• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CAredwingsfan91

Red Wing Fans.

Rate this topic

So with everything that has been going on and everyone freaking out about the 5 game losing skid now I think that us a fans of a winning team that has such a rich history behind it and have known to have a team that has ruled the league for the past years we are easily influenced to hit the “panic button.” no offense to teams/fans of the kings, panthers, thrashers, capitals(I know they’ve recently been on a roll as of late) jackets, hawks, basically teams that have not been really able to produce winning records, I know the kings had success against us in the playoffs a while back, the thrashers won their division, and the panthers went to the cup their first year but face it they aren’t franchises like Detroit yes they have history but it’s the Detroit Red Wings. Well fans of teams like that I guess you could say they get used to their teams losing and sure every fan wants to see their team win but when you are a fan of a losing team you basically just go to the games to see a hockey game but fans of the red wings you expect them to win every night, you expect them to be at the top of the NHL, you expect them to pound on teams like the ones in the central division and other “weak” teams in the NHL. As “spoiled” fans we are gonna rip apart our goaltending, our defense, our offense, our GM, etc. when our teams goes into a tale spin. I think we all have to realize that history repeats itself and as much as I hate to say these words you never know when we can be known as the “Dead Wings” again and that teams we would dominate in games will soon dominate us as we’ve been witnessing recently. I think we all just need to be thankful that our team has put up such great numbers and has been able to play such great hockey despite EVERYTHING the Red Wings organization has been through from Konstantinov’s accident to Fischer’s scene on the bench and so many other events our boys have been able to overcome and just down right play some great hockey. We’ll get back on the winning track just give it some time guys and if we make any trades then we make trades if we don’t then lets continue cheering on the team and having faith in the team we’ve had in all season, just be thankful we get to see our boys play after the season is over and we won’t be seeing an empty stadium anytime soon.

Yeah I think you're right. We want our team to be so perfect that we forget they're human and they're gonna make mistakes. That's why I don't like it when people chew off Sammy and Lilja heads. Even Dom and Ozzie when they're not playing too hot. We'll get out of this slump at some point. It's not like it'll last til the end of the season. BTW, who do we still have to lowest GA?

We are 10 points clear in the west with 2 games in hand.Let's see how they react against Dallas before we all jump ship.They need a much improved effort Sunday or we willget killed by Dallas.Hopefully we can get healthy soon, and then we can see where we stand.

So with everything that has been going on and everyone freaking out about the 5 game losing skid now I think that us a fans of a winning team that has such a rich history behind it and have known to have a team that has ruled the league for the past years we are easily influenced to hit the “panic button.”

no offense to teams/fans of the kings, panthers, thrashers, capitals(I know they’ve recently been on a roll as of late) jackets, hawks, basically teams that have not been really able to produce winning records, I know the kings had success against us in the playoffs a while back, the thrashers won their division, and the panthers went to the cup their first year but face it they aren’t franchises like Detroit yes they have history but it’s the Detroit Red Wings.

Well fans of teams like that I guess you could say they get used to their teams losing and sure every fan wants to see their team win but when you are a fan of a losing team you basically just go to the games to see a hockey game but fans of the red wings you expect them to win every night, you expect them to be at the top of the NHL, you expect them to pound on teams like the ones in the central division and other “weak” teams in the NHL.

As “spoiled” fans we are gonna rip apart our goaltending, our defense, our offense, our GM, etc. when our teams goes into a tale spin. I think we all have to realize that history repeats itself and as much as I hate to say these words you never know when we can be known as the “Dead Wings” again and that teams we would dominate in games will soon dominate us as we’ve been witnessing recently.

I think we all just need to be thankful that our team has put up such great numbers and has been able to play such great hockey despite EVERYTHING the Red Wings organization has been through from Konstantinov’s accident to Fischer’s scene on the bench and so many other events our boys have been able to overcome and just down right play some great hockey.

We’ll get back on the winning track just give it some time guys and if we make any trades then we make trades if we don’t then lets continue cheering on the team and having faith in the team we’ve had in all season, just be thankful we get to see our boys play after the season is over and we won’t be seeing an empty stadium anytime soon.

get over it thanks.

There, fixed it.

Why is it a problem to expect nothing more than the best? These guys are millionares if they cant take the heat of Detroit Red Wings fans, Go play in Florida where no gives two s***s about you or your sport. God, Im tired of the bulls*** talk.

Guest CaliWingsNut
There's the real problem with Red Wings fans, we're grammar freaks! :D

Don't you mean grammatical freaks?

Proper use of paragraphs help.

Subject/verb agreement is also important.

Gosh, I love grammar threads. Can we do this more often?

Edit for spelling. Oh, boy, that would have been funny!

Edited by 55fan

Subject/verb agreement is also important.

Gosh, I love grammar threads. Can we do this more often?

Edit for spelling. Oh, boy, that would have been funny!

Woohoo for grammar!!! :yowza:

Not gonna lie...I did gloss over the "WALL OF TEXT" lol.

Why is it a problem to expect nothing more than the best? These guys are millionares if they cant take the heat of Detroit Red Wings fans, Go play in Florida where no gives two s***s about you or your sport. God, Im tired of the bulls*** talk.

I agree. :thumbup:

Wow, it's about time somebody get's it around here. :thumbup:

If you seriously don't expect the best from the team you root for, than you're either a blind homer, or an idiot who doesn't care. Seriously. The amount of people who act all s***ty because we complain over losing streaks, and the various loser deadweight players currently on the Wings roster (Samuelsson, Hudler, Kopecky, Lilja, Franzen, Lebda, etc., etc.) is so ridiculous. It's called an internet forum, and everyone has opinions. If you don't like it, then don't post here. Go get a job at Leafs TV or something if you want to be a raging homer with rosy glasses stuck to your head.

I don't think it really matters, though, since this is an internet forum, and there will always be arguments on it. It's mostly the blind homers you can thank for that. But, I guess it's like that everywhere.

Edited by Kp-Wings