• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rwfan007

2008 Detroit Tigers Season Thread

Rate this topic

great, the offensive outburst happens when I am watchin the wings... good win tho

I was watching the wings game, had the tigers game on the computer showing me updates and as soon as the wings game was up...I switched the channel to see the ending. I then turned on the Indians game to see Borowski blow up both one of my starters Westbrook's great outing and my closer burn my fantasy team up. I dropped 2 slots last night based on 3 players I had that played (Bonderman, Westbrook, Borowski). YIKES!

Guest Mac4Life25

Now it's time for the Tigers to go on a 7 game winning steak.

Edited by Mac4Life25

Guest Mac4Life25

I knew our bats would start to consistently come on strong. There is no doubt in my mind that if our pitching holds up we will be a feared team.

Jays beat the Tigers today, 5-3, just hours after Frank Thomas was released.

Series wraps up tomorrow in Toronto, with an afternoon game at 12:30pm.

Question, MacK. Why do Jays games in Toronto always start on the 7s? 7:07, 12:37, whatever. What's up with that?

so now our bullpen is our strength in the pitching... I just cant figure this team out yet. beginning of the year our strength was supposed to be our offense and bullpen was supposed to suck. no offense, no pitching. now our offense is clicking and Rapata, Galarraga, Lopez, and Miner have more wins than Justin, Bondo, Nate, Willis and Kenny. someone explain?

So happy to have Granderson back, been telling people at work for weeks that's all they need. He is the Detroit Tigers. Unbelievable baseball player and class act.

Even with A-Rod out it's still nice to see the Tigers smack down the Yankees.

And I would have never dreamed about Polanco getting TWO, TWO jacks in one game. Thank God for that 318ft left field fence.

Grilli traded!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2008...illi_to_th.html

:clap: Hell yeah! I started cheering when they announced the trade on "Tigers Live" last night. Imagine how bad Grilli will get rocked at Coors Field. He couldn't even get anyone out at a pitcher's park, let alone now at one of the best places to hit in MLB. Grilli has been awful since he almost blew game four of the ALCS in 2006 against Oakland. I hope Cruceta keeps pitching for the Tigers as well as he did with Toledo. The bullpen has been lights out lately.

How great would it be to sweep the Yankees in New York?

If Galarraga does well his next start, its bullpen time for Nate when Willis returns. Yeah, i know its a 95% probability that Galarraga after 3 or 4 more starts will probably have a 5 era...but you HAVE to give him a shot now. Who knows what can happen. If Barry Zito can go to the pen...so can Robertson.

I am liking Aquillino Lopez in the bully. I want him to be the next Tigers closer than Zumaya.

I think you jinxed Lopez on Friday. He's been stellar up till then, but the only guys i have any confidence in are Rapada and even Jones. Bautista is garbage as ive always thought. I hope Zumaya throwing off the mound now doesnt give people false hopes like it did last season. Actually i think his best chance for success now is to stay down in the minors for a year and try to become a starter again. He's just not going to be able to bring that heat anymore which made him so successful.

Verlander 1-5 6.28 era...who wouldve thought.