• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zaxx

Prospal?

Rate this topic

Well with the trade deadline nearing every player who is on the fringe with their coach/team has their name thrown into the ring for potential trades. TSN reports that Prospal was already being shopped around and then said some things to anger the coach. Now the expectation is that he will be traded if for no other reason then to get him away from Tampa.

So what is he worth? Would he fit in as the second line scoring we need for a playoff run? Just thought I would share.

I think he would fit in well with the wings (puck posession, speed), his salary is fair (1.9 mill) so we may even have a shot at keeping him through next year. He is on pace for 30 od goals this year... would he be too expensive (in terms of players to give up) for he Wings?

TSN Article: http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/mckenzie/?id=229581

Also sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere, so many people could be traded that it is hard to keep track of what has been discussed.

Lastly Youtube Link of his post game interview that has made TB upset:

I'm not crazy about him. IMO he's a little past his prime, and alot of his production is a result of having Lecavalier and St. Louis on his line. I don't know if you can trust him to anchor a second scoring line.

Well with the trade deadline nearing every player who is on the fringe with their coach/team has their name thrown into the ring for potential trades. TSN reports that Prospal was already being shopped around and then said some things to anger the coach. Now the expectation is that he will be traded if for no other reason then to get him away from Tampa.

So what is he worth? Would he fit in as the second line scoring we need for a playoff run? Just thought I would share.

I think he would fit in well with the wings (puck posession, speed), his salary is fair (1.9 mill) so we may even have a shot at keeping him through next year. He is on pace for 30 od goals this year... would he be too expensive (in terms of players to give up) for he Wings?

TSN Article: http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/mckenzie/?id=229581

Also sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere, so many people could be traded that it is hard to keep track of what has been discussed.

Lastly Youtube Link of his post game interview that has made TB upset:

I think he is worth looking into acquiring.

But man, that interview, hilarious!

I agree; dunno how well he'd do with Filppula centering him :unsure:

Me thinks a savy veteran center would be needed to get the most outta Prospal.

Would it make sense to go Flip Dats Prospal

Homer Z huds

or some version of that

as opposed to Huds Flip Prospal

I'm not crazy about him. IMO he's a little past his prime, and alot of his production is a result of having Lecavalier and St. Louis on his line. I don't know if you can trust him to anchor a second scoring line.

Yes, he has gotten alot of points from being alongside Lecavalier, but when Vinny L. stopped playing a couple weeks ago, Prospal was still putting up numbers. I also believe he was put on the second line, and was producing there, also.

We have an excess of playmakers, and not enough shooters. This guy clearly can shoot, so lets pick him up for cheap (probably the most efficient trade for us out there), and put him on a line with a couple playmakers. He'll fit right in.

Also: did anyone see the celebration at the end of that video? Aren't there alot of people on these boards that want that kind of energy and personality on the team? I could be wrong, but I think i remember reading a couple things relating to that recently

Edited by Echolalia

I do wonder if his latest outburst will force TB to let him go cheaper than they might have previously. They might be in a hurry to get rid of what they perceive to be a bad apple.

:thumbup: - didn't think of that; maybe Hudler/Dats/Vinny P, then Flip/Hank/Homer?

These lines would make more sense - geographically speaking (Eastern Europe, & Scandinavia) :lol:

Yeah everyonce in a while I make sense, it is like playing Russian Roulette, most of my ideas are empty and void of meaning and then about 1 out of every 6 BANG!!!!

Gotta give a :thumbup: to this deal. Prospal is one of the few players we have enough talent to land.

TB: Cory Emmerton, 3rd in 2008, 2nd in 2009

Det: Vaclav Prospal

No Emmerton, Just picks Or Just Emmerton and the 3rd.

BTW, What did he just get saying? something about shoving something in someones but?

Guest Canadian Wings
No Emmerton, Just picks Or Just Emmerton and the 3rd.

BTW, What did he just get saying? something about shoving something in someones but?

shoving his stick up his coaches ass fr taking him off the 1st line for a few games. lol

agreed that, while a pretty good player, prospal is made better by those around him rather than making those around him better. (which is still something; some people aren't good no matter who you put them with, and prospal can clearly rise to the occasion.) i like the idea of him with dats and fill and then putting jiri or franzen / sammy depending on the situation with homer and z. you'll probably see z's scoring go down a bit, but the team's overall scoring go up quite a bit.

and to the person who suggested that there's a feeling that the wings could use some more passion guys: i couldn't agree more. i've actually been impressed with dats' improvment over the last year: i remember him getting chippy in the playoffs a few times last year and it was the first time i remember him getting pissed. we have great players like lids and dats who have amazing skill and a good work ethic but don't display that much passion. i'd love a guy who can score / make plays (at least to a reasonable degree) and get really fired up. the wings clearly have the skill -- what they lack sometimes is the passion.

plus, his what, 1.9 mill has only got to be like...800,000k now? i don't know. but that would still give us a few mil to land a d-man if possible, which i like. plus, it's a good trade for prospal and TB -- out of conference contender.

now, because i like this trade so much, you know it won't happen.

Like you guys say - we need some quality finishers. Prospal together with Dats would probably be a good fit and make it possible for Detroit to balance out the lines. I liked the suggestions I saw. If Prospal is really unhappy with his situation then we'll likely see a trade, remains to be seen if it'll be to Detroit. A lot of other teams would probably be ok with getting the guy if other bigger name players are traded first. Might be an idea to try to get him quickly?

Guest Crymson

Two things:

1) You WANT a proven bad apple on this team?

2) Why would they trade a scorer in exchange for spotty players like Hudler and Samuelsson, and in doing so INCREASE their cap hit to boot?

Sheesh.

I would love to get Prospal. Would give us another scorer and much depth offensivly. Im just afraid about the price. He will for sure be cheaper than Sundin or Hossa, but as Holland really wants to get a decent Defensemen, we wont have enaugh assets left to give up.

I dont really know what we r willing to give away. The only roster player I can think of is Meech as we have enaugh talents defensivly and I think Quincey and Ericsson r much more talented.

After we gave up Matthias last year I cant imagine we would also give away Emmerton. Furthermore I wouldnt like to see Mursak or Abelkinder being traded away.

This swedish goaltender Larssson is doing quite well and might be an interesting return for some teams. We got Howard and could afford losing a prospect goalie.

Holland mentioned several times that draft picks become more important as you need cheap players in a salary cap world and that you get this players from the draft. So I wont be surprised if we try to keep one of our top picks.

Anyways, I think a Top 6 forward is more important than another quality defensemen. Quincey prooved that he is NHL and Playoff ready last year. Another depth defensemen who we got for a low pick would be ok

Prospal would be a great fit on the Wings. He's a solid two-way player that can play on just about any line and chip in 20-30 goals. He's shown that he can be a playoff-type guy, too; he can score the ugly goals as well as the pretty ones. That he's underpaid (in my opinion, anyway) makes him even more attractive to the Wings. Contrary to what a lot of people have been posting, he does NOT need great players around him to get his goals - he's been on several second- and even third-line stints throughout his career. He'd also bring badly need help to the second pp unit. And he's not so old or expensive that the team couldn't keep him around for a couple years while the young'uns develop into more solid players (Flip, Hudler, and Kopecky just aren't quite there yet.)

All in all, an upper-middle prospect like Emerson and a pick (maybe two) would be a fair price for Prospal.

Guest Crymson
All in all, an upper-middle prospect like Emerson and a pick (maybe two) would be a fair price for Prospal.

If they're willing to give him up for that price, then there's certainly something seriously wrong with him that they're not sharing.

Well, with TB chances of making it into the playoffs pretty slim, & Prospal becomming a UFA on July 1st (with little chance of re-signing with TB); me thinks TB just might want to trade Prospal away for young/cheaper players, & or draft picks.

I think Prospal has issues with coach Tortorella; seems as though Prospal may not be the only one. With Prospal there's no commitment past the playoffs so if he doesn't work out in Detroit - he can leave.

Plus winning cures a lot of issues, see Randy Moss!!