• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:36 PM

In past years I would be all for the acquisition of Tucker, but this year something isn't right with that boy...Me thinks he's got some nagging/lingering injury, & only time away from hockey will let it heal.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#22 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:38 PM

He makes $3 million, not $4, but maybe still a little too much (based on the way he's played this year anyway).

#23 Sebastian

Sebastian

Cheeks is in are you

• PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Booster313 @ February 8, 2008 - 02:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we're giving up too much there. I would give the Meech...but not Quincey.

Same here i prefer Quincey on our team in the future than Meech.

QUOTE (Airborn @ February 8, 2008 - 02:40PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whose spot is Tucker taking on the top 3 lines? I see him on the 4th line over Drake, but that's way too much to give up for a 4th liner.

You can either throw Drake or Malts out and put Tucks on the 2nd or 3rd line, but hopefully malts cuz i like the guy really but he is just not showing the heart anymore to play

^^^^^^
Thanks Jen

"He is the epitome of the word "leader". He inspires courage in others to the point where they can't even believe they are capable of such abilities. His is true to himself, and 99% of the world looks up to him."
Definition of Steve Yzerman

#24 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (F.Michael @ February 8, 2008 - 03:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In past years I would be all for the acquisition of Tucker, but this year something isn't right with that boy...Me thinks he's got some nagging/lingering injury, & only time away from hockey will let it heal.

...or it could be that he's on a God-awful team.

You guys would all love Tucker if he were here. He's gritty, he can hit hard, and he'd be a pretty solid second line guy. He wouldn't be just a rental either as he has a few more years on his contract. We have a glut of defensemen so Quincey is expendable and if you want to get something of value you have to give something of value. He's like a meaner version of Cleary...perfect for a series against the Ducks.

Edited by ARice89, 08 February 2008 - 03:44 PM.

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#25 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

Hell no to Tucker.

If the Red Wings acquire any player from Toronto, it better be Sundin.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#26 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (LIDDYGIBBY5 @ February 8, 2008 - 09:25PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there is going to be a trade we should be talking about names like Brian Campbell and Olli Jokinen!

Why do we talk about Tucker - because it's way more likely than either of these. Esp Jokinen is way too expensive.

#27 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:44 PM

As long was we are looking for a blue and white... why not get Boyd back? isn't he still over there lighting it up?

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#28 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:47 PM

as much as I hate this guy I see perfect reason to have him in Wings roster.

definitely worth considering. he's such a mean a*hole that Wings could be
greatly improved with his package. he's perfect for our 2nd scoring line
(with Cleary and Franzen) or 3rd with Flip and Hudler. that would be
outstanding

#29 LIDDYGIBBY5

LIDDYGIBBY5

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (SweWings @ February 8, 2008 - 03:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do we talk about Tucker - because it's way more likely than either of these. Esp Jokinen is way too expensive.

Jokinen brings something to the table that the Wings really need, second line scoring. Yeah his contract is $5.25MM, but if you are going to get a rental , the rental might as well not be crap. Campbell is young and only 1.25MM and could really help the second PP unit. Tucker can hit and grind a play 9 mins a night and not do much more than that all for the exuberant price of $3MM.
"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week." Herb Brooks

2 16

33 To The Rafters!!

#30 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:59 PM

Quincey? Sure have him, he's never going to be much of an NHL'r anyway. But TBH i wouldnt trade Dekader for him straight up. I see soooo many good qualities in Dekader. Sure its all raw talent atm, Id rather bank on his raw talent then give it up for a 2-3 year fodder in tucker.

Maybe Murask and Quincey, Or Emmerton and Quincey.. But Not Dekader.
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#31 Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grinder

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:00 PM

I am right, this is just a suggestion, and not a rumor, correct? Its hard to tell the difference anymore. A player similar to Tucker would be fine, but he makes too much money.

#32 The Enforcer

The Enforcer

Stanley Cup Champs 2008

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:01 PM

Time to trade Draper for Tucker. Use Hudler in Drapers place. Get rid of him while there is value still. Tucker would be a better forward in the playoffs anyway. Hudler's ready, and he has better hands.

Forget his no trade clause, he'll waive it to go to TO, Draper's hometown.
"The place was filled with every cutthroat and low-life from Bombay to Calcutta. It was worse than being in Detroit."

#33 Hank

Hank

60% of the time it works everytime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (LIDDYGIBBY5 @ February 8, 2008 - 03:50PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jokinen brings something to the table that the Wings really need, second line scoring. Yeah his contract is $5.25MM, but if you are going to get a rental , the rental might as well not be crap. Campbell is young and only 1.25MM and could really help the second PP unit. Tucker can hit and grind a play 9 mins a night and not do much more than that all for the exuberant price of $3MM.

I can't even imagine what the price would be to acquire Jokinen. The Panthers would be asking for Filpulla for sure. And if not, then prepare to open the cupboard up wide - Emmerton, Smith, Ericsson, etc would all be on their list.

#34 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:06 PM

You had to make a new thread?

Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#35 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

We need an elite goal-scorer, not a rough and tumble grinder. If we were to get both, I would want the latter to come dirt-cheap -- otherwise we'd be taking ourselves out of contention for all of the top-shelf names on the block so that we can get a...middle-of-the-road guy? Stupid considering the kind of guy we truly need is, inherently, a big name (e.g. Hossa, Sundin).

Having said this, I think our chances of acquiring a star are looking very slim at this point in time....

- We have very few -- if any -- really juciy assets.
- Kenny is naturally averse to trading and would rather put more time and energy into re-singing our guys. In Hank's case, that means seeing to it that we have wiggle room.
- Everyone knows asking prices are going to be Absurd with a capital A across the board. Blake and Foppa have already gotten the party started. I almost shudder to think what Hossa will ultimately fetch.

In conclusion: f***.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#36 wingsfan75

wingsfan75

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:10 PM

Not a chance this would happen. I see your point but Drapes has way too much invested in Detroit to waive the clause. Besides, why would you get rid of one of the team leaders at this point in the season.
IPB Image

#37 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:10 PM

I thought we'd exterminated this topic last season.

In any event, last I checked neither Tucker nor Hudler were Selke candidates nor players with loyalty to the organization or leadership positions within the team.

Please go back to your rock.

#38 Statts

Statts

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:11 PM

I hope this thread is a joke. I swear the same thread pops up every year. I donít have the time nor the energy to tell you why this will never happen.
I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, I'm going to mop the floor with your face.
I said, You'll be sorry.
He said, Oh, yeah? Why?
I said, Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well.
-Emo Philips

#39 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

Tucker is s*** this year and has already told Fletcher he is not waiving his no trade clause.
Dead issue.
naked is a state of mind

#40 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:20 PM

I would love to have Tucker in Detroit!
My answer is abit baised as I got to play street hockey with him once, super nice guy by the way
But he would bring many assets the wings need