• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Will the Wings do much by the deadline?

Rate this topic

I know the deadline is getting near and I am sure KH hhas a lot on his mind right now. But how much will we see the Wings do this year? Are we that good where KH is like we have what we need, or are we going to fill up the cap? Is the Sundin thing dead yet? The Blake thing seems to be getting more talk. I can't see us giving what these teams are going to want in return for Hossa or Federov. What about Schneider returning? I have been hearing he will be a Blackhawk when it's all over. Is Shanahan gone forever? I have heard twice now about Shanahan moving, any truth to that? Also heard another rumor that the Wings were intrested in Ray Emery. Not sure if there is any truth to that.

As for moving any existing players currently Wings. I think that Lilja does a lot of stuff we dont see, but in all honesty I believe he tends to be a liability. I think Hudler, Quincey, and Samuelson's days are numbered. I know KH loves Sammy, but business is business.

And what do you think of McCarty returning to the Wings by the playoffs for a possible rematch with the Ducks?

No way are the Wings interested in Emery. He's not needed at all, and is a lockeroom cancer.

Shanny might be on the move, but I don't see him coming back. Same goes for Schneider.

I still think if Mac does very well in GR that maybe the Wings will offer him a 2 way contract and bring him up to see what he can do. Who knows.

I can see Feds, and Stuart be our acquisitions Maybe Blake instead of Stuart, but I'd prefer Brad.

As far as trade bait, I'd say Sammy, Kopay, and maybe some picks.

I would try and get Rob Blake or Brian Campbell for the blueline. The scoring forward at this point would be Hossa if the price is right. Prospal may not be a bad fit either. Sundin may be difficult to get especially what the Leafs may want( alot). We cannot afford to be pounded around especially if we play teams like Anaheim or San Jose.

Guest CaliWingsNut
Best games so far this season have been Duck/Wing games.

I really liked that stars/ducks game the other night. Was really rather close till the 3rd (and the game didn't do much after). Ducks lost it over playing like they do and not killing penalties.

----------------

I really don't know what to speculate as for our options... Fed would be good for his double coverage, but I don't think we will get him. Kenny has been quoted in the past as having a "shopping list" (sorry no direct quote). I'm sure he has exact plans that are just dependent upon what people are asking.

I also think the line shuffling tomorrow is to try and boost a few of our lower player's market value for trades. Were already in a slump, KH's not too worried about another loss to show them off.

Schneider could be moved if they struck a deal for Sundin, but it definitely would not be to here. I could actually envision a 3 way trade like this happening:

Anaheim gets: Sundin

Toronto gets : 1st (Edmonton's pick), Duck prospect, team C prospect

Team C gets : Schneider

You have heard it here first folks!

Drake + Maltby + 1st rounder for Hossa. What? I did it in NHL 08. Therefore it has to work.

On a serious note, Hossa please.

Sundin over Hossa any day!!! If we get Sundin and Hasek stays healthy, it's over!

Sundin over Hossa any day!!! If we get Sundin and Hasek stays healthy, it's over!

No way. Sundin is bolting back to Toronto after the season is over if the Wings get him. They could find money to lock up Hossa, who wouldn't want to play long-term on the Wings? Well, bad question, Sundin wouldn't. Plus Sundin is 37, Hossa is only 29. Hossa is having an OFF-YEAR and he is only 7 pts (53) behind Sundin with 2 less games played. And he is more talented.

Schneider could be moved if they struck a deal for Sundin, but it definitely would not be to here. I could actually envision a 3 way trade like this happening:

Anaheim gets: Sundin

Toronto gets : 1st (Edmonton's pick), Duck prospect, team C prospect

Team C gets : Schneider

You have heard it here first folks!

The one reason I don't see that happening is because Sundin is, without a doubt, a rental player. Burke has stated unequivocally that he's not giving up that 1st for a rental, especially if it looks like it's going to be a top 7 pick.