• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

2/10 GDT: Ducks 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

The way the wings have been playing since all star break has been dismal. Frankly I'm surprised we've won as many as we have, but they haven't looked like the team that's been playing since October.

Hopefully getting beat by two of the worst teams in the league will light a fire underneath the Wings and they'll come out flying tomorrow. Especially because they're without their top grinder now, for the next couple months.

The Wings played a good, physical game against Anaheim the last time they met. I hope they can rise to the occasion again and beat the thugs at their own game. It would be a nice time to break out of the current slump or whatever you'd like to call it.

Guest Canadian Wings

Back to back games on local cable T.V. here, how sweet.

Meh, i hope we win. But going into it i'm not expecting one.

Guest Crymson

The pessimism is already making me sick. Have faith.

Edited by Crymson

The pessimism is easy to understand in my opinion. Two straight blown-lead loses to two of the worst teams in the League right now. The Wings play the Ducks, who have won three straight, then play two Central Division foes, which have caused Wings problems this season. After that it's two more nemesis with Dallas and Colorado, which have been playing well lately. It's a tough row for the Wings. Then the Western Canada trip after that, and they wrap up the month with San Jose. Not to mention Kronwall and Cleary are out. Then if you personally think the Wings need to make a trade, well that day is coming up quick, and that could cause headaches. So yeah, it's a hard knock February for the Wings.

It's games like this when you find out what your made of. The Wings have been beat up and not played well. So, will they crumble?

I don't think so. The good teams find a way to win. I say Wings 3 Ducks 2.

I would like to have some faith but at the same time it is hard to see we suddenly turn around 180 degree just from yesterday. Things don't usually work that way no matter who you are and how the circumstance is.

well.. I won't predict the score since I don't want ounce of jinx be a burden on them :lol: I just hope they don't embarass themselves to whole world by tanking both CBC and NBC game.

If we lose, well, at least people will say we are not gonna win the cup so I guess that takes little bit of pressure off us ;)

With Cleary out that means Sammy will get more ice-time on a 2nd line. He scored yesterday on a fluke goal, which is fine and great, maybe he realizes that he doesn't need 10 shots a game to feel like he is doing his job, just go to the net, hit along the boards and skate hard. Thats all any fan wants from Sammy. I feel that if he has a good game, the Wings will have a good game. The Wings have been getting away with some wins lately until L.A. and T.O so I expect a good effort today, but the fact that it is an afternoon game following an afternoon game, maybe that effort won't be so good. It's a tough call as to who will win, I am not going to bash the Wings like other Wing fans, this is what they need, a wake up call that they can't steal wins every game.

Game goes to S/O that is all I can predict.

I would like to have some faith but at the same time it is hard to see we suddenly turn around 180 degree just from yesterday. Things don't usually work that way no matter who you are and how the circumstance is.

well.. I won't predict the score since I don't want ounce of jinx be a burden on them :lol: I just hope they don't embarass themselves to whole world by tanking both CBC and NBC game.

If we lose, well, at least people will say we are not gonna win the cup so I guess that takes little bit of pressure off us ;)

Put the gun down, it's not that bad. We lost 2 games in a row right before we won 8 in a row. Embarass themselves? Huh? You're crazy if you think that the Duckies are going to blow us out. They have only scored 14 goals in their last 9 games. That's only an average of 1.55 goals a game. It's either going to be a close game or the wings are going to win big if the Michelin man forgets to propely inflate his pads.

This game is going to be a major test for our guys. You can bet both teams are studying the tapes a lot for this one. I have no idea what to expect.

Detroit hasn't been playing great for the last 4 games or so. Basically since Kronwall got hurt. No Kronwall and no Cleary. This is like a pseudo-conference final game where some of our players have been hurt in previous series. Detroit is less rested, which I think is pretty lame.

This one's going to be huge.

Lets see,should I predict a 3-game losing streak or a win against the Ducks?

W,please.

And make it a "Wings won,'cause they wanted it more" kind of victory.

What time does this game start in your part of the world? These afternoon games are killers here in Australia. This one will start at about 6am I think, doubt I'll be listening.

Without Clearly we'll need to get offence out of Filppula, Hudler, Samuelsson and Franzen. Can't believe Huds was a healthy scratch last night, there's no way that should be happening. And replacing him with a grinder? Give me a break.

What time does this game start in your part of the world? These afternoon games are killers here in Australia. This one will start at about 6am I think, doubt I'll be listening.

Without Clearly we'll need to get offence out of Filppula, Hudler, Samuelsson and Franzen. Can't believe Huds was a healthy scratch last night, there's no way that should be happening. And replacing him with a grinder? Give me a break.

Well 1PM ET is 8PM in Finland.

So this 3.30 game starts 10.30PM here,so I kind of like the afternoon games.

6AM start is brutal,I've had my fair share of games that start 5.30AM

I agree,secondary scoring must step up - starting today.

After sweeping all three games in the New York area, the Anaheim Ducks continue their longest road trip in franchise history on Sunday when they face the NHL-leading Detroit Red Wings, whom they have not beaten at Joe Louis Arena in the regular season in almost six years.

Let's keep it that way. :thumbup:

Edited by FinRedWing