• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Danny

Red Wings top trade bait

Rate this topic

Dump Hudler. He hasn't scored a goal in 10 games, and his numbers this season aren't all that great anyways. He's a very one-dimensional hockey player, and if he's not scoring goals, he's pretty much useless.

Besides that, I think he's overated to the extreme around here. I remember people even comparing him to Paul Kariya at one point, which I laughed my ass off when I seen that. Great AHL numbers do not always translate to NHL success. Otherwise, Stacy Roest (remember him?), who is the exact same type of player as Hudler, might still be in the NHL...

I don't like hearing that Quincey might be traded, because I think the guy has all the tools to become a great defenseman. Same thing with the others like Kindl and Ericsson. Leave these guys alone in the minors, and let them develop. Heck, if the Griffins didn't blow so badly this year, maybe their potential would be showing better, and they wouldn't all be having such bad seasons...

Edited by Kp-Wings

am I the only one who likes Lebda??? I mean honestly, I love having him on the team.

He's a decent 5/6 defenseman but he's kind of redundant here. He's a great skater and that's about it. He's weak along the boards due to his size and can't do much offensively. I'd rather have a bruiser in his spot.

He's a decent 5/6 defenseman but he's kind of redundant here. He's a great skater and that's about it. He's weak along the boards due to his size and can't do much offensively. I'd rather have a bruiser in his spot.

Agreed. We could do a reverse-Sergei and have him play forward. He has wheels and can control the puck. Could he do better up front???

True, but I think his speed is a great asset to our team. Like lidstrom he is able to jump up in the play, yet get back and not neglect his defensive responsibilities, most of the time atleast. As long as him and Kronnic never play together due to their habit of turning the puck over in our zone, I think Lebs is a fine fit for our team.

Agreed. We could do a reverse-Sergei and have him play forward. He has wheels and can control the puck. Could he do better up front???

I'm pretty sure Babcock tried it for a game last year. Didn't work out too well.

Lebda does not impress me at all. He can skate, but he can't do anything else. He's just another body out there being used to eat up minutes so Lidstrom can rest, if you ask me. The Wings would be better off getting a physical defenseman at the deadline to take his spot, or an all around performer that can play the PP, as well as do other things (such as Brad Stuart, whom is now in my avatar :) ).

I don't think Lebda will be moved, because Babcock seems to like him. His name isn't mentioned in trade rumors, and they seem to happy with what he does (which I don't seem to see), so I don't see him going anywhere at the trade deadline.

Edited by Kp-Wings

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/columnists/pagnotta.html

"he Wings have Jiri Hudler and Kyle Quincey they're willing to dangle"

Hudler + Quincey + a 1st rounder is a pretty good deal for anyone...maybe not competitive enough, but still as a package or separately, those pieces should be able to attract something nice. Two cheap, young, NHL ready players is a good deal for anyone..

I really don't think the Wings will give their 1st round pick to anyone. They have traded them away for so many years and I think those practices are over in the "new" NHL where teams are more competitive and talent is more important. They need a top 30 player to bring in every season.

Any other pick is fair game IMO.

Dump Hudler. He hasn't scored a goal in 10 games, and his numbers this season aren't all that great anyways. He's a very one-dimensional hockey player, and if he's not scoring goals, he's pretty much useless.

Besides that, I think he's overated to the extreme around here. I remember people even comparing him to Paul Kariya at one point, which I laughed my ass off when I seen that. Great AHL numbers do not always translate to NHL success. Otherwise, Stacy Roest (remember him?), who is the exact same type of player as Hudler, might still be in the NHL...

I don't like hearing that Quincey might be traded, because I think the guy has all the tools to become a great defenseman. Same thing with the others like Kindl and Ericsson. Leave these guys alone in the minors, and let them develop. Heck, if the Griffins didn't blow so badly this year, maybe their potential would be showing better, and they wouldn't all be having such bad seasons...

uhhhh huds has 32 pts this season which is more than sammy and flip, and he does it while getting less time than them, so i wouldnt call him useless

uhhhh huds has 32 pts this season which is more than sammy and flip, and he does it while getting less time than them, so i wouldnt call him useless

Yeah, and that was all in a little hot-streak back in late November through Mid-December. What has he done since then?

Hudler hasn't scored a goal in 10 games. If he's not producing points, he's virtually useless, and contributes nothing when he doesn't score. If he is scoring, then he's fine, but otherwise, I see no reason for him to be in the lineup.

...and also, he may have more points than Filppula, but is nowhere near the all around player that Filppula is. Filppula is a better player, and can play a defensive role, as well as an offensive role. Hudler can only do one, and lately, he hasn't been doing what he's supposed to.

To be honest, I've never been a big Hudler fan. I know plenty of small guys in the NHL have gone on to have great careers (Marty St. Louis, Brian Gionta, Valeri Bure, Cliff Ronning, etc.), but for some reason, Hudler doesn't impress me. The only time I really see anything from him is in the shootout, which he is good in. But, the shootout isn't important enough to keep a guy around solely for that purpose. This season, scoring wise, he's been inconsistant at best. Maybe with more ice, he'd be scoring more, but it's hard to tell.

Overall, Hudler is not considered an "untouchable player" because you can find plenty of guys like him, whether it be in the draft, free agency, straight out of Europe (one of those three Swedish prospects, I think his last name was Klassen, has similar statistics and playing style over in Europe), or a variety of other places. If teams want Hudler, there is no reason why the Wings shouldn't give him up, if they can something decent for him. He's one of the players the Wings really can move.

Oh, and by the way... I hate Samuelsson, so you don't have to use him in an arguement to support Hudler, or any other player for that matter. ;)

Edited by Kp-Wings

Yeah, and that was all in a little hot-streak back in late November through Mid-December. What has he done since then?

Hudler hasn't scored a goal in 10 games. If he's not producing points, he's virtually useless, and contributes nothing when he doesn't score. If he is scoring, then he's fine, but otherwise, I see no reason for him to be in the lineup.

...and also, he may have more points than Filppula, but is nowhere near the all around player that Filppula is. Filppula is a better player, and can play a defensive role, as well as an offensive role. Hudler can only do one, and lately, he hasn't been doing what he's supposed to.

To be honest, I've never been a big Hudler fan. I know plenty of small guys in the NHL have gone on to have great careers (Marty St. Louis, Brian Gionta, Valeri Bure, Cliff Ronning, etc.), but for some reason, Hudler doesn't impress me. The only time I really see anything from him is in the shootout, which he is good in. But, the shootout isn't important enough to keep a guy around solely for that purpose. This season, scoring wise, he's been inconsistant at best. Maybe with more ice, he'd be scoring more, but it's hard to tell.

Overall, Hudler is not considered an "untouchable player" because you can find plenty of guys like him, whether it be in the draft, free agency, straight out of Europe (one of those three Swedish prospects, I think his last name was Klassen, has similar statistics and playing style over in Europe), or a variety of other places. If teams want Hudler, there is no reason why the Wings shouldn't give him up, if they can something decent for him. He's one of the players the Wings really can move.

Oh, and by the way... I hate Samuelsson, so you don't have to use him in an arguement to support Hudler, or any other player for that matter. ;)

Young players are bound to be inconsistent. Filppula has no points in his last 5 games, and is a -2. He also scored 9 goals in a 10-game span (November-December?).

He is a better forechecker, I will give him that... and always gives a lot of effort.

EDIT: Hudler is getting 12-15 minutes, except for last game. Filppula is also getting 12-15 minutes. Samuelsson is getting 13-16. So there.

Edited by Earthhuman

Guys that I would trade: Hudler, Meech, Quincey, Pyett, Grigorenko! (lol)

Guys I would hang on to: (unless it's for Jokinen): Ericsson, Kindl, Filpulla, Abdelkader

Guys I would trade for: Jokinen, Prospal, Comrie

Guest Canadian Wings
Guys that I would trade: Hudler, Meech, Quincey, Pyett, Grigorenko! (lol)

Guys I would hang on to: (unless it's for Jokinen): Ericsson, Kindl, Filpulla, Abdelkader

Guys I would trade for: Jokinen, Prospal, Comrie

comrie? are u kidding me!? he's not what we need.

i'd trade hudler or quincey to get something decent back..ppl cant say oh i dont wanna trade quincey who is a what, 8th defensive option at this point? come on now

also, f***in lebda pisses me off. anytime he goes on one of his little rushes u know itll never amount to anything. he blazes down the ice like a mad man, then the puck goes off in the corner or something to that nature. i'd deal him for someone who can play in our system, with a decent sized body.

Why do people think Sammy cannot be moved. Are you guys really serious?? Regardless of what he returns, he could EASILY be moved. Hes not stupid. Hes not small. Hes not slow. Hes not expensive. He doesnt have a bad attitude. Hes not skill-less. Hes not a defensive liability.

Wings fans are so spoiled. You all want every player to make huge hits, block shots, score 25 goals a season, play the PK and PP admirably, and have a bullet for a shot. Well I hate to break it to you, but not many teams have a 7-8 forward who does that. Theyre called depth players for a reason, and as such, they are only supposed to fill in the gaps. Sammy does exactly that.

On other teams, Sammy would probably be playing the PK. And the PP (in a better utilized position). Hed probably be getting more minutes than he is here, and hed probably break the 50 point barrier by seasons end. If he stays healthy, he will break 40 points, which is very admirable for a guy whos making 1.2M a year.

If I had more time, I bet I could find at least 25 other forwards in this league who are making more than 1.2M and are producing less than Sammy...

Magnificently put on Samuelsson and on Wings fans. :clap:

Why do people think Sammy cannot be moved. Are you guys really serious?? Regardless of what he returns, he could EASILY be moved. Hes not stupid. Hes not small. Hes not slow. Hes not expensive. He doesnt have a bad attitude. Hes not skill-less. Hes not a defensive liability.

Wings fans are so spoiled. You all want every player to make huge hits, block shots, score 25 goals a season, play the PK and PP admirably, and have a bullet for a shot. Well I hate to break it to you, but not many teams have a 7-8 forward who does that. Theyre called depth players for a reason, and as such, they are only supposed to fill in the gaps. Sammy does exactly that.

On other teams, Sammy would probably be playing the PK. And the PP (in a better utilized position). Hed probably be getting more minutes than he is here, and hed probably break the 50 point barrier by seasons end. If he stays healthy, he will break 40 points, which is very admirable for a guy whos making 1.2M a year.

If I had more time, I bet I could find at least 25 other forwards in this league who are making more than 1.2M and are producing less than Sammy...

:clap: You hit the nail right on the head there!! It seems like Wings fans expect every player to be the next Steve Yzerman. I think Sammy's just fine here and I'd rather we not trade him. Lebda and Lilja I think we should keep for some defenceive depth.

Hudler, however, I think he's good enough to trade to another team. He doesn't get too much ice time here, and might be a good 2nd liner for someone else. I might trade Hudler for a defencemen incase one of our top 6 gets injured. I like him, but he might have more personal success elsewhere.

Edited by wingnut40

I Agree

I hate Sammy, but i agree, there would definitely be some takers out there. My issue is with people throwing his name out there in packages for players that are significantly better than him. There is zero upside to Sammy, which means teams are not going to give us anybody of real importance. The best you're going to get in a trade involving Sammy is a lateral move....similar to Williams for Calder. None of this Sammy and a pick for [insert good players name] crap.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

I hate Sammy, but i agree, there would definitely be some takers out there. My issue is with people throwing his name out there in packages for players that are significantly better than him. There is zero upside to Sammy, which means teams are not going to give us anybody of real importance. The best you're going to get in a trade involving Sammy is a lateral move....similar to Williams for Calder. None of this Sammy and a pick for [insert good players name] crap.

Sammy and a pick for [brashear and Erskine] :D

Guest octopusdank
I should have added:

Cleary: contract year, really lit things up this year, still young enough to have some solid NHL seasons ahead if he keeps up the regimen

Of course there are reasons for and against each player being traded (for example, Cleary was a career underperformer before coming to Detroit), but it does make for interesting discussion. I think Hudler and some Griffins are our only true non-pick bait this season, but we'll see. Once again, I predict no major trades for us this season.

uncle danny tanner??