• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

Tomas Kopecky - Time for some kudos

Rate this topic

Hasn't really done too much on the statsheet in the major categories, but I know I'm not alone in seeing him increase his level of play lately. Much more physical and picking up the juice in his legs as well. Hopefully he can keep this up.

Kopecky for his recent play. :beerbuddy:

Hasn't really done too much on the statsheet in the major categories, but I know I'm not alone in seeing him increase his level of play lately. Much more physical and picking up the juice in his legs as well. Hopefully he can keep this up.

Kopecky for his recent play. :beerbuddy:

Yeah I will give him kudos for tonights play. He also had the bell ringer yesterday in Dallas. I just hope he can continue and get hot, and contribute.

Today he played well but he needs consistency.

If he's going to step up, now is definately the time considering all of our AWESOME <_< injuries.

Edited by cirov19

I doubt Kopecky gets moved unless it's as part of a package for somebody like Marian Hossa- which, frankly, I don't expect to see.

I'd like to see him pick it up in the playoffs with some "Secondary Scoring" like Filppula did last year...

... But since that's likely to require Kirk Maltby showing some game, I guess that's unlikely, too.

Geez, we win 4-0 tonight and I still feel crappy. :(

Kopecky has been playing pretty good for the past 2 weeks tbh, ever since he has gotten some elevated PT.

I wish when he would get in those pushing matches, he would push back every once in awhile, Instead he just looks down and walks away. Come on man, Pretend his name is Patrick Sharp and just pwn him irl.

I like Kopecky and the way Babcock handles him.

the guy doesn't get a lot of minutes and the pressure

is on him to earn his time on ice and deliver. something

similar to what Babcock used to do with Hudler and Flip

who eventually developed into very solid players.

my biggest kudos about Avs games go to Lebda, though.

he used to make brutal mistakes but this time showed

an excellent effort and some real good hustle. definitely

worth mentioning!

I love how he lulls people to sleep with his big lumbering size and then tries a slick little move. He did it on Turco Sunday and a couple of times last night.

It was good to see the wings take a little bit of a beating, retaliate and then win the game.

Congrats to Ozzie, Dats, Z, Flip, and The Old Man, who played a great game!!

Well, he's playing well but still is only solid 4th liner, 3rd liner at best. I wouldn't miss him at all if he was traded.

I love how people on this board look at a player's current play level and assume that it is the maximum level they will attain, regardless of age or experience. Kopecky has all the tools necessary to develop into a decent second liner. Just because he's not there NOW doesn't mean he'll never reach that level.

That's one thing the Wings have an absolute wealth of; forward prospects who will likely not be elite players, but stand a good chance of being top-six type forwards. I can think of about eight or nine guys under 25 in the Wings' system who project as first or second line forwards.

I'm actually disappointed with him. He destroyed and bloodied a guy in his only NHL fight, yet he hasn't done anything remotely physical since then. Did this guy develop a freaking guilt complex after that or something? I expected him Drake and Lilja to do a lot more physically, but they haven't even come close. To me Kopecky is a poor man's Johan Franzen.