• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Rafalski out with a groin injury; Quincey called up

Rate this topic

http://info.detnews.com/redesign/blogs/win...FTOKEN=62252451

No Rafalski vs. Columbus

There will be no Brian Rafalski in tomorrow's line up vs. Columbus. Rafalski has a sore groin and Babcock said the team doesn't want to take the chance of aggravating it. Babcock said the Wings will promote D Kyle Quincey from Grand Rapids. So Quincey, Meech and Lebda on the back end tomorrow night. The average age has dropped considerably in recent days. Also, no Hasek at practice today, and it doesn't seem likely he'll make the weekend trip to Dallas/Colorado.

so does that give Howard a possible start ???

with hasek not making the trip, doesnt it seem like tomorrow will be the best possible time to play howard. Since the next games are at dallas and at colorado. Those are not got places for a young goalie to play, on the road against a tough dallas team, and a colorado team that might actually be healthy and have some firepower

I have to agree with above. I think this is a marketing move. See what he can do. I don't think it's just for Columbus.

They DID say Kendl and Ericsson were untouchable not long ago.....im glad Quincey is up with the team, he won't hurt us. He did well while paired with Chelios. Make it happen Chelios !

You must be kidding me.

-Edit-

We are F**#*#

Lids - Lebda

Cheli - Lilja

Meech - Quincey

Wdf man, Just Wdf.

Another loss for Ozzie friday.

Dude, chill the hell out. I'd bet that we could play Rafalski tonight if we needed to but Babs is choosing not to do so against Columbus. Way to predict a loss, I predict ur wrong.

EXACTLY. Everyone needs to chill out. We still have plenty of games left. We still have a good cusion of points helping us keep the lead and this team isnt perfect they have to lose at some point in time.

Quincey is a great defensemen and he did great in playoffs.

everyone needs to just calm down. The world is not coming to an end.

Well, at least we'll get to see Quincey play. I thought he was good for us in the playoffs last year.

I agree that Quincey did alright last year, however, my persional belief is that the Red Wings management is "showcasing him" for a potential trade. I figure Hudler, Quincey, and Kopecky are all on the table to swing whatever deal Kenny can manage. If Detroit gives out any picks they will be 09' picks as part of any package. IMO

Players Detroit is most likely to acquire, Prospal-Tampa Bay, Campbell- Buffalo, Fedorov-CBJ, Stuart- La KIngs and believe it or not Afinigenov (sp?)-Buffalo. Again, IMO.

Anyone agree? :unsure:

It sounds Kronwall will be back for the weekend game or games. Is Brian Rafalski expected back against Dallas or Colorado. They better be back I am in Vancouver on February 23th to watch the boys. Hopefully by then they will be out of this funk they are in.

I agree that Quincey did alright last year, however, my persional belief is that the Red Wings management is "showcasing him" for a potential trade. I figure Hudler, Quincey, and Kopecky are all on the table to swing whatever deal Kenny can manage. If Detroit gives out any picks they will be 09' picks as part of any package. IMO

Players Detroit is most likely to acquire, Prospal-Tampa Bay, Campbell- Buffalo, Fedorov-CBJ, Stuart- La KIngs and believe it or not Afinigenov (sp?)-Buffalo. Again, IMO.

Anyone agree? :unsure:

From what I have seen in the last five games is lack of intensity, defensive and neutral zone turnovers, skating like they are in cement. The defensive zone coverage has been awful. Too many odd man rushes and below average goaltending. Hasek in Toronto, Ozzie in a couple of games could have been better against Anaheim. In most of those games the Wings were not a puck possession team.

If I was Detroit right now I would keep Quincey once Kronwall and Rafalski come back and send down Lilja. he has been god awful(Mr. Turnover). The trading deadline either pick up Blake for the experience and physical presence or Brian Campbell, Dan Boyle.