• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsFanatic

Chris Osgood to start Friday vs. Columbus

Rate this topic

good.

this team needs a win, and ozzie can do it.

those 3 goals were not totally his fault, defense broke down, and ozzie was left out to try. lookin forward to see the team as a whole rebound friday night!

Osgood has lost three games in a row and is 3-4-1 with a 3.56 goals-against average and .870 save percentage during his past eight starts, during which he was pulled twice.

If hasek goes down in the playoffs were toast. Osgood needs to know how to bounce back from a bad game. But then again he is a backup :)

^^ :lol: right...

To each their own... i didn't see the d-men miss ANY of their coverage responsibilities... in doing so i would have to take a poke at Lids and that is taboo.

Maybe we should upgrade our entire team at the deadline so we don't have to RISE and FALL with 1 out 6 positions on the ice... how do you like dem apples?

Edited by OsGOD

Awesome.

You know why Ozzie is starting? Because he's a TOP NOTCH GOALIE! ;)

lol, too many Ozzie fans on this board. Honestly, I'm a huge Wings fan, been one for longer then your probably old, but Ozzie is not as good as our team makes him out to be.

He's played for Detroit the majority of his career and that's reflected in his stats. Put him in a Leaf uniform and he's just like Raycroft, good with a half decent team in front of him, minor league material with a sub-par team.

ps. Howard should start Friday, Osgood needs to ride the bench and remember where he belongs. The only reason Osgood is starting is because Hasek is injured.

lol, too many Ozzie fans on this board. Honestly, I'm a huge Wings fan, been one for longer then your probably old, but Ozzie is not as good as our team makes him out to be.

He's played for Detroit the majority of his career and that's reflected in his stats. Put him in a Leaf uniform and he's just like Raycroft, good with a half decent team in front of him, minor league material with a sub-par team.

ps. Howard should start Friday, Osgood needs to ride the bench and remember where he belongs. The only reason Osgood is starting is because Hasek is injured.

I agree but it shouldn't happen until he falls out of the top 10 in stats. Maybe after his 10th loss this season it might work. You do realize Hasek lost recently also?

The entire team is missing their coverage responsiblity.... technically we shouldn't even put a team out on the ice because we don't have any starters on our team right now... they are all playing like 2nd best athletes

I agree but it shouldn't happen until he falls out of the top 10 in stats. Maybe after his 10th loss this season it might work. You do realize Hasek lost recently also?

The entire team is missing their coverage responsiblity.... technically we shouldn't even put a team out on the ice because we don't have any starters on our team right now... they are all playing like 2nd best athletes

It won't happen, wings are too solid for Osgood to keep on his bad streak. The players will pickup it up and Average Ozzie will be good enough to get some W's again thanks to the low frequency of scoring chances we'll give up.

How could I miss Hasek's recent performance, those were some memorable snow angels in Toronto. He's great during the clutch in the playoffs, let's hope he stays healthy, but I'd feel better with a Top Notch Goalie.

You can't fault him much for what happened last night. Just a team disaster. That said, he didn't help bail them out either but all things considered, it's not enough to warrant him not starting. If anything it's all the more reason to have him start.

It won't happen, wings are too solid for Osgood to keep on his bad streak. The players will pickup it up and Average Ozzie will be good enough to get some W's again thanks to the low frequency of scoring chances we'll give up.

How could I miss Hasek's recent performance, those were some memorable snow angels in Toronto. He's great during the clutch in the playoffs, let's hope he stays healthy, but I'd feel better with a Top Notch Goalie.

topnotch-1.jpg

EDIT: Don't everybody rush to compliment me on my Paint skillz.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

It makes sense to start Ozzie, after the way the D played in front of him last night they owe him a good game. The theme song to the first 8 minutes of last nights game, Hang Me Up To Dry by the Cold War Kids. Hopefully that will change to Another Brick In The Wall come Friday.