• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mudvayneowns91

Ryan Shannon

Rate this topic

Ah, Detroit fans and Chicago fans unite!

Based on the current rules, both should have been goals. And both calls when against both of our teams.

Concerning Shannon's goal, I'd rather the league is consistent about a s***ty rule than inconsistent about a good one. It's easier to fix a bad rule than bad officiating.

Nah, it should be a pretty easy call. Khabibulin tried for the poke check and missed, Shannon spinned away, lost his footing and fell into Khabibulin.

Whether Shannon purposely made contact or not is irrelevant.

I agree that Khabibulin misses the poke check like you said. The result is that his arm goes into Shannon while he's spinning around (and seemingly out of the crease) which could have definitely been the reason why Shannon loses his footing. If that's true and Khabibulin's arm does knock down Shannon, why shouldn't the goal count? That's just the way I see it.

that goal was ***

Glad to see that some people are using all of their intellect.

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

it's bulls*** that counted, just doing the spinarama is backwards progress, and he makes contact with bulin and clearly hinders his ability to stop the shot.

I think that forward motion rule was modified in that the player has to continue moving (i.e. can't just skate in a stop, wait for an opening and shoot).

However, even if the forward motion of the puck rule still existed, if you watch the puck, it's moving towards the net the whole time.

I agree that Khabibulin misses the poke check like you said. The result is that his arm goes into Shannon while he's spinning around (and seemingly out of the crease) which could have definitely been the reason why Shannon loses his footing. If that's true and Khabibulin's arm does knock down Shannon, why shouldn't the goal count? That's just the way I see it.

I understand, but I think it is pretty clear that Shannon falls down without being touched by Khabibulin. I think the poke check misses him entirely.

Some one needed to tell Khabbi where to shove it... I thought that was pretty funny when he yelled back after the cheap shot.

Shannon should have just dropped the gloves and broke khabbi's head... but that just my view on it :lol:

i work in the vancouver sports media and i was at this game. i managed to take the elevator from the press box to the dressing rooms at the same time as dale tallon and boy was he upset. he was on the phone to who i assume was someone at the NHL war room in toronto and he was just livid. profanities abound. i should have taped it!

PS ryan shannon is about 5'6" maybe smaller

PPS the official NHL rulebook also states that the spinorama move is legal in shootouts. i believe it actually says "spinorama" in the book.

i work in the vancouver sports media and i was at this game. i managed to take the elevator from the press box to the dressing rooms at the same time as dale tallon and boy was he upset. he was on the phone to who i assume was someone at the NHL war room in toronto and he was just livid. profanities abound. i should have taped it!

PPS the official NHL rulebook also states that the spinorama move is legal in shootouts. i believe it actually says "spinorama" in the book.

Who do you work for, Vancouver sun?

Haha, and that's putting it generously.

The NHL, or the respective teams, seem to be afraid of revealing a players true height anymore. Shannon is not 5'10, like I've seen some sites list him as. Neither is the Wings own Jiri Hudler, who is often listed as 5'9, but in reality, looks like he's about 5'5. He's extremely tiny in comparison to even other small players.

I think the actual smallest guy listed in the NHL is Brian Gionta at 5'7, but some guys (Shannon, Hudler, Chris Conner) all look even smaller than that.

The NHL, or the respective teams, seem to be afraid of revealing a players true height anymore. Shannon is not 5'10, like I've seen some sites list him as. Neither is the Wings own Jiri Hudler, who is often listed as 5'9, but in reality, looks like he's about 5'5. He's extremely tiny in comparison to even other small players.

I think the actual smallest guy listed in the NHL is Brian Gionta at 5'7, but some guys (Shannon, Hudler, Chris Conner) all look even smaller than that.

ive always wondered why they do that. like if they actually admit how tall he is he would immediately lose all skill. makes you wonder how tall fleury actually was. I am 6 feet even and i could see the top of ryan shannons head. he was at least 6 inches smaller than me.

I don't have time to look it up but how tall his Chrissy listed as? 5'7" with skates on was how i remember him at best, granted he was young but he doesn't appear to have grown all that much, just bulked up. Then again Ryan Kesler was also uber short then all of the sudden he got to around 6" in real life. The NHL stretches you.