• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PaulMorin88

Cleary: Out 6-8 Weeks w/Broken Jaw

Rate this topic

Guest Jeremy88

He got hit in the face with a shot from Samuelsson...he had to go to the hospital

Messed up his jaw. Not sure yet how bad it is or if he has to miss time.

I bet though, and this is just one dumb schmuck's opinion, no sources/links or whatever, that if he can play with the injury, he'll probably have to wear a full cage.

Guest Canadian Wings
Dan Cleary left Saturday's game in Toronto after being struck on the side of the face by a Mikael Samuelsson one-timer. Cleary suffered a "non-displaced fracture" of the jaw, according to coach Mike Babcock, who said that the Toronto medical staff examined him.

"I don't know exactly what that means," said Babcock. "I don't have a timeline or anything like that. We'll find out when we get back. Our doctors will have a better idea."

Guest CaliWingsNut

Yeah... I just saw the coach's corner too... but the big thing was I agree completely with the opening subject where he was talking about sending back a player (didn't catch the name) to the minors the day after both fighting for the team and getting a goal. (sorry for the derail)

Anyways... hopefully he's not out all season and can play w/ a mask, but with Babcock saying it looks like a double fracture...... "Babcock told me "it might be in two places" that there are fractures." - off Helene St. James blog

*edit* misquoted kenny as saying what babcock did.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

It was good to see Don Cherry talk about Cleary and wish him well on HNIC just now.

Ya I saw that too. Damn this sucks though. He is sucha warrior, after he left the game tonight, we only had Dats and Z up from. Franz, Sammy and Filp were doin s*** all.

Best of luck to CLeary, speedy recovery, we need you back.

TSN says 6 to 8 weeks...damn

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=229304&hubname=nhl

The Detroit Red Wings will be without forward Daniel Cleary for the next six to eight weeks, as the team learned that he will have surgery on a broken jaw suffered in Saturday's 3-2 overtime loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Cleary took a puck to the face during the first period and was taken for X-rays.

The 29-year-old winger has 20 goals and 40 points this season.