Lapointe (w/ OTT)

Blake (w/ANA, PHI)- will not involve Ericsson or Kindl

Other names and front-runners NOT linked to Wings:

Sundin (VAN, ANA)

Forsberg (PHI, VAN, MIN)

Lang (NJ)

Jokinen (DAL, CGY)

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

I can see Hossa wanting to go to NY to play with his brother. That's not good for us that they're in the running for him.

I know, but maybe he wants a Cup more than a family reunion. ;)

I hate that the Ducks have their webbed feet in everything we do. Sundin, Forsberg, Blake, and now Hossa. I hate being in the same sentence as them. Well, at least we have Lapointe to argue about now.

No thx to all

Who do you want that could be had? Remembering that a Sundin or a Blake will cost a player and prospects.

I like the idea of a Lapointe on the Wings. He can fight, he does hit, he is gritty, and he can be a top six forward in the right system. I want a player that can do all of those things for the eventual play-off series with ANA.

As for a Dman, a few names I would like us to be linked to would be Jovo and enforcers in the East.

Guest Canadian Wings

Glenn Murry would be better then Lapointe. But ya, not really too impressed in any of those.

Hossa (w/ ANA,MTL, NYR) --- RENTAL

Lapointe (w/ OTT) - Another Washed Up Wing

Blake (w/ANA, PHI --- INJURED RENTAL

--

There's tons of people that are have-able.

Gratton TB - Comrie,Hunter - NYI, Malone,Ruutu - PIT, Cooke - VAN, Tucker - TOR, Fritche - CBJ .... All have been on hte rumor mill at some point this year, and all could help the team. and not cost an arm and a leg like the 2 others would.

--

Gratton TB - Comrie,Hunter - NYI, Malone,Ruutu - PIT, Cooke - VAN, Tucker - TOR, Fritche - CBJ .... All have been on hte rumor mill at some point this year, and all could help the team. and not cost an arm and a leg like the 2 others would.

Gratton: absolutely, would shut a LOT of people up around here. Hunter is a good choice. Ruutu is a bit of a douchebag.

Hossa, IMO, is a great asset to have. Rental or not, the guy is a threat whenever he is on the ice. I would gladly trade a Hudler and a Sammy and a pick/prospect to get him here and possibly sign him to a 2-3 year deal.

Glen Murray hits the IR when someone looks at him funny. No thanks.

Lapointe? I wasn't that big on him back when he was a Wing, but for the right price he does bring something to the table we're lacking.

Hossa, Sundin, Jokinen? Sure, but there is no way we will afford any of them.

Forsberg? He turned us down.

Blake? Bum ankle and old. He wouldn't help much this year, especially given the likely price.

Lang? Oh, puhleeze.

Sad, but true. I'd love to see Hossa, Sundin or Jokinen in the red and white, and would have said the same about Blake prior to his injury...but they'll all cost more than they're worth at this point. Lapointe is an interesting choice, and I could get behind this if the price is right, but with Mac attempting a comeback, I might take the diminished returns on his skills for the energy he'd bring to the lockerroom over Marty.

I just don't see a major play in our future this season.

--

Uh, how would Hossa be a rental? The assumption with him is that we'd re-sign. He'd be too costly not to -- it'd be a stipulation of the trade.

Rumors from Press

Wings in hunt for:

Hossa (w/ ANA,MTL, NYR)

Lapointe (w/ OTT)

Blake (w/ANA, PHI)- will not involve Ericsson or Kindl

Other names and front-runners:

Sundin (VAN, ANA)

Forsberg (PHI, VAN, MIN)

Lang (NJ)

Jokinen (DAL, CGY)

Didn't Forsberg alreayd eliminate the Wings from his list of teams?

Ok so thres no such thing as a rental player, because theres always the chance of resigning him.. makes perfect sence to me.

Sundin and Blake are rentals. They would return to their respective teams after the potential Cup run with a contender. Hossa, on the other hand, is an ELITE player that ATL would drop so they can rebuild or clear cap space for big deals in the summer.

Didn't Forsberg alreayd eliminate the Wings from his list of teams?

Yes, the Wings aren't in parenthesis. The second list of players are just big names not mentioned with the Wings, with Lang being a fun addition to that list.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Gratton: absolutely, would shut a LOT of people up around here. Hunter is a good choice. Ruutu is a bit of a douchebag.

Hossa, IMO, is a great asset to have. Rental or not, the guy is a threat whenever he is on the ice. I would gladly trade a Hudler and a Sammy and a pick/prospect to get him here and possibly sign him to a 2-3 year deal.

Its going to cost far more than that to get Hossa. You said it yourself that Atlanta would move Hossa to rebuild. That means no interest in Sammy, and little in Hudler. They'd want a couple guys they feel can be key components in the future. Flip would be the guy they'd want, along with Kindl or Ericsson...and a pick or two to cap it off.

Its going to cost far more than that to get Hossa. You said it yourself that Atlanta would move Hossa to rebuild. That means no interest in Sammy, and little in Hudler. They'd want a couple guys they feel can be key components in the future. Flip would be the guy they'd want, along with Kindl or Ericsson...and a pick or two to cap it off.

Kindl and Ericsson are untouchables according to management.

I know Hossa will cost a lot. And Flip is also someone I would be willing to part with to get Hossa, who is better than both of them. But not BOTH Flip and Hudler.

Why Would we want Lang?

We dont. Hes locked up for next year at another 4M hell no.

Personally, even if the Wings do get Blake, Id still like them to take a long hard look at Prospal or Comrie..

Has anybody given any thought to Spacek? Hes signed for another year at 3.3M, but hes a pretty good stay at home guy who is a hard worker, can score some goals, and is pretty physical. Plus we have a good trade history with the Sabres...Holland and Regier are friends...

--

I keep forgetting about him. Hes really seemed to have picked up his game now that Crosby has been out. Maybe its been the increased ice time?? Id really like to see Detroit make a pitch for him. Not at the price of Hudler - I dont think a free agent Malone would even fetch Hudler - but Malone is one player Id like to see Detoit pull out some stops for..

Edited by YoungGuns1340

I keep forgetting about him. Hes really seemed to have picked up his game now that Crosby has been out. Maybe its been the increased ice time?? Id really like to see Detroit make a pitch for him. Not at the price of Hudler - I dont think a free agent Malone would even fetch Hudler - but Malone is one player Id like to see Detoit pull out some stops for..

As much as I would like him. He is a BIG part of the Pens org. and he is FROM Pittsburgh. 0-1% chance he leaves when the Pens are on the upswing.