• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rwfan007

2008 Detroit Tigers Season Thread

Rate this topic

Tigers dominate the AL central teams like they did these past 3 days things aren't looking too bad. I knew Miggy was going to come up big today. I was thinking it was going to be back in the 6th or 7th when les Tigres had men on first and third when he was up. I will take a walk-off home run though lol.

Time to keep your s*** together Tigers.

I also found a baby picture today and I was wearing a tigers jersey thus proving that I was a Tigers fan before 2006.

Edited by dallas27

6 wins in a row, 6 back of the sox... i think theres something brewing in detroit. we are pitching well, hitting well, hitting clutch, hitting for power, and cabrera seems to be coming along not only at the plate, but at 1b as well. i think jimmy lee has pressed the right buttons and we are seeing the real 2008 tigers

6 wins in a row, 6 back of the sox... i think theres something brewing in detroit. we are pitching well, hitting well, hitting clutch, hitting for power, and cabrera seems to be coming along not only at the plate, but at 1b as well. i think jimmy lee has pressed the right buttons and we are seeing the real 2008 tigers

I sure hope so. I'm kind of afraid they'll go on this great roll then get poleaxed by the All-Star break and lose all momentum.

I also found a baby picture today and I was wearing a tigers jersey thus proving that I was a Tigers fan before 2006.

I so wish I could find this old picture I once had. I was like six or seven years old, and my aunt took me someplace where there was a photo-op with some of the Tigers. I think they were Bergman, Rozema, Gibby, and Petry. Pretty sure about the first three, not so much Petry. It was a signed picture. I have no idea what happened to it.

Ughhh ... Fernando Rodney is TERRIBLE.

Two winnable games on the road trip, and Leyland goes to this bum twice in close games. I mean once was bad enough, but again tonight? Didn't Leyland say he was going to "ease" Rodney back in? Quit throwing away important games in the standings with this scrub Rodney.

Send Rodney down with Willis. Maybe combined they can throw one strike.

Ughhh ... Fernando Rodney is TERRIBLE.

Two winnable games on the road trip, and Leyland goes to this bum twice in close games. I mean once was bad enough, but again tonight? Didn't Leyland say he was going to "ease" Rodney back in? Quit throwing away important games in the standings with this scrub Rodney.

Send Rodney down with Willis. Maybe combined they can throw one strike.

and get one out :lol: it was great seeing jones get hit in the foot in the bottom of the 9th yesterday. but atleast we got zumia back

f***in' Johnnycakes.... Thank god for Raburn (and Miggy) tonight! :)

Maybe it was the good mojo from my old-school Tigers logo shirt purchase earlier this afternoon from Fanatic U.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

I feel really good about this. Jonesy's got a quota of those each season. So when we can burn through one of 'em and still win, things are really looking up. If our rotation can shake itself out properly and start pitching like they should, the second half should be exciting. I mean, the team is bottom 10 in all pitching categories worth a damn, and still at the halfway point of the season at .500. If Verlander and Robertson can unf*** themselves, we can make up those 5 games on the Sox for sure.

BIG series with the Twinkies this week, and another one next week just before the break. Seven games in all. It is an absolute must that the Tigers win at least 3 out of the 7, otherwise the season is over barring a miracle. Tigers can't afford at this juncture to drop 3 standings games to Minnesota by going 2-5.

It was only a matter of time

*edit* Would also like to mention how this thread is uncommonly busy now...

Edited by dallas27