• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
luvmnger

buffalo moving cambell and kotalik?

Rate this topic

BUFFALO NEWS: Bucky Gleason suggests the Sabres have the chips to retool their roster, and believes they should trade Campbell now to capitalize on his increased trade value, believing Campbell could land a first round pick or a top prospect or perhaps both. Gleason also writes Campbell might not be the only player the Sabres are shopping, suggesting Maxim Afinogenov, Tim Connolly, Ales Kotalik and Dmitri Kalinin could net strong returns, and feel the Sabres should shop Campbell and one of the other four.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Hat tip to "Steve" for the Gleason link. Publicly the Sabres management claims they hope to re-sign Campbell, and it's possible they could do that and perhaps shop one or two of those other players Gleason listed. It'll be interesting to see how they play this by the deadline.

what do you guys think abou this situation.

hypothetically, of course, i would give campbell and kotalik a look for that price.

still doesnt give us the bruiser at the blueline.....but i think its better than blake.

campbell reminds me of kronwall with more skill offensively

Campbell is definitely on my wish list for this year's deadline. With Markov not in the lineup this year, I believe we lost out on some toughness on the blueline. Kronwall is decent and all, but I really think Campbell can come in and add some of that grit we so desperately need.

Edited by ProfessorLidstrom5

Campbell is NOT what we need. The guy is not nearly as reliable as he should be defensively. Sure hes got Mathieu Schneider type offensive skill, but its rare that he uses the body (that hit is much more an exception than a rule) and his D just isnt there. Hed be a liability, IMO, and his offensive game is way too similar to Kronwall/Raffi/Lids to justify getting him. If we get another offensive Dman, he needs to have a physical edge. Not to mention he wants 6M in the off season...

As for Kotalik...god no.

Campbell? No, To much to give up for not enough of a return. Price tag will be to high

Kotalik? Maybe, We need a forward, He isnt the right fit. Not to mention he has a history of Knee injuries.

i would love to have cambell, i would give up a 1st + meech or quincey

Heh- I doubt you'd get Cambell for a 1st, Meech AND Quincey. Meech isn't a high-end prospect, and you can bet Cambell will attract one of those from a crappy club that has contract room for him and a farm for sale. :angry:

Guest Crymson
BUFFALO NEWS: Bucky Gleason suggests the Sabres have the chips to retool their roster, and believes they should trade Campbell now to capitalize on his increased trade value, believing Campbell could land a first round pick or a top prospect or perhaps both. Gleason also writes Campbell might not be the only player the Sabres are shopping, suggesting Maxim Afinogenov, Tim Connolly, Ales Kotalik and Dmitri Kalinin could net strong returns, and feel the Sabres should shop Campbell and one of the other four.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Hat tip to "Steve" for the Gleason link. Publicly the Sabres management claims they hope to re-sign Campbell, and it's possible they could do that and perhaps shop one or two of those other players Gleason listed. It'll be interesting to see how they play this by the deadline.

hypothetically, of course, i would give campbell and kotalik a look for that price.

still doesnt give us the bruiser at the blueline.....but i think its better than blake.

Buffalo's asking price, per an official article a week or so back, is the same as LA wants for Blake: A roster player, a prospect, and a 1st.

Guest Crymson
i would love to have cambell, i would give up a 1st + meech or quincey

There's not a chance in hell that that'd be enough.

So sorry, but deadline deals actually require us to give up players who have POTENTIAL.

There's not a chance in hell that that'd be enough.

So sorry, but deadline deals actually require us to give up players who have POTENTIAL.

While i do agree, i just found it weird that you claimed Meech actually has potential in another thread only 3 minutes earlier!

Meech is up because of Quincey because Meech can no longer be sent down to GR without clearing waivers. The kid DOES have potential. He's fast, he's aggressive, and he has offensive flair. Give him time. It's surely better to see than to lose him via waivers---and another team WOULD pick him up.

Guest Canadian Wings

Campbell is over rated. He's good but not a top tear defencemen in the NHL. The money that he is looking for is not worth it at all.

Kotalik is like everyone already on the Wings, he doesn't know how to shoot the puck.