• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rwfan007

2008 Detroit Tigers Season Thread

Rate this topic

Anyone have an idea what the big "shake-up" will be for tonight's game? Leyland said after the game yesterday there would be drastic changes to the lineup. Getting Sheffield out of it would be a good start.

Jacque Jones is cut from the team, he never really impressed me. Although you can't blame him for last game but he completely played the hit that won the game for the Twins wrong.

Sheff is at left. I would rather have Thames at left.

Anyone have an idea what the big "shake-up" will be for tonight's game? Leyland said after the game yesterday there would be drastic changes to the lineup. Getting Sheffield out of it would be a good start.

There was speculation that Granderson would be moved to the middle of the lineup, which i think is overdue. He's proven he can be a power/ run producer. He is exactly a by the book #3 hitter to a tee, its supposed to go to your best blend of power/average/speed. Other than a move for Curtis, everthing else is up in the air. This would be my guess:

1) Renteria SS

2) Polanco 2B

3) Granderson CF

4) Cabrera 1B

5) Ordonez RF

6) Guillen DH

7) Sheffield LF

8) Pudge C

9) Inge 3B

Not exactly "drastic", but i think it qualifies as enough shifting around. I agree with you on wanting Sheffield out of there, but i cant see that happening. We'll see how Gary's ego would take getting bumped down if it happens...

EDIT: Didnt know Jones is gone...

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Jacque Jones is cut from the team, he never really impressed me. Although you can't blame him for last game but he completely played the hit that won the game for the Twins wrong.

Sheff is at left. I would rather have Thames at left.

Cool. I liked when we got him, but something about him here never meshed. He needed to go.

Going with this info, im betting Carlos Guillen is the new DH, and Inge is going back to 3rd.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Going with this info, im betting Carlos Guillen is the new DH, and Inge is going back to 3rd.

I guess all the whining and pissing Inge did paid off eh?

I'm joking. He's played pretty well, but it was just a matter of time before he got back to his .230 average. I won't complain about his 14 rbi's though.

I guess all the whining and pissing Inge did paid off eh?

I'm joking. He's played pretty well, but it was just a matter of time before he got back to his .230 average. I won't complain about his 14 rbi's though.

Yeah, i think theyre coming to grips with the fact Carlos is pretty much a liability no matter where you put him. I cant think of any other reason Sheff would be playing LF than to give the DH slot to Guillen. Inge is back to hitting crappy, but i guess at this point they'd just be going with the defense.

Matt Joyce is in the lineup...no, not the old Lions O-lineman! Sheffield batting 6th,...dont really see anything drastic here unless the lineup in the pregame changes. Curtis still at leadoff...

What a win last night. The guys look so relieved after Placido's hit. Losses are tough regardless, but blowing a four-run lead twice would have been awful.

I keep waiting for the Tigers to play some consistent baseball. Some nights they hit, and don't pitch. The next game they pitch, and get shutout.

I'm also really sour on Sheffield right now. Rod Allen making excuses for him every night why he is hitting .200 isn't helping the cause either. I swear Allen has a crush on Sheff.

All the hype about the Tigers annnndddd their season is done. Well not done but it ain't lookin' to good. They are 6 games back but Minnesota and Chicago came back two years ago when Detroit was running away with the division.

Oh well, loyal fan here, I'll keep watching every game I can.

All the hype about the Tigers annnndddd their season is done. Well not done but it ain't lookin' to good. They are 6 games back but Minnesota and Chicago came back two years ago when Detroit was running away with the division.

Oh well, loyal fan here, I'll keep watching every game I can.

to me this team lacks HEART. I am not overally shocked with the pitching but the hitting is surprising me.

If I was Leyland, I would tell my starting pitcher to go peg the next batter in the back next time around, starting a brawl. A good old fashion brawl might be just what this team needs to get fired up about something. Plus it gels the team remarkably.

Hey the boys actually won a game! So let me make sure i have this right, on a staff thats completely blown so far we're going to take out the guy who's 3-1 with a 3.06 era when Willis comes back? Is that how it works? Please, somebody correct me if im wrong! I dont know, seems to me like that Robertson fella could slide right into Zach Miner's bullpen spot but i guess that would just make too much sense!

Tigers will never win a Championship with Todd Jones closing. I blame him for my blood pressure sometimes. Today was brutal.
yes!!! This is no excuse the tigers have a all star roster capable of going to the world series if there bullpen shapes up