• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Deadline - wish lists, hunches, speculation

Rate this topic

He doesn't want that much. He's not only affordable, but someone worked it out to where we could even have money left under the cap. If a poster can do that certainly Holland can crunch the numbers.

And people, Hossa IS the future. He's not an aging veteran. He's only BEGINNING his prime years. He could be with us for just as long as Zetterberg and Datsyuk could be. I say lock him up, especially since as the yeras go on his hit under the cap would be less and less, thus giving us more to work with each year.

like I JUST said, if we can get him in for a price, great, make it happen, he just not deserve more than 5 a year and ALSO like I just said, great bring him in, but people need to stop calling for additions if we can make it happen - if they bring him in, they add a d-man and call it a day, we don't need any other forwards if we bring in Hossa...

He doesn't want that much. He's not only affordable, but someone worked it out to where we could even have money left under the cap. If a poster can do that certainly Holland can crunch the numbers.

And people, Hossa IS the future. He's not an aging veteran. He's only BEGINNING his prime years. He could be with us for just as long as Zetterberg and Datsyuk could be. I say lock him up, especially since as the yeras go on his hit under the cap would be less and less, thus giving us more to work with each year.

Hossa already has turned down the Thrashers' offer for a four-year deal worth US$28 million.

TSN

Yes he also says it is not about the money, but that is the money he is going to fetch. He may not base his decision on money, but that is the money he will get from the team he feels, is best suited to win...so yes he is that expensive.

Hossa wants out of Atlanta. At this point, he'll probably refuse any deal DW puts on the table.

He wants to go to a contender. Everything that's been said about the situation indicates he'd be willing to take a "paycut" to play for a perennial powerhouse like the Wings.

Folks, it's really simple:

- Hossa would be more or less a long-term addition.

- Hossa is affordable.

- Hossa is more valuable than Hudler and Flip combined.

- Hossa is the kind of player the Wings lack and need right now. No one in our system can offer what Hossa offers. We can afford to lose a "future Datsyk" who, at the moment, is doing jack for us. But a big-time franchise winger? Different story.

Edited by Dabura

blockbuster trade i think should happen...

dan boyle

brad richards

for

dan cleary

jiri hudler

(insert pick and or prospect)

tampa- dumps huge salary, signs cleary long term, picks up young talent and or picks

detroit- gets relatively cheap rental in boyle and the commitment of richards staying with the team longer then a couple months (i know richards would be a risk but i think holland would be willing to take it... it could pay off bringing him to detroit)

Guest Jeremy88

As much as I want to see Fedorov and/or Hossa on the Red Wings, I don't really think Ken Holland is going to make any big trades.

blockbuster trade i think should happen...

dan boyle

brad richards

for

dan cleary

jiri hudler

(insert pick and or prospect)

tampa- dumps huge salary, signs cleary long term, picks up young talent and or picks

detroit- gets relatively cheap rental in boyle and the commitment of richards staying with the team longer then a couple months (i know richards would be a risk but i think holland would be willing to take it... it could pay off bringing him to detroit)

Cleary wont be traded.

this is from the hossa thread.

QUOTE (YoungGuns1340 @ February 19, 2008 - 08:47PM)

Detroit will have absolutely no problem having Hossa on the books next season, as Hanks contract wont kick in til the season after that. 09/10 is what Im more worried about. And hopefully, they can offer Cleary a longer term contract (5 years?) at a cheaper price (2.5?), which in reality is a deal Cleary might take, as thats a lot of security for such an inconsistent player as Cleary. Now, hopefully when/if Detroit re-signs their players, they'll re-sign them all to at least 2 year deals (except Chelios), so they can calculate how much money theyll have booked for 09/10.

A look at 08/09

Cap: ~54M

Hudler(1.1) - Hank(2.65) - Hossa (I)

Cleary(2.5) - Datsyuk(6.7) - Homer (2.25)

Kopecky (.5)- Franzen (.94) - Sammy (1.2)

Maltby(.88)- Draper(1.5) - Dmac? (.5)

Downey (.55)

Lidstrom (7.4) - Ericsson (.65)

Raffi (6) - Kronner (3)

Lebda (.65) - Cheli (.8)

Quincey (.65)

Osgood (1.4)

Howard (.8)

Total: ~49.9M

09/10

Estimated cap ~56M

Hudler(2.5) - Hank(7) - Hossa (7)

Cleary(2.5) - Datsyuk(6.7) - Homer (2.25)

Abdelkader?(.6) - Kopecky (.7) - UFA (1.2)

Maltby(.88) - Draper(1.5)- Dmac?(.5)

Downey (.55)

Lidstrom (7.4) - Ericsson (.65)

Raffi (6) - Kronner (3)

Lebda (.65) - Quincey (.65)

UFA/prospect (.65)

Osgood (1.4)

Howard (.8)

Cap: 55.1 - If the Wings can talk Hudler, wholl be an RFA if hes still around, into taking a one year deal at maybe 1.8M for the 09/10 season and wait to see what they can give him after Lidstroms salary comes off the books in 10/11, then we'd be looking at a around 54.5M payroll, which would still give Detroit some space under the cap in 09/10.

It is doable.

I love this idea except on a perfect world I'd replace Hudler with Flip.

Hossa is affordable long term. Even in your scenario. Because in your scenario, the Wings went about 750k over the cap based on Hossa at 8m. Hossa would not be making more than Nick (7.45m) because nobody on the Wings will. So that brings them closer. Then factor in that if you have to choose between keeping Hossa or keeping Cleary, and you can only afford one, you keep Hossa. If Cleary wants to stay, and the Wings can't afford him at 2.5m, he takes less. Realistically he shouldn't get more than Homer's 2.25, so I don't see the problem fitting him in if a trade is available. The only question is whether Atlanta's asking price is doable.

..and if he (his agent) expects more, then let him walk...

Edited by LeftWinger

Dunno if this has been covered in any of the open threads but I'm just wondering if Steve Staios is any good? Is he worth the contract he carries? And if the answers to those questions are yes-ish then how expensive will he be?

Guest Canadian Wings
Dunno if this has been covered in any of the open threads but I'm just wondering if Steve Staios is any good? Is he worth the contract he carries? And if the answers to those questions are yes-ish then how expensive will he be?

no, he's signed until 2012

Guest Canadian Wings
Yes, I'm aware of that. But it doesn't mean that he automatically is a bad choice, right?

meh, i don't think we want him on D until 2012.

Michael Peca was listed on Columbus' game lineup tonight, but he did not dress and was a late healthy scratch, leading to speculation that he is very close to being traded.

Turns out he's sick with bronchitis

Edited by ShanahanMan

Ryno - "mediocre" prospect?!?! ARE YOU HIGH?!?!

Just because a guy is liked by our organization doesnt mean he holds high value around the league. Im speaking mediocre is terms of his trade value.

Just because a guy is liked by our organization doesnt mean he holds high value around the league. Im speaking mediocre is terms of his trade value.

You mean Sammy isn't highly valued by all teams around the league like LGW members seem to think when they offer these extravagant trade proposals involving him?

:huh:

You mean Sammy isn't highly valued by all teams around the league like LGW members seem to think when they offer these extravagant trade proposals involving him?

:huh:

Hopefully, we'll get to end all the debating about Sammy's trade value when we find out exactly what he's worth on the 26th.