• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

So who still wants to trade Ozzie?

Rate this topic

So the game has been over for nearly a couple of hours, and I have heard nothing about Ozzie's play tonight. And the SHUTOUT! I thought he was stellar. he bailed the D's asses out a couple of times! I just think that he deserves quite a bit of credit for his ability to shake two consecutive early exits. Though I believe the goalie usually gets the shaft and embarrassment of it all when the whole teams collapse and gives up goals.

So where are all of you wings fans that have been ranting and raving about trading him and getting rid of him, putting his ass on waivers and all this other stuff. Ozzie is not Hasek, he is not Luongo, he is not Brodeur, he is Ozzie! And Ozzie will go down as a great goalie, when it's all said and done! He is human just like you and me!

So lets here it for Ozzie tonight guys!

THE STREAK IS OVER, anyone else happy about this?

I'am going out on a wing, and saying Wings_Dynasty is telling you that you just opend up a can of worms.

I am not understanding this can of worms crap. I am just tired of people on here bashing a good player, when we are on a rare losing streak! If what I wrote pisses people off, well then tuff!

oh, the mob is a fickle mistress.

Ozzie was solid; the team in front of him played like they cared; Avs weren't firing on all cylinders...Great for Ozzie's confidence thumbup.gif

i think that's probably true, and it's interesting...if you're the team that loses, it's because you weren't playing well below your skill level. if you're the team that wins, it's because you were playing well. kind of funny. i guess there are games (like that edm / van game the other night) where both teams are playing well and it's just a hard fought contest. but i've felt like all of our recent losses (save for maybe the ana game) were because we were playing like crap...not because the other team was playing great. *shrug* just a matter of perspective, i guess.

I am not understanding this can of worms crap. I am just tired of people on here bashing a good player, when we are on a rare losing streak! If what I wrote pisses people off, well then tuff!

Do you really not see that by creating this thread you are just asking for another goalie war? There were plenty of good things said in the GDT where they belong. We don't need threads started every time a player has a good game or proves people wrong just to say "I told ya so".

oh, the mob is a fickle mistress.

i think that's probably true, and it's interesting...if you're the team that loses, it's because you weren't playing well below your skill level. if you're the team that wins, it's because you were playing well. kind of funny. i guess there are games (like that edm / van game the other night) where both teams are playing well and it's just a hard fought contest. but i've felt like all of our recent losses (save for maybe the ana game) were because we were playing like crap...not because the other team was playing great. *shrug* just a matter of perspective, i guess.

Ok, sure. Good points. Great. Nice post. But what does that have to do with trading Ozzie?

I'm not one in favor of it, personally, but I would have to think that this makes him all the more attractive to other teams (and less attractive to Holland as trade bait, given the fragile-ness of Hasek). Just my .02.

Do you really not see that by creating this thread you are just asking for another goalie war? There were plenty of good things said in the GDT where they belong. We don't need threads started every time a player has a good game or proves people wrong just to say "I told ya so".

It's not an I told you so at all. It's the fact that people on here get so worked up over a player not playing to their expectations every night. Ozzie played good, I think that people need to remember that he is one of the reason we are in the position that we are in. I am sorry if certain people on here feel it is necessary to speak highly of a player who had a good game, hence the name of the site "Lets go Wings"

Who cares where it is. And it's hardly going to spark a goalie war!

So the game has been over for nearly a couple of hours, and I have heard nothing about Ozzie's play tonight. And the SHUTOUT! I thought he was stellar. he bailed the D's asses out a couple of times! I just think that he deserves quite a bit of credit for his ability to shake two consecutive early exits. Though I believe the goalie usually gets the shaft and embarrassment of it all when the whole teams collapse and gives up goals.

So where are all of you wings fans that have been ranting and raving about trading him and getting rid of him, putting his ass on waivers and all this other stuff. Ozzie is not Hasek, he is not Luongo, he is not Brodeur, he is Ozzie! And Ozzie will go down as a great goalie, when it's all said and done! He is human just like you and me!

Still don't like him...

Don't like Hasek either

Scarily he might be a good mentor for Howard on how to deal with Wings fans.

Guest Canadian Wings

I'd trade Osgood anyday of the week. After the first he had practically no action.

Osgood and a 2nd for Toskola

Get er' done!

Who said Ozzie was gonna be traded?

He made some good saves, but he was the benefactor of the Wings finally playing their game and playing with much more heart and passion seen in recent weeks. The loss of Lidstrom inspired the team to play it's heart out.

Face it, Ozzie is a system goalie, and when the system goes bad, Ozzie goes bad. He may steal a game or two during the season, but he is what he is. He compliments the team very well, and when he tries not to do too much, he's a very solid goaltender. So, kudos to him for the SO but more kudos to the 5 defenseman who made his job pretty easy tonight.

I'd trade Osgood anyday of the week. After the first he had practically no action.

Get er' done!

The funny thing is you're frustrated beyond words cause ozzie re-signed for 3 more years.

Even funnier is the fact you think you are hiding it well with your bashing... but really... you don't.

Very few people wanted to actually trade him, just from perhaps a minute few posters who act like dumb-a**es in regards to him.

Trade him while he still has Value!!! Absolutely.

He was well rested last night and Detroit completely outplayed Colorado, outshooting them 40-18.

Any average goalie in front of a stellar performance like Detroit last night could also have pulled the shutout. Hence why Osgood's stats look over-inflated.

Detroit plays good, this is what happens for any goalie. Minimal chances to stop and a easy night.

Detroit plays bad and the flood gates open on Ozzie.

In comparison, Howard made 30+ saves the other day on much better scoring chances then what Ozzie saved last night. Not too mention against a better Dallas team.

We don't need Ozzie as our backup in the playoffs. Let's bolster our lineup.

Edited by sixer

Get er' done!

That might be tough, Cliff Fletcher won't give him away that easy, might take Ozzie and a first rounder.

Ozzy will retire in a Wings jersey where he belongs. I thought yesterday it more had to do with the team in front of him playing sound defensively than Ozzy standing on his head. I think over this 6 game losing streak, it's been piss poor defense leaving 2-0's and several odd man rushes and rebounds that are why Ozzy has "LOOKED" bad. I think he's been good and is good enough to stay here.

It's no wonder every other fan makes fun of Wings fans. We're sitting well ahead of anyone else in the league and Ozzy has an incredible season record, but then he loses a few and now some of us are saying "Well we saw Howard in 3 games and we think he compares to a Veteran Goaltender". Give me a break. Howard has been playing with ZERO pressure. He knows he's in for A GAME and that's it. He stands no chance at playing in the playoffs at this point. It's easier to play goalie with no pressure on your back.

I'd like to see Howard become the future of the team, maybe share the role next year when Hasek retires, but this year is not the time.

Edited by Firehawk

For the record I have never said trade Ozzie. He isn't the problem. The problem has been the guy's playing (or trying) to play defense in front of him. Other than the Avs game last night the defense has hung him out to dry with no help what-so-ever in front of him. Simply put you can't do that to your netminder.

Miller76, just to answer your question, the reason you didn't hear anything about Osgood is because Theodore was the third star of the game, he actually had some goaltending to do last night. Ozzie hardly deserves any credit, the team in front of him does.

Ozzie had an easy night. All first half of this year Ozzie had it easy, hence his stats, after all-star game when our team wasn't playing good, he couldn't steal any games for us based on his skills. He's a good goalie, but just average and looks better given the team in front of him.

Edited by sixer

I'm supper happy that this is over and that Ozzie got a shut out of it too.

Miller76, just to answer your question, the reason you didn't hear anything about Osgood is because Theodore was the third star of the game, he actually had some goaltending to do last night. Ozzie hardly deserves any credit, the team in front of him does.

Ozzie had an easy night. All first half of this year Ozzie had it easy, hence his stats, after all-star game when our team wasn't playing good, he couldn't steal any games for us based on his skills. He's a good goalie, but just average and looks better given the team in front of him.

Ozzie had it easy ?

Ozzie had it easy the first half of the year ?

How do you know ? Played a lot of NHL games lately ?

I would like to know what it is what aggrevates you that much to not give the smallest amount of credit or respect to a guy who is respected for all he has done for the Red Wings and is considered a standup guy in every town he has ever played in.

I think the OP is being a leetle bit sarcastic. Anyone who said trade Ozzie was just trying to start something. Imagine that, in here? :hehe:

It's not outrageous to say Ozzie had a good bounce-back game last night, the D were back where they belonged and did a great job limiting the chances. Too lazy to look, but I think the Avs had 2 shots in the second period? The Wings' offense showed up, halleluia!! I can stop checking the sides of the milk carton for them now. It's so much harder to win when your skaters only score one for you, or none... so thanks, guys!

The Avs game wasn't much of a test for Ozzie, truth be told. Still, it was timely, and a good one for him to pick up his play and make a difference. He made a couple of really nice saves and played well. So did the team, for a change.

Eighteen saves total, solid D, plus a four goal lead is very helpful in a win and equates to an "easy" night for any goalie... at least that's the opinion I see in here all the time when that other Red Wings goalie is out there. ;)

I don't care about the number of saves, some of them were very important.

He made a couple of big saves with people on the door step, before the wings had the game in hand, and at the time the Avs were running the wings over. Every single wing that touch the puck was getting tore up.

Even Cheli said that Ozzie saved their asses in the first period.

But why let something like what Cheli thinks impact anyone's thoughts. I mean it is not like the guy has played more NHL games than anyone on this board! Oh wait!

Just because the game was a shutout and the 2nd and 3rd periods were completely controlled by the wings doesn't mean that Ozzie making big saves early had any less affect on the wings than when Downey smoked Lappy!

Can you imagine what the team would have looked like had Ozzie let one go in early, when he was facing players with the puck on their stick just outside the paint.

Listen I understand guys not liking certain players on the team they root for, but it seems like some of you root against the guys on the team. I guess I don't understand what it means to be a fan!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Edited by Opie