-Sammy

Maltby-Drapes-Drake

Edited by Hank

I love Abdelkader's potential but Helm will fill the void. Detroit has no room for Quincey if they re-sign Lilja and promote Ericsson

I'd make this deal in a second. Even at Tucker's 4m/year. He'd be like a mini-Shanahan coming to this team.

As for the person who wondered wher he'd fit in/ who he'd replace, that's one's easy. He'd replace Samuelson on the 2nd line. That leaves you room to deal Hudler and/or Sammy for defensive depth. Someone like Staios.

Filpulla - Datsyuk - Homer

Cleary - Zetterberg - Tucker

Draper - Franzen- Maltby

Ellis - Kopecky - Drake

Lidstrom - Rafalksi

Kronwall - Staios

Chelios - Lilja

Lebda

Hasek

Osgood

= Cup

No thanks ... We still have to re-sign Zetterberg and Cleary ... Tucker would eat up the needed space.

I'm not so sure. We're $5M under the Cap and if rumors are correct, the Cap will increase another $3M.

With that $8M you could fit Tucker's $4M and resign Cleary or Lilja. I like how Lilja's been playing but I think we have enough depth on the farm to replace him. And who's to say that the Wings can't pick up a rental dman every spring for the playoffs?

We'll easily win the Central for the next 5+ years with the dmen we have now, even if it means no Lilja.

It's true that Zetts will be getting a big raise for the 09-10 season, but the Cap might be even higher then. And by that time we won't have Hasek's or Drapes big contracts on the books anymore. If Drapes comes back it won't be for $2M+. It'll be closer to Maltby's. In the end I'm confident that Holland can make all the peices fit.

Give me a break, Tucker??? This is what TSN says about him

Assets: Always comes to play and forechecks well. Provides an energy boost for his team every shift and has a decent set of hands. Is absolutely fearless.

Flaws: Has suspect skating ability, which has prevented him from becoming an all-star at the NHL level. His agitating qualities can at times hurt his own team.

Career potential: Third line winger.

He's tough, I get, it but really? Do want want to give up Justin Abdelkader and Kyle Quincey for a guy who makes way too much money for what he brings to the table? This era is about developing talent not trading it away for crap!

If there is going to be a trade we should be talking about names like Brian Campbell and Olli Jokinen!

Edited by LIDDYGIBBY5

No way would I give up Abdelkader and Quincey for him. Quincey is real close to being ready for the NHL, and Abdelkader is just a few years away and he could be NHL ready.

And, um, Tucker sucks.

Edited by Chase

I would love to have Tucker in our team. He brings grit, has a scoring touch, would help our PP and he is just a guy who u dont wanna play against in the POs. Due to his contract I also think we wont get him. We need to resign Zetterberg and Cleary. So there is no room for his contract.

Even though I think that we need to give up at least one of our young defensemen. Either Meech or Quincey.

I think Ericsson has more potential than they both have and we dont have enaugh room on our defense to add Meech, Quincey and Ericsson. Plus we shouldnt forget about Kindl who will also be NHL ready after another year of AHL.

Anyways, Tucker would be a nice fit, but I doubt the leafs will trade him and even if they did we wouldn take his 4mio contract

There's no reason to give up that much for this guy. I don't think that the Leafs really want to keep the guy - he's probalby one of the players they'd be happy to just get rid off. Like Kubina in the other post in the Rumour forum. Not bad players but they just make too much money for what they bring to the table. And now before you start going off about how that's exactly why we shouldn't grab them - Detroit doesn't have the cap problem that Toronto has and can easily absorb the contract Tucker (or a comparable player) has. And the only way Toronto can get rid of these kind of contracts is by trading them away cheap.

I think we're giving up too much there. I would give the Meech...but not Quincey.

Same here i prefer Quincey on our team in the future than Meech.

Whose spot is Tucker taking on the top 3 lines? I see him on the 4th line over Drake, but that's way too much to give up for a 4th liner.

You can either throw Drake or Malts out and put Tucks on the 2nd or 3rd line, but hopefully malts cuz i like the guy really but he is just not showing the heart anymore to play

In past years I would be all for the acquisition of Tucker, but this year something isn't right with that boy...Me thinks he's got some nagging/lingering injury, & only time away from hockey will let it heal.

...or it could be that he's on a God-awful team.

You guys would all love Tucker if he were here. He's gritty, he can hit hard, and he'd be a pretty solid second line guy. He wouldn't be just a rental either as he has a few more years on his contract. We have a glut of defensemen so Quincey is expendable and if you want to get something of value you have to give something of value. He's like a meaner version of Cleary...perfect for a series against the Ducks.

Edited by ARice89

If there is going to be a trade we should be talking about names like Brian Campbell and Olli Jokinen!

Why do we talk about Tucker - because it's way more likely than either of these. Esp Jokinen is way too expensive.