• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

2/9 GDT: Maple Leafs 3, Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Hasek had a bad game..but still no reason for e veryone to say he sucks or freak outl. Look at Osgood's game vs Kings I didn't really see anyone complaining about that..Hasek has been amazing for the past 2 months its bound hes gonna have a bad game.

wow - wow - wow

2 deflection goals... what's your problem guys??? Last time I checked Ozzy allowed 5 goals against powerful Kings and nobody even complain... what's going on here???

Ozzie's play the other night has exactly what to do with Dom laying on the ice until the puck is being teed-up at the BLUELINE?

Hasek had a bad game..but still no reason for e veryone to say he sucks or freak outl. Look at Osgood's game vs Kings I didn't really see anyone complaining about that..Hasek has been amazing for the past 2 months its bound hes gonna have a bad game.

No where near as bad as Ozzie the other night. we got a point.

And away we go...

Goalie war starting. Head for the exits.

Let's be honest - I support Ozzy 100% - don't care who is goalie, I want win for Detroit... but this is enough... no credit for Hasek when he get his SO - today's game, Zetterberg TO and Toronto scores on deflection goal - 2nd of the night... and then some assholes are saying that Hasek sucked all game... WTF is going on... I can say that Ozzy is sucking every single game after he signed for 3 more years... and so what???

EDIT: BTW Ozzy all star = JOKE... It was emarassing watching him at the ALL Star Break...

Edited by Dominator2005

The Wings as a whole haven't been all that great lately. They're winning games but the real problem on this team is that we don't have any consistent scoring apart from 13, 40, 96, 11, 5, and 28. We need another scorer. Flip's been invisible for the last month (he has 5 points since Jan 1 and two of those were in the first two games of the new year). I like Hudler, but I still don't trust him in the playoffs--and he has 1 point in his last ten. You want the biggest problem on this team? We don't have a second line or a second PP unit. Thankfully our top line is good as hell, but I don't really want to go into the playoffs like that, especially considering the EuroTwins (Datsyuk mainly) didn't do anything on the road in the postseason last year.

I didn't see the third period, but pretty much everyone is in agreement Hasek didn't play well so that's fine. Even if the goals weren't as bad as people seem to think, he obviously got outplayed by Toskala who was incredible most of the night.

It'd be nice if they scored some goals once in awhile, though. The Wings have put in a whopping 24 in Dom's last 10 starts, and six of those were against SJ. It's not like they're helping him out. (And since I know I'd get asked, they've scored 34 in Osgood's last 10 starts...both goalies are 7-2-1).

It's tough to take every team's best shot game in and game out. There are going to be some stinkers--we've seen a pair the last two games, plus they were pretty bad against Minnesota for most of the game. I assume the team will snap out of it, but I definitely think we need to find another guy to score some goals. I'm not worried over a poor performance by either goalie really. They've both been fine and again, you're not going to be at your best every night. Dom's been the best goalie in the league for the last two months. Disappointing to lose, especially if he could've done something on either of those two goals at the end, but what're ya gonna do. Regroup, and get the Ducks tomorrow.

Edited by Packer487

Let's be honest - I support Ozzy 100% - don't care who is goalie, I want win for Detroit... but this is enough... no credit for Hasek when he get his SO - today's game, Zetterberg TO and Toronto scores on deflection goal - 2nd of the night... and then some assholes are saying that Hasek sucked all game... WTF is going on... I can say that Ozzy is sucking every single game after he signed for 3 more years... and so what???

Hasek fans think he never gets the credit he deserves and gets ripped on for goals that weren't soft.

Ozzy fans think he doesn't get enough credit for wins, but gets the lionshare of blame for losses.

It's not worth talking about goaltending with fans of either goalie, because their bias and defensiveness clouds judgement.

It's too bad we unfortunate we can't talk about goals or goaltenders without it breaking down, but that's the way it is and has been.

Maybe the mods can create a thread for those who don't favor either goalie, so we can talk about it. :D

Hasek fans think he never gets the credit he deserves and gets ripped on for goals that weren't soft.

Ozzy fans think he doesn't get enough credit for wins, but gets the lionshare of blame for losses.

It's not worth talking about goaltending with fans of either goalie, because their bias and defensiveness clouds judgement.

It's too bad we unfortunate we can't talk about goals or goaltenders without it breaking down, but that's the way it is and has been.

Maybe the mods can create a thread for those who don't favor either goalie, so we can talk about it. :D

I have no problem giving the credit to Ozzy when needed... first of all I'm Red Wings fan and not Hasek/Ozzy fan... You can put Cheveldae in the goal and I will be Red Wings fan... here, there are so many Ozzy "fans" that sometimes you think that Ozzy is bigger than Detroit... It's just stupid... I would like to see Ozzy at 42 - too bad we are never going to see that...

Geez, you guys, way to bail on your own team. I didn't even see more than five minutes of the game and I can tell what happened just by reading this page. So we lost two games in a row, big deal. It's bound to happen. And lay off the goalies for crying out loud, they're NOT the only members of the team that lead to wins or losses.

That said, GO WINGS tomorrow! :thumbup:

Ok so changing topic. Did anyone else notice during the third period Lilja had the puck behind the net and there were 2 little kids banging on the glass. Did anyone happen too see the one flip him off? I thought it was pretty funny since the kid was like 5 years old. :lol:

Pity we lost at least Nick and Sammy scored and we got at least one point. That second point was so overrated. <_<

The Wings did not capitalize on their few chances....plain and simple......Toskala made some game savers on a couple but overall the Wings did not play their best game....that's hockey!

They did get a road point today and I would be shocked if tomorrow's game resembles this performance in any way...

I agree they are slumping. I am blaming this all on the trade deadline and Cleary not signing a contract. Those things get the players minds in different places.

Lidstrom, Homer, Zetterberg and Datsyuk are the only ones ready for the playoffs right now. Nobody else is playing with enough emotion to win. They keep trying to score the same kind of goals every game but teems are a lot more keen to it.

We'll see how they play tomorrow. If it's bad Kenny is going to have to do something because we need another veteran player to activate the second or third line.

I agree they are slumping. I am blaming this all on the trade deadline and Cleary not signing a contract. Those things get the players minds in different places.

Lidstrom, Homer, Zetterberg and Datsyuk are the only ones ready for the playoffs right now. Nobody else is playing with enough emotion to win. They keep trying to score the same kind of goals every game but teems are a lot more keen to it.

We'll see how they play tomorrow. If it's bad Kenny is going to have to do something because we need another veteran player to activate the second or third line.

For Christ's sake people. We lost because we didn't score enough. The team that score less than 3 goals in an NHL game wins less than 10% of the time. It wasn't Dom's fault that we didn't score enough. Agreed, he didn't have a very good game but if we score another goal, it never gets to OT and we win in regulation.

Lay off Dom, he had a bad game but it wasn't his fault that we lost.

I have no problem giving the credit to Ozzy when needed... first of all I'm Red Wings fan and not Hasek/Ozzy fan... You can put Cheveldae in the goal and I will be Red Wings fan... here, there are so many Ozzy "fans" that sometimes you think that Ozzy is bigger than Detroit... It's just stupid... I would like to see Ozzy at 42 - too bad we are never going to see that...
For the record, I'm not anti-hasek or anti-osgood, I'm pretty much in the middle, but why say things like this??? The same can be said for over the top Hasek fans. Saying stuff like this only provokes people into starting a fight.

I have not read the entire thread so I apologize if this has been posted:

From MLIVE:Cleary has fractured jaw

by Ansar Khan

Saturday February 09, 2008, 3:04 PM

Quick update after the game: Wings coach Mike Babcock said Dan Cleary suffered a non-displaced fracture of his jaw when he was hit by a shot in front of the net with 5:03 to play in the first period. Babcock also cautioned that that is somewhat unofficial, since he was looked at by Leafs doctors, not Detroit's. No word on how long he'll be out.

The Wings as a whole haven't been all that great lately. They're winning games but the real problem on this team is that we don't have any consistent scoring apart from 13, 40, 96, 11, 5, and 28. We need another scorer. Flip's been invisible for the last month (he has 5 points since Jan 1 and two of those were in the first two games of the new year). I like Hudler, but I still don't trust him in the playoffs--and he has 1 point in his last ten. You want the biggest problem on this team? We don't have a second line or a second PP unit. Thankfully our top line is good as hell, but I don't really want to go into the playoffs like that, especially considering the EuroTwins (Datsyuk mainly) didn't do anything on the road in the postseason last year.

I didn't see the third period, but pretty much everyone is in agreement Hasek didn't play well so that's fine. Even if the goals weren't as bad as people seem to think, he obviously got outplayed by Toskala who was incredible most of the night.

It'd be nice if they scored some goals once in awhile, though. The Wings have put in a whopping 24 in Dom's last 10 starts, and six of those were against SJ. It's not like they're helping him out. (And since I know I'd get asked, they've scored 34 in Osgood's last 10 starts...both goalies are 7-2-1).

It's tough to take every team's best shot game in and game out. There are going to be some stinkers--we've seen a pair the last two games, plus they were pretty bad against Minnesota for most of the game. I assume the team will snap out of it, but I definitely think we need to find another guy to score some goals. I'm not worried over a poor performance by either goalie really. They've both been fine and again, you're not going to be at your best every night. Dom's been the best goalie in the league for the last two months. Disappointing to lose, especially if he could've done something on either of those two goals at the end, but what're ya gonna do. Regroup, and get the Ducks tomorrow.

Wait a minute. You just said that we ONLY have 6 guys that score consistanly. How any teams have 6 consistant scorers? We lead the entire league in scoring and we have the #1 and #2 D-men in scoring.

Sorry but scoring is not a problem.

Guest Jeremy88

We got lucky to get the 1 point today...wings were better than they were against LA, but still, Toronto was clearly playing better than detroit was.

Please trade Franzen...he's beginning to look like Samuelsson...just shooting the puck at the goalie with no one screening.

For the record, I'm not anti-hasek or anti-osgood, I'm pretty much in the middle, but why say things like this??? The same can be said for over the top Hasek fans. Saying stuff like this only provokes people into starting a fight.

Did we lost because of Hasek? 2 deflection goals - what can you do with that??? Do you think that I'm happy with Zetterberg's TO that lead to the game winning DEFLECTION goal??? NO - but s*** happens... is it Zetterberg fault = NO, Lidstrom fault = NO, Hasek fault = NO... We win as a team or we die as a team... PERIOD!