• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Blake to Ducks?

Rate this topic

They're already the best team in the NHL. Our record up to this point is worth s***, unless we make some deadline acquisitions. As we've found out before, being 1st in the West means nothing.

They are the best team in the NHL? Based on what? You must have something to base that on. They don't have the best record, don't score the most goals, don't allow the least amount of goals, don't have the best powerplay, nor the best pk.

So what do you base that on? They won the cup LAST year but they have made significant roster changes since then. So exactly what is the basis of your statement?

Oh, I know, it must be based on the names on a sheet of paper. And the reputation of those names is based on PAST accomplishments.

Well, my friend, NONE of those famous names have played well this year. So you must be counting on them to suddenly start playing like they did in years past.

I know what you are going to say. You will say that they will play great in the playoffs and the regular season means nothing. Well consider this, last year they played great in the regular season and well in the playoffs. This year you are counting on them to go from a mediocre regular season to cup winners. Not many teams have done that before.

That's a pretty weak argument. Hockey isn't played on paper.

They are the best team in the NHL? Based on what? You must have something to base that on. They don't have the best record, don't score the most goals, don't allow the least amount of goals, don't have the best powerplay, nor the best pk.

So what do you base that on? They won the cup LAST year but they have made significant roster changes since then. So exactly what is the basis of your statement?

Oh, I know, it must be based on the names on a sheet of paper. And the reputation of those names is based on PAST accomplishments.

Well, my friend, NONE of those famous names have played well this year. So you must be counting on them to suddenly start playing like they did in years past.

I know what you are going to say. You will say that they will play great in the playoffs and the regular season means nothing. Well consider this, last year they played great in the regular season and well in the playoffs. This year you are counting on them to go from a mediocre regular season to cup winners. Not many teams have done that before.

Huzzah, well put!

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they get him. In fact, I'm expecting it. I even called it about a week ago.

Rest assured: Burke doesn't share Kenny's reservations about the future.

This is true, mostly because he will have a new job and not have to worry about the fallout by then!!

We have a lot more weaknesses than they do. Besides, they're playing pretty well of late and the Wings aren't. I just look at our 2nd line, and at theirs, and it's no contest. And now the pathetic names we have on our 2nd line are playing badly, so it's not only bad on paper, but on the ice also. Likewise, their defense is stronger and better than the Wings. The Wings need to go out and make a few moves to solidify their lineup, because this lineup isn't going to cut it when the playoffs come. Ther'e too many blind homers on LGW that refuse to admit that anything is wrong, and keep pointing to the standings, which don't mean anything come playoff time.

the reputation of those names is based on PAST accomplishments.

No, the reputation of those names is based on those players being consistently good players who know how to win. Like it or not, many of those players hoisted the Cup last year, whereas the Wings haven't done so since 2002 -- and the Wings of 2008 are far removed from that team, so really, this team as we know it has not delivered the goods yet and people need to stop acting like they have.

Adding Blake will only make a sick blue line even sicker. The knee-jerk reaction is to say, "Ha! He's old! A lotta good that'll do," but he's been playing pretty damn good hockey of late -- and it's exactly the kind of hockey the Ducks love to play. So barring an act of divine intervention, this would be a monstrous pickup for the Ducks and a big blow to this undersized, scoring-challenged Wings team. Which is exactly why Burke is probably first in line for Blake right now.

But it's OK. We almost beat them last year and and and we're first in the league and and and we've gotta think about the FUTURE!!1

I still don't see LA trading within their own division, but that's just me. The Kings have a local rivalry with the Ducks (even though it's a very lopsided rivalry) and I can't see them trading Blake to their rivals unless they get a LOT in return, just to screw them.

But it's OK. We almost beat them last year and and and we're first in the league and and and we've gotta think about the FUTURE!!1

I will always believe that the Wings can win a cup. But there care about the future is a bit ridiculous IMO. I dont care if there 1st or 2nd in the west for the next 15 years, if they win no stanley cups, no one will remeber them. Cups are what make or break an organization, a player, and management. This is the best shot we have, and we should go all out to win the cup this year, retool and try again next year. Then think about the future. Cups before Future.