• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:22 PM

I've said it before, but much as I hate Tucker he is EXACTLY what the wings need going into the playoffs

Biggest problem is trying to eat his $3-4M contract for the next 2 seasons and re-sign Zetterberg and Cleary, although it is doable (cap goes up, Hasek retires, which will give us an extra $5-6M next season). We may have to give up a roster player just to clear some cap room (Samuelsson? smile.gif - probly someone young that will intrest the Leafs, so Hudler or Kopecky) Quincy is no great loss, he's never likely to be any more than a 5/6 d-man. In fact, his leaving gives Ericsson/Kindl more of a chance to progress. Him, Samuelsson and a 4th for Tucker - I'd do that in a heartbeat

QUOTE (Dabura)
We need an elite goal scorer

We lead the league in scoring We're going to have at least five 20 goal scorers. Zetterberg may get the Art Ross Trophy. What more do you want?

Edited by Nev, 08 February 2008 - 04:27 PM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#42 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:22 PM

If Darcy is not hitting and agitating he is useless and he is doing neither this year.
naked is a state of mind

#43 Kingston

Kingston

Rookie

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

Yesterday On FSN-D That Ken wants players that can move the puck and be a puck pression team

#44 bigd78

bigd78

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

Never liked Tucker, especially after what he did to Wooley. but if he helps the team, then I say do it.

#45 redwings56

redwings56

Phenom

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:37 AM

tucker has been awful this year, but recently has picked his game up. If the Leafs get out of the picture they will look to move him. I am note sure, but I think ferguson signed him to a no trade, so who knows what will happen. Ferguson is a dumbass.

Great Season Datsyuk

#46 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

I hope not. Abdelkader and Quincey are two of the prospects I like best in the organization. I'd rather give up an offensive minded prospect.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#47 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:03 PM

Darcy did score that goal against us that last game... perhaps that means he is a superstar.

might as well sign up f*****

Edited by OsGOD, 13 February 2008 - 01:03 PM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#48 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:20 PM

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#49 Lebda4Pres

Lebda4Pres

Rookie

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:06 PM

Holland Would never give up Abdelkader. Abdelkader's preformances at MSU have proven himself to Holland. Justin is the red wings top college prospect and the wings would not give him up for Darcy Tucker.