Sign in to follow this  
96Homer

2/12 GDT: Predators 4, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Coach Mike Babcock said that Chris Osgood will start again in the Red Wings'
next game, Friday, at Joe Louie Arena.
according to Red Wings Corner

Game Notes

After a red-hot start this season, Red Wings goaltender Chris Osgood is slumping. He was pulled in Tuesday's 4-2 loss in Nashville, after allowing three goals on four shots less than nine minutes in the game.

Teammates and coach Mike Babcock agreed that Osgood couldn't be blamed for any of the goals, as the team had bad defensive breakdowns that allowed Nashville players easy access to the net. But Osgood clearly hasn't been as sharp since he signed a three-year contract extension on Jan. 9. He has lost three games in a row and is 3-4-1 with a 3.56 goals-against average and .870 save percentage during his last eight starts, during which he was pulled twice.

Still, Babcock said he will stick with Osgood for Friday's game against Columbus. The only other alternative was to start prospect Jimmy Howard, who was recalled from AHL affiliate Grand Rapids on Monday to replace Dominik Hasek, who's day-to-day with an inflamed hip flexor.

Babcock's plan was to ditch his goalie rotation and play Hasek in the majority of games over the final quarter of the season to get him ready for the playoffs. But that all depends on Hasek's health.

Osgood, meanwhile, must regain the form that made him an All-Star after a 19-2-1 start this season.

Predators 4, Red Wings 2: Once again, a slow start doomed the Red Wings. They dominated the last 2 1/2 periods territorially but couldn't erase an early 3-0 deficit. Defense was the main problem. Too often, their defensemen drifted away from the play or allowed forwards to beat them with speed. Brian Rafalski has struggled when he's not paired with Nicklas Lidstrom. And the team misses its third-best defenseman, Niklas Kronwall, who's out another two weeks with a sprained clavicle. The Wings battled back to make a game of it in the second period, getting power-play goals from Johan Franzen and Pavel Datsyuk. But they haven't been sharp at even strength the last two games, failing to score any five-on-five goals.

Notes, Quotes

• Jimmy Howard replaced Chris Osgood in goal at 8:49 of the first period and proceeded to stop 18 of 19 shots he faced in his first NHL appearance since Dec. 13, 2005.

• The Red Wings, for some odd reason, continue to struggle against Central Division foes (7-8-2) while dominating the rest of the league (34-5-3).

Quote To Note: "We spent the whole night battling back and working hard and doing all that stuff for naught because we weren't ready to go at the start. We take a lot of pride as a coaching staff and as a team in being prepared, and tonight we didn't get the job done because we weren't very good." -- Red Wings coach Mike Babcock
Team Report from Yahoo Edited by 96Homer

great GDT 96Homer. Saved me the trouble of having to go to the redwings site to look for a time and station, to see if i would be watching the game in between working tonight or not. Wings lets PLEASE take the energy from the third period on sunday and play a full 60 minute game tonight. There will be no more losing 3 in a row. No prediction, just GO WINGS!!!

Gee, how lucky is it that Toots is injured when we'll have Downey on the ice.

Wings - 6

Preds - 0

Goals: Homer, Homer, Homer, Homer, Homer, and f***in' Homer. All of them just outside the crease *******!!

Cheers!

esteef

hahahahahah i ust busted out laughing. thats awesome..good one esteef :D

wings got this one 4-2

What is this? Red Wings? Predators?

oh there must be a hockey game tonight!!!!

Erat should be back. But how effective will he be? Also Dumont is having pain when he takes deep breaths.

Raining right now, temperature dropping. They're calling for Snow/Ice later tonight, two tuesday games in a row with terrible weather.

I expect a boring Wings victory tonight. Preds blew up the Yotes on sunday, but they have been battling Flu for the last two weeks and a number of small injuries. I imagine that getting home from a weekend roadie, they'll come out slow, manage to keep the game interesting but never be able to overcome and force anything tonight.

Wings - 4 (maybe 5 into an empty net)

Preds - 2

For some reason, Radulov, Arnott, and Dumont all look alike in those pics...Anyways, won't be able to watch this one tonight due to class, but I'll be taking advantage of the wireless internet avaliability in my lecture hall to keep track of the game. In Red Wing fashion this year, they will follow a short losing streak with a long win streak starting tonight.

Wings 5 Preds 2

What is this? Red Wings? Predators?

oh there must be a hockey game tonight!!!!

Erat should be back. But how effective will he be? Also Dumont is having pain when he takes deep breaths.

Raining right now, temperature dropping. They're calling for Snow/Ice later tonight, two tuesday games in a row with terrible weather.

I expect a boring Wings victory tonight. Preds blew up the Yotes on sunday, but they have been battling Flu for the last two weeks and a number of small injuries. I imagine that getting home from a weekend roadie, they'll come out slow, manage to keep the game interesting but never be able to overcome and force anything tonight.

Wings - 4 (maybe 5 into an empty net)

Preds - 2

Hey, L11! you got bad weather there, huh? Ice and snow, never a good thing in the South.

I enjoyed watching Wayne pop a vein when the Preds came back and trounced the Yotes. Wayner says Brylgalov has to "get better and take responsibility" :rolleyes: whatever...

Best of luck tonight, but I think the Wings will come out with a good effort v. the Preds.

Stay warm, and safe!

Dan O'Halloran called. A Wings goal has already been discounted because Holmstrom was in the crease. I don't know what the final score will be, but as it stands now it's Wings -1, Predators 0.

Edited by auxlepli

Homer is pissed. Expect him around the crease CONSTANTLY. I mean, even during a face-off.

Wings 4 (Homer x2, Z, Kopper)

Preds 1 (who cares)

HAHAHA I just died laughing :clap:

I am so excited to see how the wings respond after a s***ty weekend. expect a lot of hitting and some scoring from the wings as they try to get back on track. even in their 8 game win streak, they werent quite clicking, but I think this past weekend was rock bottom and theres no where to go but up

Is there a site that you can go and find out who is in goal for the upcoming game???

Idk but Hasek is day-to-day so it's safe to assume Osgood will be in goal tonight Howard was just called up doubt they would put him there first game up