27 replies to this topic

#1 octopusdank

octopusdank

LETS GO REDWINGS

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:08 PM

when the f*** is samuelsson going to go?? he seriously SUCKS, all you non-haters, what are there like 2 of you left, what excuse do you have now? he continually brings suckage to a new level, what else does he have to do for babcock to send him down(i know its unrealistic but come on)? injure someone else? how about a puck to homers dome?? ive never hated a red wing, but id shoot sammy if i saw him in person

thanks offsides!!

#2 rod

rod

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (octopusdank @ February 15, 2008 - 10:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when the f*** is samuelsson going to go?? he seriously SUCKS, all you non-haters, what are there like 2 of you left, what excuse do you have now? he continually brings suckage to a new level, what else does he have to do for babcock to send him down(i know its unrealistic but come on)? injure someone else? how about a puck to homers dome?? ive never hated a red wing, but id shoot sammy if i saw him in person

I agree, package him up with someone and try to get something!

#3 octopusdank

octopusdank

LETS GO REDWINGS

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (rod @ February 15, 2008 - 08:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, package him up with someone and try to get something!

i totally agree, but if any GMs have been watching him, im unsure why theyd take him

thanks offsides!!

#4 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:14 PM

Are you referring to the play late in the 3rd on the power play?

This team's lack of depth is being exposed, and their defense just isn't very deep. One injury in the playoffs on the backline, with this roster, can literally be all it takes to lose a series the way we've (not) been scoring.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#5 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:17 PM

Sammy was one of the few players without a - tonight and who exactly do you think we'd get in return for trading him? Face it, while it sounds a bit to me like you're just venting, the cause of our current struggles stem deeper than a single player.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#6 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:18 PM

I'm one of the two non-haters. I would rather not see him on the PP, but I don't have a problem with him as a 3rd or 4th liner. Moving one of the other guys up isn't going to help if they don't step up and play better than they have.

Right now the problem isn't "we need someone better than Sammy", but "we need someone better than himself" (himself referring to the other player in question- man, there's no clear way to word that sentance- sorry, blame the alcohol).

In short, we're stuck with Sammy for the time being. It's kind of like going to the prom with your cousin. You know you won't score, but it's better than nothing. Hmm, maybe we should see if GR has any hattie-scoring forwards available.

Edit for complete lack of clarity.

Edited by 55fan, 15 February 2008 - 10:20 PM.

#7 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (55fan @ February 15, 2008 - 08:18PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm one of the two non-haters. I would rather not see him on the PP, but I don't have a problem with him as a 3rd or 4th liner. Moving one of the other guys up isn't going to help if they don't step up and play better than they have.

Right now the problem isn't "we need someone better than Sammy", but "we need someone better than himself" (himself referring to the other player in question- man, there's no clear way to word that sentance- sorry, blame the alcohol).

In short, we're stuck with Sammy for the time being. It's kind of like going to the prom with your cousin. You know you won't score, but it's better than nothing. Hmm, maybe we should see if GR has any hattie-scoring forwards available.

I must be the other one.

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#8 Nik1984

Nik1984

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

Sammy didnt play well recently but so did nobody on this team.

The problem is not Samuelsson himself. The problem is that Samuelsson is meant to be a Top 6 Forward in our team! Same goes for Franzen, Hudler, Filppula etc.

Before the season we were worried that after loosing the entire 2nd line and not adding any forward we will lack secondary forward. We relied on guys like Holmström, Cleary, Filppula, Hudler, Franzen and Samuelsson stepping it up.

The only ones who really made the step to being a Top 6 Forward were Cleary and Homer. The other ones were inconstant. Right our whole team is on a cold streak and we play poor defensivly. We cant always rely on Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Anyways, as we play bad defensivly, miss some important players like Kronwall and Cleary - and our Top Line not being on one of their tremendous scoring streak, we finally realize that guys like Samuelsson, Franzen, Filppula and Hulder are not proper Top 6 Forwards (yet).

I dont mind having Samuelsson on the team. He is a cheap solid 3rd line winger who would bring great depth to our team if we had a decent 2nd line.

#9 octopusdank

octopusdank

LETS GO REDWINGS

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Vincanni @ February 15, 2008 - 08:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sammy was one of the few players without a - tonight and who exactly do you think we'd get in return for trading him? Face it, while it sounds a bit to me like you're just venting, the cause of our current struggles stem deeper than a single player.

i dont think we'd get anyone better than him alone, he'd have to be part of a package. and im not hating a single player after a one game f***up, hes been very consistent at it.

thanks offsides!!

#10 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:36 PM

Sammy just needs to be dropped a few lines. He shoots the puck, and so could add a little spark down low on the roster.

The key is to get a 2nd line scorer. Or a top line scorer so we can break up Z and Dats.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#11 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (VM1138 @ February 16, 2008 - 12:36AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sammy just needs to be dropped a few lines. He shoots the puck, and so could add a little spark down low on the roster.

The key is to get a 2nd line scorer. Or a top line scorer so we can break up Z and Dats.

We don't need scoring, we need defencemen... Chelly is too old for an expanded role and Quincy and Meech are just not ready for the big time (and may never be). Scoring will pick back up once the team feels it can play without worring that we'll have a terrible give away every shift.

#12 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ February 15, 2008 - 11:18PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, only two? Give me a break.

While there are a ton of people who bash Samuelsson, there are a ton of people who defend him with their lives as well. I've all but given up bashing on Samuelsson, because I'm tired of the personal attacks that are thrown at me if I dare say anything bad about him. rolleyes.gif

#13 umredwing11

umredwing11

Ohh Hot Damn, Dan Is The Man

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (VM1138 @ February 15, 2008 - 11:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, if Sammy was moved to the 3rd or 4th line he'd have to grind it out and actually work hard. That could be a problem.

#14 LivingtheDream

LivingtheDream

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:20 AM

I would love to see him go, but there is the insanity based on the idea that because he shoots he is worth keeping.

#15 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Kp-Wings @ February 15, 2008 - 11:10PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, only two? Give me a break.

While there are a ton of people who bash Samuelsson, there are a ton of people who defend him with their lives as well. I've all but given up bashing on Samuelsson, because I'm tired of the personal attacks that are thrown at me if I dare say anything bad about him. rolleyes.gif

Well, I'm not going to bash you for bashing Sammy, if you promise not to bash the people who will bash me for not bashing you for bashing Sammy. lookaround.gif

#16 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:29 AM

I don't see us getting anything better than a 4th round pick.
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#17 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (octopusdank @ February 15, 2008 - 08:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For $1.2m, he's pretty good. You are simply spoiled by the fact that we have so many other good players.

Some players will be worthless. Other teams have lots of them. Sammy is less worthless than most.

FYI: Sammy was 5th in scoring for us in the playoffs last year.

Edited by Crymson, 16 February 2008 - 12:39 AM.

#18 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Crymson @ February 16, 2008 - 12:38AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For $1.2m, he's pretty good. You are simply spoiled by the fact that we have so many other good players.

Some players will be worthless. Other teams have lots of them. Sammy is less worthless than most.

FYI: Sammy was 5th in scoring for us in the playoffs last year.

FYI Sergi Federov is the all time Playoff Goal Score Leader for the Red wings. Why do i bring this up? Because that was the past and this is the present.

Sammy was 5th in scoring for us, good for him. If he's 20th in scoring for us this year, he's just a worthless in the playoffs as he was in the regular season.

#19 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:04 AM

Id trade sammela for package of hot dogs, aldi brand hot dogs.

#20 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ February 16, 2008 - 01:27AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'm not going to bash you for bashing Sammy, if you promise not to bash the people who will bash me for not bashing you for bashing Sammy. lookaround.gif

Oh no, I wasn't referring to you in that post. There is one particular person (whose name I won't mention) who does it all the time, though, and it's pretty ridiculous.