• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Holland to offer McCarty a contract?

Rate this topic

Guest LivingtheDream

I'm on the fence here. What if he comes back and just plain plays lousy? It will be hard on the fans, on him... I guess I am the type who likes to move on - no going back to old girlfriends, jobs or legendary Wings either! :)

If this whole thing ends up well, this is such a great story. I love D-Mac. That said, I am slightly apprehensive only because he hasn't played at the NHL level in a while, and this is a tough time of year to jump back in it. He'll be good for depth, regardless.

Guest Hatethedrake!
I'm on the fence here. What if he comes back and just plain plays lousy? It will be hard on the fans, on him... I guess I am the type who likes to move on - no going back to old girlfriends, jobs or legendary Wings either! :)

Well if he stinks then no big deal. He'll be making league minimum anyway. It's a risk worth taking. Mac's heart alone is worth bringing back. He'll go through a wall for his teammates and he has proven that. You can't teach heart and Mac has it in spades. Hopefully his teammates will see that and it will make them play harder as well. Like Babcock says we need to play GREASY HOCKEY from time to time. Especially against teams like the Ducks. Now if we get Lapointe back I'll REALLY be happy!

I've seen this coming from a mile away, but I'm glad its finally being talked about. Get him signed, get him ready and use him for depth. Also if we gotta play "bigger" teams, umm I'd rather have Mac in then Hudler or someone smaller that can't get past the big guys.

Well if he stinks then no big deal. He'll be making league minimum anyway. It's a risk worth taking.

I agree, there's really no risk at all signing him. If he stinks, don't play him, plain and simple.

Another team will sign him for the playoffs if we don't. You don't want DMac playing for Dallas or Anaheim.

Edited by Barrie

...while he has been out of the league for the entire season and most of last season (injured) one would think that he wouldn't bring much more to the table than Aaron Downey does. He would bring chemistry (with Draper and Maltby) and playoff experience. Why not give him a try for some playoff depth, but I hope it is not at the expense of Downey who has earned his spot on our roster...

...while he has been out of the league for the entire season and most of last season (injured) one would think that he wouldn't bring much more to the table than Aaron Downey does. He would bring chemistry (with Draper and Maltby) and playoff experience. Why not give him a try for some playoff depth, but I hope it is not at the expense of Downey who has earned his spot on our roster...

I have love for Downey I really do, but Darren earned a spot on this roster for ten years. If he can come back and be a factor he deserves the spot.

You watched him play one game. Besides, Drake does none of that anyways.

Two thank you very much.

Drake has been banging as of late.. and what do you call drakes 5 fights this season?