Sign in to follow this  
rwfan007

2008 Detroit Tigers Season Thread

Rate this topic

Over/under on:

D-Train getting 12 wins

Cabrera with 35 homers

Figured those were nice round numbers

I'll go over on Dontrelle, just based on the fact that even if he posts a mid to high 4 era, odds are he'd still get to 13 barring injury cause of our offense. I do have concerns about Willis going in, hopefully he shows me his downslide the past couple seasons was just due to being on the Marlins...or im going to be having nightmares about losing Miller.

Cabrera with 35 is a toughy, im gonna say over though. Lets say he hits 38.

Our offense is going to be unreal. But i still have alot of concerns over the pen...you just dont win in the postseason without one. Im very suprised this is what we're actually going in with...on paper it simply doesnt look good whatsoever.

I'll go over on Dontrelle, just based on the fact that even if he posts a mid to high 4 era, odds are he'd still get to 13 barring injury cause of our offense. I do have concerns about Willis going in, hopefully he shows me his downslide the past couple seasons was just due to being on the Marlins...or im going to be having nightmares about losing Miller.

Cabrera with 35 is a toughy, im gonna say over though. Lets say he hits 38.

Our offense is going to be unreal. But i still have alot of concerns over the pen...you just dont win in the postseason without one. Im very suprised this is what we're actually going in with...on paper it simply doesnt look good whatsoever.

Yea, he has virtually no pressure here, I'm not sure if he is already slated in the rotation, I'm guessing 5th. Hopefully he can thrive on that.

CoPa is a tough ballpark to hit in but with Cabrera's power I don't foresee it being that big of a problem.

I agree the bullpen is shaky, and streaky. Miner, for the most part and if I remember correctly, pitched pretty well last year coming out of the pen but you don't know what to expect with FRod and Jones. If they both pitch like they should that's a devastating 1-2 punch in the 8th and 9th. FRod's breaking ball is NASTY (I miss you Rod) when he has it going.

March 31st can not come soon enough.

Anyone know how many opening day tickets will be available to the public? I have to imagine its going to be a pretty small number.

I am guessing not many. i am glad my friend has 4 season tickets :rolleyes: he provides the tigers i provide the wings.

Anyone know how many opening day tickets will be available to the public? I have to imagine its going to be a pretty small number.

I'm hoping enough so I can get some. I've gotten opening day tickets in the past, mainly because I was a season ticket holder, so I don't know about how easy or hard it is to get them without season tickets.

I'm hoping by next season (not this coming season) I can become a season ticket holder again. The only reason I dropped it is because I live in Bay City now, and it's not practical to drive down to every game from all the way up there.

I'm hoping enough so I can get some. I've gotten opening day tickets in the past, mainly because I was a season ticket holder, so I don't know about how easy or hard it is to get them without season tickets.

FWIW, the last couple years, my buddy bought a 13 or 15 game packages and would get opening day tickets. This year, they've sold so many full and half season ticket packages that you don't get opening day tickets if you buy one of the lessor ticket packages. Good luck on getting tickets, of course, there's always stubhub.

I heard an interview on 97.1 "The Ticket" on Monday with a guy from the Tigers front-office, and according to him, Opening Day is completely sold-out already. It didn't sound like there would be any tickets available on March 1st to the public. People who purchase(d) a season-ticket plan of 81, or 27 games are getting an extra Red Sox/Yankees game in their plan, as opposed to tickets on Opening Day.

Edited by GoWings1905

Over / Under on the Tigers getting 1150 runs.

Sorta want to go over, I think they will be close to 1200

Edited by dallas27

I still can't believe how deep the starting lineup is. I keep actually forgetting we now have Edgar Renteria. Here's a .291 career hitter who's a six-time All-Star and who might just be batting ninth. (Though I'd bat him seventh in the nominal lineup. Not like it matters what the lineup is, there are mashers from 1 through 9 no matter how you order it.)

Best thing is, the AL doesn't actually look as scary as it used to. The Central is basically a two-team race, and there's probably five contenders for four spots. (The playoffs, if we make it, are going to be rough though.)

The schedule breaks down great, too. We're done with both the Yankees and Red Sox by May 11. After May 28, only one series against the Angels. If we need a last-week game or two in the standings, we have KC and TB to finish the season. It's nicely set up to where if the Tigs can be leading the division by the break, there's no reason for another second-half collapse. In fact, Zumaya will return by then, so we already have a guaranteed boost.