• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

2/10 GDT: Ducks 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

But to win back-to-back Cups, you need to:

A) Win back-to-back years (2009 doesn't come after 2007 :P)

B) Make the playoffs in that second year (Ducks are nowhere near a lock yet)

QFT.

I hope the standings:

A. Stay like they are. Ducks get the Sharks, we get the Preds.

B. Anahem goes on a 20 game losing streak and Burke has a stroke.

Guest DetroitBoy313
A) Win back-to-back years (2009 doesn't come after 2007 tongue.gif)

Ahahahahaha....Yeah sorry that's my fault.But whatever you guys know what I mean.

You missed the knucklepuck time Schneids delivered.

haaha too bad i missed that.

did they say how long clear is out?

Edited by Duck Guy

whew...heart rate finally starting to calm down after the scrap! Win for Mr Aaron Downey!!!! Funny considering the last post i read here after the 1st intermission was talking about how Downey was expendable because he didnt know when to fight.

I appreciate the stereotyping. The Red Wings aren't playing. There is an issue here that you apparently fail to see. Did you see the last couple of games? This isn't a slump. It's s***. There is no reason we should be unable to continue playing like we did at the beginning of the season.

How do you figure I fail to see the issue here? Did I ever neglect the fact that the Wings are struggling.

Here's the truth. The Wings haven't looked good the last 6 periods of hockey but their longest losing streak of the year is three games. Name another team out there that can best that. Every team goes through slumps, and the refs haven't helped this one.

It's true the Wings need to make some moves at the deadline, but it's beyond annoying when people are happy-go-lucky when the Wings are on 8-game win streaks like they were last week, and then doom-and-gloom when they lose a couple.

"You can't win them all" isn't an excuse.

But winning them all isn't realistic.

These commentators are terrible. One of them just said taht the Wings need to find better goaltending, because Hasek and Osgood just aren't good enough.

Erm...what? Two of the statistically best goalies in the league on one team "just aren't good enough?"

That's abuot the sixth utterly retarded statement I've heard someone make on this NBC broadcast.

Did that announcer just say the wings need to solidify their goaltending because he doesn't think their goaltending is good enough!? :blink:

well honestly, it can be off at times. Did you catch the end of last night's game?

missing grinding Cleary right now....:(

...and also missing Probie, Kocur, McCarty...I am F'n sick of see goalies getting run, crap behind the play, stick work...and relying on the refs to make the calls.....credit to Downie and Drake for their work...but we need a couple of more guys to stand up and start putting these guys into Row 3!!!

...and also missing Probie, Kocur, McCarty...I am F'n sick of see goalies getting run, crap behind the play, stick work...and relying on the refs to make the calls.....credit to Downie and Drake for their work...but we need a couple of more guys to stand up and start putting these guys into Row 3!!!

Yea....wouldn't mind Hossa right now either :D

gah just got home was afraid i was going to miss this one!!!

Your not missing anything, except your boy Schnieder scored. The wings freak'n suck. I'm caling it now...the losing streak has started! What is with all the ex-wings players scoring? When ever we play someone with an ex-wing they score (With the exception of Boyd yesterday in Toronto). We just look dead out there. The passing sticks, and no one goes to the net with the puck! What's up with that? I am really getting tired of seeing Zetterburg going around the back of the net instead of going to the front. 100% of the time he does it cause he wants the wrap around back hand shot, or to pass. What's with powering to the front? Is his back hurting that bad?

Oh, I hope Sammy and Hudler are gone before the deadline, and why were they starting the last power play? I would put the grind line in instead of these two. Hudler has a lot of heart, but he isn't big enough. You sneeze, and he's off the puck. Sammy he's just worthless.

And how was that 2nd goal not interfiering with the goalie? If that was a wing...then a penelty would have been called. Not to mention the non call after Pronger's tripping penelty. These refs stink tonight...as usual.

I think that the fight did spark the team a bit. And I love Downey because he will take on anyone not matter how much bigger they are. We need a couple more players just like him. Also Rafalski should not be allowed to play with anyone but Lidstrom, because he really needs Lids there to cover his mistakes.