27 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (Kp-Wings @ February 16, 2008 - 02:19AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh no, I wasn't referring to you in that post. There is one particular person (whose name I won't mention) who does it all the time, though, and it's pretty ridiculous.

Comprendo.

The problem with Sammy having been named Whipping Boy as soon as Lang stared packing is that now those who bash Sammy for fun and those who are calling them as they see them are saying the same things and it's hard to tell who just likes to be mean and who is being honest. With Sammy right now, reality isn't nice. He hasn't been performing well.

I just feel for the guy since he was projected to bomb before he hit training camp. For that reason, I'd love to see him excel and prove everyone wrong. It's those decades of mental conditioning as a Lions fan in Vikings/Packers territory. You tend to root for the underdog.

Heck, the way things are going right now, I just want to see someone start excelling.

#22 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:33 AM

You know what? I know Sammy sucks. But Im really sick of people overlooking Hudler and Filppula - particularly Filppula with the way he is idolized on this board - for not doing s*** when theyre 1) being given the ice time and 2) needed the most. This should be Hudler and Flips chance to take the opportunity to show what they can do and run with it. And what have they done? Next to nothing.

And you know what else? The Filppula - Zetterberg comparisons really need to stop. In Zetterbergs 2nd season, if he hadnt broken his leg, he probably couldve hit 25 goals and 55 points at least. Not to mention he had over 20 in his rookie year alone. And that was when the Wings were even deeper than they are now..

That being said, management needs to take a look at whats out there, and the big, gritty, skilled, defensively responsible, goal scoring, playmaking, just-now-entering-his-prime winger thats wasting away on Atlantas roster needs to be in a Red Wings jersey ASAP. And Hudler AND Flip should both be on the table...
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#23 sinbin

sinbin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:38 AM

there's no grit........we're in pond hockey mode right now.......we're playing it safe to keep from injuries before PO time......leave Huds & Flip alone.........
Don't be fooled by what you see......

#24 sinbin

sinbin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:42 AM

I think the other teams have found the virus to the puck possession system.....it's time to change it, Babs!
Don't be fooled by what you see......

#25 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Crymson @ February 16, 2008 - 12:38AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are simply spoiled by the fact that we have so many other good players.

rolleyes.gif

If it ain't broke, don't fix it it!!!11one

Don't Toews me, bro!

#26 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (VM1138 @ February 15, 2008 - 10:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sammy just needs to be dropped a few lines. He shoots the puck, and so could add a little spark down low on the roster.

The key is to get a 2nd line scorer. Or a top line scorer so we can break up Z and Dats.

Franzen has played much better as of late.

#27 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (mackel @ February 15, 2008 - 11:06PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We don't need scoring, we need defencemen... Chelly is too old for an expanded role and Quincy and Meech are just not ready for the big time (and may never be). Scoring will pick back up once the team feels it can play without worring that we'll have a terrible give away every shift.

Quincey did fine in the playoffs last year with us in his limited time on the Wings. Meech never gets to play, im not arguing your point, but it's sorta early to pass judgement on 2 guys that have not played much. I think both are better than Lebda by far. If I had to pick between the 2 of them, I would keep Quincey. Meech is out of options and they would lose him for nothing is why he is still in Detroit and not GR. Kindl and Ericsson have lots of potential when they make the transition to Detroit.

#28 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Kp-Wings @ February 15, 2008 - 11:10PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, only two? Give me a break.

While there are a ton of people who bash Samuelsson, there are a ton of people who defend him with their lives as well. I've all but given up bashing on Samuelsson, because I'm tired of the personal attacks that are thrown at me if I dare say anything bad about him. rolleyes.gif

I especially hate those people who defend Lilja like he's some God or something to the equivalent.

biggrin.gif
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.