• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
detroitdan

Trade suggested on SI.com

Rate this topic

as much as I hate this guy I see perfect reason to have him in Wings roster.

definitely worth considering. he's such a mean a*hole that Wings could be

greatly improved with his package. he's perfect for our 2nd scoring line

(with Cleary and Franzen) or 3rd with Flip and Hudler. that would be

outstanding

Why do we talk about Tucker - because it's way more likely than either of these. Esp Jokinen is way too expensive.

Jokinen brings something to the table that the Wings really need, second line scoring. Yeah his contract is $5.25MM, but if you are going to get a rental , the rental might as well not be crap. Campbell is young and only 1.25MM and could really help the second PP unit. Tucker can hit and grind a play 9 mins a night and not do much more than that all for the exuberant price of $3MM.

Quincey? Sure have him, he's never going to be much of an NHL'r anyway. But TBH i wouldnt trade Dekader for him straight up. I see soooo many good qualities in Dekader. Sure its all raw talent atm, Id rather bank on his raw talent then give it up for a 2-3 year fodder in tucker.

Maybe Murask and Quincey, Or Emmerton and Quincey.. But Not Dekader.

Time to trade Draper for Tucker. Use Hudler in Drapers place. Get rid of him while there is value still. Tucker would be a better forward in the playoffs anyway. Hudler's ready, and he has better hands.

Forget his no trade clause, he'll waive it to go to TO, Draper's hometown.

Jokinen brings something to the table that the Wings really need, second line scoring. Yeah his contract is $5.25MM, but if you are going to get a rental , the rental might as well not be crap. Campbell is young and only 1.25MM and could really help the second PP unit. Tucker can hit and grind a play 9 mins a night and not do much more than that all for the exuberant price of $3MM.

I can't even imagine what the price would be to acquire Jokinen. The Panthers would be asking for Filpulla for sure. And if not, then prepare to open the cupboard up wide - Emmerton, Smith, Ericsson, etc would all be on their list.

We need an elite goal-scorer, not a rough and tumble grinder. If we were to get both, I would want the latter to come dirt-cheap -- otherwise we'd be taking ourselves out of contention for all of the top-shelf names on the block so that we can get a...middle-of-the-road guy? Stupid considering the kind of guy we truly need is, inherently, a big name (e.g. Hossa, Sundin).

Having said this, I think our chances of acquiring a star are looking very slim at this point in time....

- We have very few -- if any -- really juciy assets.

- Kenny is naturally averse to trading and would rather put more time and energy into re-singing our guys. In Hank's case, that means seeing to it that we have wiggle room.

- Everyone knows asking prices are going to be Absurd with a capital A across the board. Blake and Foppa have already gotten the party started. I almost shudder to think what Hossa will ultimately fetch.

In conclusion: f***.

Not a chance this would happen. I see your point but Drapes has way too much invested in Detroit to waive the clause. Besides, why would you get rid of one of the team leaders at this point in the season.

Guest Crymson

I thought we'd exterminated this topic last season.

In any event, last I checked neither Tucker nor Hudler were Selke candidates nor players with loyalty to the organization or leadership positions within the team.

Please go back to your rock.

I've said it before, but much as I hate Tucker he is EXACTLY what the wings need going into the playoffs

Biggest problem is trying to eat his $3-4M contract for the next 2 seasons and re-sign Zetterberg and Cleary, although it is doable (cap goes up, Hasek retires, which will give us an extra $5-6M next season). We may have to give up a roster player just to clear some cap room (Samuelsson? :) - probly someone young that will intrest the Leafs, so Hudler or Kopecky) Quincy is no great loss, he's never likely to be any more than a 5/6 d-man. In fact, his leaving gives Ericsson/Kindl more of a chance to progress. Him, Samuelsson and a 4th for Tucker - I'd do that in a heartbeat

We need an elite goal scorer

We lead the league in scoring We're going to have at least five 20 goal scorers. Zetterberg may get the Art Ross Trophy. What more do you want?

Edited by Nev

tucker has been awful this year, but recently has picked his game up. If the Leafs get out of the picture they will look to move him. I am note sure, but I think ferguson signed him to a no trade, so who knows what will happen. Ferguson is a dumbass.

Darcy did score that goal against us that last game... perhaps that means he is a superstar.

might as well sign up f*****

Edited by OsGOD

Guest Lebda4Pres

Holland Would never give up Abdelkader. Abdelkader's preformances at MSU have proven himself to Holland. Justin is the red wings top college prospect and the wings would not give him up for Darcy Tucker.