• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

2/10 GDT: Ducks 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

I know my handle might get me flamed for the following, but here goes:

No use in crying over calls. They are made. It was said Holmstrom interfered with the goalie. Does that take the game away from the Wings? No, it doesn't. The fact that they were down 3-1 probably has much more of a factor in losing the game than in some call the refs made. The refs didn't score three goals.

It was 3-2 when the goal was taken back. Would have been 3-3. The refs took a point away.

Guest Crymson
I know my handle might get me flamed for the following, but here goes:

No use in crying over calls. They are made. It was said Holmstrom interfered with the goalie. Does that take the game away from the Wings? No, it doesn't. The fact that they were down 3-1 probably has much more of a factor in losing the game than in some call the refs made. The refs didn't score three goals.

Well, let's see:

2nd period: Kunitz roughs up Samuelsson in full view of the ref. Samuelsson gets the two. Kunitz goes on to completely interferes with Osgood in the crease, unfreezing a puck that should have been called and jolting Osgood in the process. The Ducks score.

Is that good enough to you?

There needs to be a rule like in the NFL where the coach can challenge a call - if they're right, good, if they're wrong, the team get a bench minor or something.

I agree with this 100% - I think it's a great rule cos it puts the focus on the refs to get the call right with the aid of video.

First off, that was a goal - anyone who denies that has clearly not watched a lot of hockey.

Second - what were the Ducks doing at the end? Two guys coming in and spear tackling Franzen? I thought Pronger was a big boy - he can take care of himself don't you think? They looked like fools.

We should be in O.T. right now, but thanks to the refs, the Ducks steal two points.

BUT, at least this is a real emotion builder for the Wings. 3 Game losing streaks aren't all bad when you are 30 games over .500. Look forward to seeing those guys again.

Homer was in the crease, and like it or not, it was Giggy's area of play.

If Giggy had butterflied a foot more towards the shot, then it would of been fine, but he was interfered with IN THE CREASE.

Giggy outplayed Ozzy.

Good game from both teams and the rivalry still hot.

Bottom Line: How can you be upset with the Wings after that show? Yeah, they got outplayed in the second but its pretty tough to be upset when the Wings truthfully tie the game, and the refs take it away. The final score should've been 3-2 Detroit, rather than the other way around. This is just one of those game where you can actually be upset with the refs and not the Wings.

What's fu##ing annoying is the inconsistent calling. Other refs have let goals like that count, I can

handle the loss but when the guys get ripped by the officals and not the opposing team it really sucks.

Still, hopefully we get them in the 1st round and knock the lucky ba##ards out fair and square.

What a waste of my f***ing time. I hate Anaheim so much. Giguere especially. He must have taken lessons from Hasek, because that was some of the best acting I've ever seen. <_<

At least the Downey vs. Parros fight was good... about the only positive from that game.

Ah screw the refs and the Ducks, we won that game. That disallowed goal was total b.s. (to put it nicely), I hope the league looks at it and speaks the officiating crew for making such a bad call. Atleast they can go upstairs and ask for help to get it right, that's what they are there for. I was very disappointed they didn't.

That's all I have to say. We outplayed the Ducks over all. I loved the emotion by the players and the fans, how this rivarly is continuing to build, and can't wait to play them in the playoffs!

Edited by Barrie

Homer was in the crease, and like it or not, it was Giggy's area of play.

If Giggy had butterflied a foot more towards the shot, then it would of been fine, but he was interfered with IN THE CREASE.

Giggy outplayed Ozzy.

Good game from both teams and the rivalry still hot.

congrats you are the biggest dumbass of the day :thumbup:

One of the other posters had a good point. If the Wings had played well during the whole game, that bad call wouldn't have mattered.

Yeahh but you can "what if" all you want and obviously the game would've been different. The FACTS are that clearly there was no interference and the puck was in the net. Period.

Only thing im sad about, is that this is the last time we meet eachother this season :(

hopefully 1v8 in playoffs = Ducks and Wings.

I love the ducks for 1 reason, They bring out the best in the wings.. Its great.

I cant complain about the loss. It was entertaining.

Ummm..the missed calls lead to 2 goals...You take away the bad officiating, the Wings won 3-1. They looked like crap in the 2nd, but it's kinda demoralizing when the other team can run your goalie with no repercussions.