• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

Watching Dallas v. Anaheim

Rate this topic

They're playing each other very tough. Another divisional game, very physical, already feels like a playoff game and it's only the first period.

Imagine the current Wings roster playing these teams... maybe in consecutive order. What do you see?

Guest Canadian Wings
They're playing each other very tough. Another divisional game, very physical, already feels like a playoff game and it's only the first period.

Imagine the current Wings roster playing these teams... maybe in consecutive order. What do you see?

current wings roster with the injuries i assume?

to answer ur question, us getting our ass kicked!

Guest octopusdank
We've beat them both (4-1 and 3-0 against Dallas, don't need to detail the quacks) with our current roster.

yeah but we werent missing clears or ralf or kronner(might be wrong)

hopefully ralf is back sunday or monday for the avs

This is no time to panic people. We've beaten both these teams this year, and we've hung in there til the very end when we lose.

This streak is scary, but two weeks does not erase a season's worth of accomplishments.

The Wings just don't have anything to play for right now. Put yourself in their shoes. Why put an extra effort to win an extra two points when you're already 15 points ahead of 2nd place?

When things start to balance out they will kick it in to high gear, they just have to realize what is at stake.

And because they are SO FAR ahead of the other teams, it will take a little longer for them to really be threatened.

Dallas is up 3-1! That is good. Every weekend pick i made is wrong or looking to be wrong! Detroit can beat both of these teams.

I don't think they can beat them which Meech Quincey and Lebda all playing in the same game. But with raf, kronner and cleary they can beat them. Fedorov can play defense too, which would make him a good aquisition. Still Detroit should grab some big guys for the same price instead.

Guest Canadian Wings
Dallas is up 3-1! That is good. Every weekend pick i made is wrong or looking to be wrong! Detroit can beat both of these teams.

I don't think they can beat them which Meech Quincey and Lebda all playing in the same game. But with raf, kronner and cleary they can beat them. Fedorov can play defense too, which would make him a good aquisition. Still Detroit should grab some big guys for the same price instead.

For some reason Anaheim can't beat Dallas.

I had Giguere start in my pool tonight too :(

Yes we can beat them. Any team can beat any other team on any given night. They are playing like poop right now but all teams play like rubbish at some point in the season. Not that I wanted this to happen obviously but the Wings have fortuntaely afforded themselves some cushion room to struggle. They are too good and too experience to let this be a complete train wreck. They'll be fine in time, it's not worth losing sleep over.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Guest Crymson
current wings roster with the injuries i assume?

to answer ur question, us getting our ass kicked!

Gee, you're negative---what a surprise.

Perhaps a couple of seasons cheering for the Kings would give you some perspective.

For some reason Anaheim can't beat Dallas.

I had Giguere start in my pool tonight too :(

Sad but true. Ducks have always had troubles with Dallas. Oh well. Wings lost and Ducks lost. Bad day for me :thumbdown: .

This is no time to panic people. We've beaten both these teams this year, and we've hung in there til the very end when we lose.

This streak is scary, but two weeks does not erase a season's worth of accomplishments.

The Wings just don't have anything to play for right now. Put yourself in their shoes. Why put an extra effort to win an extra two points when you're already 15 points ahead of 2nd place?

When things start to balance out they will kick it in to high gear, they just have to realize what is at stake.

And because they are SO FAR ahead of the other teams, it will take a little longer for them to really be threatened.

Right, we've been steamrolling up to this point. I'm sure they guy just got a little to comfortable.

Call me crazy, but I'm a little happy we're going through this right now. It's 10 days before the deadline and we know what kind of players (size, strength) to get inorder to win the Stanley Cup. If we would have continued to roll, it could have been a repeat of 1995 and 1995-96.

Dallas is always a fraud, i dont see why this year will be any different than last. So yes, the Wings can beat Dallas as i dont view them as much of a threat at all. However i have a feeling something very significant is going to happen with them at the deadline, so we'll see. Anaheim i say no though, the Wings would need somebody else to knock them out.

In a 7 game series, The Wings can't beat the Ducks. They are too physical, and once they start banging on Datsyuk and Zetterberg, Hasek, ect...it's over with.

I disagree. The only way the Ducks can beat the Wings is to push buttons and take advantage of cheap shots and getting away with penalties and bad calls. I'm no homer, and I havent' seen anything that tells me that the Wings can't handle the physicality of the Ducks. The only thing we need to beat the Ducks easily is someone to break up their cycling in our zone.

With the current roster, no, the Wings probably can't beat either of these teams. They have no scoring consistancy with anyone beyond the top line, which will be their downfall in the playoffs.

You shouldn't make statements like that based on some bs that you heard from somebody that doesn't know what they are talking about. The Wings lead the entire league in Goals.

If you add up the goals scored by their top line Z, Pav and Homer, it comes to only 39% of the goals. So if we have no consistant scoring beyond the top line, who then scores the other 61% of our goals.

Exactly. Check your facts next time.

Your missing 2 of your top dmen

Your missing our heart and soul of our team *cleary*

What do you expect?

^^^

Statement for all the doubters on this thread :D

!edit

Dallas and Gayaheim, Will give us a fight in the Playoffs, But it wont stop us. We are the wings, We arent loosing because we are in a slump, We are looosing to fit in.. then when playoffs come, we will come out of our hybernation and go.. time to pwn.

Edited by Grittzkey

In a 7 game series, The Wings can't beat the Ducks. They are too physical, and once they start banging on Datsyuk and Zetterberg, Hasek, ect...it's over with.

Jesus Christ. Where did you come up with that crap. That sounds like the same BS that all the experts were saying last year. Well we came within 30 second of beating them last year and that was without Kronner or Schneids and after beating hard phyisical teams like Calgary and San Jose while the Mighty Ducks played softies.

Ok that was last year. This year we played them 4 times and finished 2-2. 3 of those 4 games were decided by 1 goal in hard fought games. 1 was forefitted by the guys in stripes.

Can we play with these goons. Hell Yes! San Jose is bigger and more physical than the Mighty Ducks and we beat them in 7 games.

Defensive Pessimism.

Jesus Christ. Where did you come up with that crap. That sounds like the same BS that all the experts were saying last year.

Who won the Cup last year?

oh yah The ducks did. we didnt.

Jesus Christ. Where did you come up with that crap. That sounds like the same BS that all the experts were saying last year. Well we came within 30 second of beating them last year and that was without Kronner or Schneids and after beating hard phyisical teams like Calgary and San Jose while the Mighty Ducks played softies.

Ok that was last year. This year we played them 4 times and finished 2-2. 3 of those 4 games were decided by 1 goal in hard fought games. 1 was forefitted by the guys in stripes.

Can we play with these goons. Hell Yes! San Jose is bigger and more physical than the Mighty Ducks and we beat them in 7 games.

Defensive Pessimism.

San Jose is more physical than the Ducks?

Um..no.