• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
babygorilla

Trade deadline in 2 weeks. Your one winger, and D.

Rate this topic

Who do you take. Make the trade for the big winger and a serviceable D'man. Or go for the solid D'man and pick up a 3rd line plug and play winger. Let me know what you think with the possible million name combonations.

minus out sammy,kopecky,meech this years first pick

for hossa

call up Markov from russia and bring him over

trade 3rd pick for LaPointe

ritola and 09 2nd for Ryder

WHAT!

a guy can dream

i know....NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!

honestly I think we should keep Fillpula and use Hudler for a trade I see Fillpula being a better player for us down the road that and he played really well for us in the playoffs last year.

Meech + 2nd for Blake.

Samuelsson for Fedorov.

Dats - Zeta - Homer

Flip - Fedex - Cleary

Huds - Franz - Kopecky

Drake - Drapes - Malts

(Ellis, Downey)

Lidas - Raffy

Kronner - Blake

Lilja - Chelly

(Lebda)

Hasek

Ozzie

Winger: Jared Boll and/or Jeremy Roenick

Defense: Sergei Fedorov

who do i trade? Some scrubs, waterbottles and game used puck.

One swift move... Koppa, sammy and Lil' Ja for Fedorov and Boll

Edited by OsGOD

Since we're just wishing upon a star here I'll toss in my 2 guys: Olli Jokinen and Brendan Witt. Olli has speed, size, grit, can score, drops the gloves, and plays with heart and passion. Brendan Witt is pure nails. Plays hard, hits harder, and is another guy who'll drop the gloves for his team. I'd like to see both those guys signed/extended beyond this season, no rental scenario here.

Who would I be willing to give up? Tough call given that both guys will require some sacrifices. Meech, Quincey, Ellis, Drake, and Sammy are the first names that come to mind. Doubt anyone would want Drake, though Meech and Quincey might be an attractive option for a team looking to improve their mobility at the blue line. Ellis plays hard, but hasn't impressed enough to earn a regular roster spot. He's dropped to 14th behind Aaron Downey.

I know many folks (including Coach Babcock) are big on Sammy. I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's just rubbed me the wrong way a few too many times. It's an attitude based on principle kind of thing with me. I hate the way he shot the puck at the Ducks goalie after the whistle last year, and I hate the way he talks smack after the play but doesn't back it up.

I would be hard pressed to give up Hudler or Flipper since both guys have developed well this season. Given Olli's nationality I'd likely give up Happy Hudler before giving up Flipper.

Ericsson is untouchable. Howard is untouchable.

In short: Olli Jokinen and Brendan Witt. Memo to Kenny: do it. :ph34r:

Pete

In short: Olli Jokinen and Brendan Witt. Memo to Kenny: do it. :ph34r:

Pete

He is difinitely going to come with mucho baggage now... not sure he will be able to shake what happened the other night because of his skate blade. :(

ergo... not a good fit

He is difinitely going to come with mucho baggage now... not sure he will be able to shake what happened the other night because of his skate blade. :(

ergo... not a good fit

I respectfully disagree. In fact, a change of scenery might be just what he needs. Danny Heatley seems to be doing just fine in Ottawa.

I respectfully disagree. In fact, a change of scenery might be just what he needs. Danny Heatley seems to be doing just fine in Ottawa.

But didn't Dany have a bit of time to cool off from the inital shock. I guess maybe not, but this seems like its affecting the entire team really hard (for obvious reasons) and being the one whom actually did it, accident or not, just seems like it may affect him. Hopefully not, it would be even worse to lose to good athletes in the league.

How about Commodore and Stillman? Oh wait ... seems like they are in another red jersey :rolleyes:

I´d take Guerin. He´s doing pretty well in Long Island and might be intersted in winnig a cup again before he´s done. Shouldn´t cost too much... maybe they can include Witt so we can start to protect our goalies.

I'm still shocked at how much people over-value our players. People need to realize that it isn't so much what Hossa, Sundin, Blake, etc. are worth as much as it's about how much other teams are willing to give up for those guys. Which is a hell of a lot more than we are/have.

Edited by WhiteLightning91

I'm still shocked at how much people over-value our players. People need to realize that it isn't so much what Hossa, Sundin, Blake, etc. are worth as much as it's about how much other teams are willing to give up for those guys. Which is a hell of a lot more than we are/have.

Oh no, i laugh at it all the time....

I want some superstars BUT i don't want to give up s*** to give them....

echos, "I hate sammy he sucks... sammy is a waste of space"

hey i have an unbelievable idea for a trade!!! Sammy and 2nd rounder for Hossa or Sundin.

I giggle a lot on here... actually most of the time I am giggling.