• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

A Fedorov return to Wings makes sense

Rate this topic

I really don't see why a playoff contending team would take Kopecky in exchange for Federov. Sure, Federov is past his prime, but he's still a great, solid player. Kopecky offers....nothing?

EDIT: Still, if they'll take it, do it. I think even the most aggressive anti-Fedorov squads around here would agree he would be an improvement over Kopecky, and that's the only way you'd have to look at it.

Edited by VM1138

Will Fedorov Wing it back to Detroit?

The Detroit News said speculation is growing that the Red Wings might reacquire Fedorov while the Detroit Free Press said Tomas Kopecky's name has been mentioned as going to Columbus in such a deal.

:angry::thumbdown:<_<:ranting:

Kopecky is finally starting to turn a corner. He's been leading our teams in Hits latey. He's overall started up his play tremendously over the 3rd quarter of the season.. Why dump him now?

This is the move I think will be smartest for the Red Wings --

Will not have to sacrifice much future to get him.

Knows Red Wings system.

Perfect replacement for Samuelsson on the 2nd PP point.

Possibilty he will sign here as a free agent w/ a home-town discount.

Best case scenario - Solid two-way forward and legitimate scoring threat from the second line. Performs well in the playoffs like he has every single time he has been in them.

Worst case scenario - Is injured or plays more of a defensive role.

I can live with that. Perfect "high payoff / low risk" acquisition that Holland smartly seems to go after.

that alone can make me warm up to this.

instead of mr. head fake people at the blue line forcing an offsides in return for someone we all know can really work the PP and has a great slap shot. oh yes, i definitely like that.

Three items that should be speculated on:

1. How much did Sergei enjoy playing for Babcock in 04.

2. What's Babcock's opinion of Fedorov?

3. How badly would number 91 want to put it to Burke, the man that shipped him out of Anaheim?

Discuss?

these are very good points, I wonder about all of them.

what about, how does the Red Wings feel about him coming back? former teammates and guys who have never played along side him.

only bad thing about Fedorov is he craves the spotlight, but IF he did come back to Detroit he better be willing to live in the Shadow of our Stars, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back with the Wings. I just doubt he wants to come back to Detroit, and I doubt his ability. A very similar article was posted on mlive.com.

Fedorov, who will return from a concussion next week, hasn't posted more than 44 points in three post-lockout seasons, and he's got persistent tendinitis in his wrists and elbows.

Lets hope the Wings win tonight and knock Columbus back a little bit. That way they'll feel even more like a seller and be more willing to trade Sergei :thumbup:

In all seriousness though, if I'm Columbus and I pretty much know 100% that Sergei won't be back next season, I trade him away for an NHL ready player and a draft pick. I really wouldn't want Kopecky, nothing about him impresses me, but I'd ask about maybe a guy like Hudler or Meech, or another guy who can play at this level and hope they thrive in a new role with the Blue Jackets because they'd be under less pressure. And then I'd ask for a draft pick along with one of those guys. I'd deem that to be fair and I think the Wings could agree with it too. It's the same line of thought the Panthers had last year when they traded Bert to the Wings and I think they got the better end of that deal now.

Kopecky is worth keeping on the team because he can hit? Lord, some people around here confuse me. The guy offers nothign else. You can't win championships with hitting alone.

Not worth my time to argue.

But no1 said that's all he offers. So keep on reading what you want to read.

Hard work wins championships. Kopecky is hardworking and cheap.

Feds is old - expensive - past his prime. Kopecky has his best days ahead of him.

I've got to admit I'm getting intrigued by the idea of Fedeorov given the right price. I don't see him costing the Wings an arm and a leg non-monetarily wise, and Fedorov does fill a few different needs. He'd be huge on the second PP unit in replacing Samuelsson. He has one hell of a shot from the blue line and if the Wings brought him back they may be able to get away with bringing in a bruiser Dman that won't brake the bank (ala Blake).

Also, Fedorov brings balance to the offensive second line and is a proven playoff goal scorer. As I said before, given the right price, I guess I'd take Fedorov back seeing the potential holes he could fill.

Columbus is said to want a 1st rounder and a prospect, or a HIGH Prospect and a B level prospect. If thats so, thats too much.

I've got to admit I'm getting intrigued by the idea of Fedeorov given the right price. I don't see him costing the Wings an arm and a leg non-monetarily wise, and Fedorov does fill a few different needs. He'd be huge on the second PP unit in replacing Samuelsson. He has one hell of a shot from the blue line and if the Wings brought him back they may be able to get away with bringing in a bruiser Dman that won't brake the bank (ala Blake).

Also, Fedorov brings balance to the offensive second line and is a proven playoff goal scorer. As I said before, given the right price, I guess I'd take Fedorov back seeing the potential holes he could fill.

Hmmm...you've intrigued me. I might be coming around to the idea of Feds back in the D.

Columbus is said to want a 1st rounder and a prospect, or a HIGH Prospect and a B level prospect. If thats so, thats too much.

That I would agree with, if that is *truthfully* what they are trying to get for him. I don't see many teams pulling the trigger on that type of a deal though. As a result, the asking price should come down the closer we get to the deadline.

That I would agree with, if that is *truthfully* what they are trying to get for him. I don't see many teams pulling the trigger on that type of a deal though. As a result, the asking price should come down the closer we get to the deadline.

Exactly, besides the fact that the toronto sun article provided earlier makes it sound as though Columbus will pay the Wings just to take him off thier hands. :rolleyes:

Then you forgot about what Atlanta gave for Tkachuk last year....Oil gave up for Roloson 2 years ago, closer to the deadline it gets and more teams get involved the price goes up. I'm not so sure they deal him if they stay in it, and not so sure if they deal with a team within the division. Ottawa and Montreal are supposedly interested in him also.

Then you forgot about what Atlanta gave for Tkachuk last year....Oil gave up for Roloson 2 years ago, closer to the deadline it gets and more teams get involved the price goes up. I'm not so sure they deal him if they stay in it, and not so sure if they deal with a team within the division. Ottawa and Montreal are supposedly interested in him also.

Which is why it's said GM's are going to be far more cautious, since they've witnessed others get burned. Add Washington and Pittsburgh to that list also, I'm just wondering if it's so plain to see for some posters on here that the guy is so old, useless, and washed up why don't NHL G.M.'s seem to share the opinion?

No I didn't forget, but seeing how well that worked out for Atlanta and the Matthias deal, I don't expect to see as many crazy deals as we have in the past few years.

That's not entirely true either. The closer we get to the deadline the more teams have made their deals and have thus bowed out of some others. The longer you wait (and I mean up until the last couple hours) the better your chances are of landing someone for a minimal return.

Three items that should be speculated on:

1. How much did Sergei enjoy playing for Babcock in 04.

2. What's Babcock's opinion of Fedorov?

3. How badly would number 91 want to put it to Burke, the man that shipped him out of Anaheim?

Discuss?

1. That I'm not sure about, really there's no way to know unless you were to ask either of them, which could possibly be done soon. All i can say about that is he and Bowman weren't exactly best of friends, but they sure as hell shared alot of success. In reality though neither is there to be friends with the other, and winning seems to erase many of these off ice issues.

2. Again, can't speak for the man, but he can't be blind to the teams weaknesses and the fact that Feds can address some (not all mind you) of them. Reguardless of what it is now, I can't see it being any worse than his of Hudler, and I'm willing to bet it be peachy keen if Feds comes in and does his job like he's very capible of doing.

3. Not sure on that either, I mean it's a business when it boils down to it but I think he'd be pretty amped up to dismiss alot of the ney-sayers around the leauge in the press and in the stands.

I'd like to ask a question myself though, does anyone really think if he were to come here he'd want to do anything other than finish on top? I can't see him as having an chance of coming back and winning over not only fans but the organization and just mailing it in. I think a Fedorov on a mission hasn't been seen around here for a while, and some might actually be pleasntly surprised if they get to see it while he's once again in a Wings jersey.

Edited by bringback91

How is no one bothered by the most important line:

Fedorov has persistent tendinitis in his wrist!!!!!!!

Um, that is not a good thing, for a guy who is supposed to have a great shot, that has got to mess that shot up just a little!

these are very good points, I wonder about all of them.

what about, how does the Red Wings feel about him coming back? former teammates and guys who have never played along side him.

only bad thing about Fedorov is he craves the spotlight, but IF he did come back to Detroit he better be willing to live in the Shadow of our Stars, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, etc.

oh come on, he's a 38 year old veteran who wants to win. he does not crave the spotlight. he doesn't even have the spotlight in columbus. he would love having any role on the wings these days.

oh come on, he's a 38 year old veteran who wants to win. he does not crave the spotlight. he doesn't even have the spotlight in columbus. he would love having any role on the wings these days.

He since you know him because you know he would love being on the wings, I hate to ask, but can you get me an autograph.

Thanks

/sarcasm!