• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
auxlepli

To hell with Dan O'Halloran

Rate this topic

I am not impressed with Mr. O'Halloran's officiating.

I believe there's something in that quote about "you and your whole fam damily can go buck a fuffalo". It's been a long time since I rattled off the whole thing.

So i didn't get to see the end of the game. Did Homer actually touch giguere, or was it one of his other 19 phantom plays.

Give me the scoop.

homer moving from side to side outside the crease...michelin man comes out to make himself big and he runs into homer, he doesnt even seem to move or fall when he hits homer he just guesses where the puck is and tries to save it but cant

Unless Dan got paid a good amount to blow that call - I'm sure it's going to eat at him enough. If any of you out there think these Refs don't know after a game that they made a bad call, you're dead wrong.

Regardless - as pissed as I am, I'm just trying to look at it this way - we're still the #1 team in the NHL and the Ducks aren't. Had the Wings been on top of their game, they win, hands down. We can beat the Ducks and will when we see them. And hopefully by then, D-Mac will be out there to expand that valley between Pronger's teeth

WTF IS THAT? Wow, I missed the thrid, but this is complete and utter ******* bulls***. Holland better phone up the NHL and tell them there officials are ******* mopes who wouldnt know hockeyif it hit them square in the face.

Haha, nice to see Franzen go after that s*** head, ******* Ducks. Ed Olycky is an idiot, "coming to the defence of there Captain" a 6'6 canadian cant handle Franzen???? ******* *****.

Unless Dan got paid a good amount to blow that call - I'm sure it's going to eat at him enough. If any of you out there think these Refs don't know after a game that they made a bad call, you're dead wrong.

You're obviously right but after watching that again, I'm steaming! :ranting:

This is one time I woulda loved to see Babs throw a bench out on the ice. Who cares about a fine or game suspension...it would have shown some passion.

The refs today AND yesterday were a joke. What is going on in the league anyways? Why are refs putting their whistles away now? I mean, i'm fine with it, i like it a bit better now than when they were calling everything in the book, but it is still not consistent. Teams like the wings who built for a game where they call all the clutching and grabbing are going to get hurt in the playoffs because the way the games are being called now is changing. I wish they'd just be consistent, one way or the other, so teams can build appropriately for it.

Good thing the wings picked up some grit and enforcement. I wish someone would beat Pronger's ass as well. Can't stand him.

Edited by Firehawk

So i didn't get to see the end of the game. Did Homer actually touch giguere, or was it one of his other 19 phantom plays.

Give me the scoop.

It was close. Had Homer shaved his legs before the game, there wouldn't have been contact, although this would not have changed the call.

Before people throw :tomato: at me, my ONLY defense for the guy is that I have officiated sporting events at high levels in basketball and soccer. Definitely not professional, just college league stuff so not even NCAA, but still, you have a lot of guys who were athletes in high school etc. etc. My ONLY defense for him is that it's pretty hard to see all the nooks and crannies of a game in any sport when you are right on the playing surface in the middle of all the action. I certainly made my share of bad calls when I was a referee years and years ago. It's a lot easier to see the stuff going on when you are in the stands I think.

So, at the very least just try to understand it from the officials' side.

Nevertheless he made a BAD call at the end there, and I hope he realizes he goofed up bigtime.

The only saving grace I see here is that Homer's left foot was in the blue when contact was made. That is the goaltenders territory, and Jiggy has every right to be anywhere in that paint without interference. That being said, I still think it's a poor call. The slight contact made had nothing to do with the puck going into the net.

Before people throw :tomato: at me, my ONLY defense for the guy is that I have officiated sporting events at high levels in basketball and soccer. Definitely not professional, just college league stuff so not even NCAA, but still, you have a lot of guys who were athletes in high school etc. etc. My ONLY defense for him is that it's pretty hard to see all the nooks and crannies of a game in any sport when you are right on the playing surface in the middle of all the action. I certainly made my share of bad calls when I was a referee years and years ago. It's a lot easier to see the stuff going on when you are in the stands I think.

Nevertheless he made a BAD call at the end there, and I hope he realizes he goofed up bigtime.

i get that refs cant see everything, but if you aren't sure, dont make any call at all and go upstairs to review it instead of assuming something happened just because homer was there. take the time and make the right call instead of making the wrong one without all the information

My ONLY defense for him is that it's pretty hard to see all the nooks and crannies of a game in any sport when you are right on the playing surface in the middle of all the action. I certainly made my share of bad calls when I was a referee years and years ago. It's a lot easier to see the stuff going on when you are in the stands I think.

I was in the stands... and I appreciate what you're saying.... BUT, I've done a little bit of officiating in my life too and I know that when the outcome of the game will be affected by your call you need to make damn sure that you've got indisputable evidence of the foul before you make the call.

Exactly, he probably couldnt have seen the play very well. But when you dont see the play, you cant call the goal off because you DIDNT SEE IT HAPPEN!!

I couldnt watch the game because i had to work, but now i am so pissed!!

Just another phantom holmstrom call... ******* bulls***

They get paid for this s*** so get it right

No doubt about it, I initially didn't even think about the fact that there was very little discussion on reviewing the "interference". Esp. around the end of a game, you absolutely make sure to dot your lower case j's on such instances, with time left on the clock, etc.

I made this point in the Double Standard thread as well in regards to this situation. Again I don't think it should have been called, but in the end if you are going to call it, fine, but go all out in calling it. If Holmstrom "interfered", give him a minor penalty. No ticky tacky stuff where he interfered enough to disallow a goal, but not enough to get 2:00.

Perhaps though the issue more is that his skate was barely in the crease. Who knows...

I don't think it is the ref's fualt he made a bad call, awful call. My complaint is not some blind duesch tool, but that the NHL does not have some kind action for this. The can review a goal to see if it is no good but they can't review a no goal call to see if it was a goal. That is what is crappy about the game, an average fan would not understand why that goal was taken away. Hell I am an avid fan and I have no idea besides that the ref's hate Homer...