• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

The 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

Personally, I would be happy to get two second-liners... Fedotenko and Prospal would be great. Both are big bodies and recently were important part of their teams winning SC. I would send Hudler + 3rd for Fedotenko and Kindl for Prospal.

This will address toughness as well as skill. The only problem is that both are UFA by the end of this season but I think we will be able to sign at least one... Loosing Kindl is not a big problem given that we still have Quincey and Ericsson.

Come play-off time we might look as follows

Cleary - Dats - Homstrom

Fedotenko - Zet - Prospal

Filppula - Franzen - Samuelsson

Maltby - Draper - McCarty

three capable lines plus checking line with enforcer; outstanding defense (given that all our boys are healthy by that time)

Edited by RusDRW

Personally, I would be happy to get two second-liners... Fedotenko and Prospal would be great. Both are big bodies and recently were important part of their teams winning SC. I would send Hudler + 3rd for Fedotenko and Kindl for Prospal.

This will address toughness as well as skill. The only problem is that both are UFA by the end of this season but I think we will be able to sign at least one... Loosing Kindl is not a big problem given that we still have Quincey and Ericsson.

Come play-off time we might look as follows

Cleary - Dats - Homstrom

Fedotenko - Zet - Prospal

Filppula - Franzen - Samuelsson

Maltby - Draper - McCarty

three capable lines plus checking line with enforcer; outstanding defense (given that all our boys are healthy by that time)

Fedotenko has one impressive playoff season to his name and after that hes gone back to being one of those forwards whos stuck in limbo between the 2nd and 3rd line. A bigger Sammy who can pot a couple more goals is what youre looking at. Hes not great defensively, nor offensively, and he doesnt use his size. Id prefer to keep whatever picks or prospects it too to get him in the first place. Unless of course Detroit pulled a similar trade to Calder for Williams, and took on Fedo for Sammy. Then I would happily accept the trade.

Prospal, on the other hand would be a great addition. His a good skater with a great shot and great offensive instincts. Hed fit in great on the second line..

Thanks, but who could work tomorrow on an important day like that? It's Un-Redwing like.

Not when you have no media to watch it. NHL Network isn't available in Green Bay, WI thus only allowing me to watch the Ticker (which I can do from work). Now that I found this, I'm taking off tomorrow.

Not when you have no media to watch it. NHL Network isn't available in Green Bay, WI thus only allowing me to watch the Ticker (which I can do from work). Now that I found this, I'm taking off tomorrow.

I hope you don't skip work just to find out in the last hour of the deadline that we brought back Cory Cross.

:lol:

Excellent. I might be taking tomorrow off too.

In a somewhat related topic, I just added this Trade Deadline Widget on my facebook account (don't use yahoo). So we'll see if it works.

I hate all this waiting, let's see some deals already!

Oh, and I like the idea of Fedentenko and Prospal. But the injury depleted D scares me too. I just hope Holland finds that middle ground between doing nothing and selling away our future for rentals.

I work at a universisty and it's spring break here, as it was for last years trade deadline, so NO ONE is around so I will have as many trade deadline pages open tomorrow. Hope my boss doesn't need me to do anything tomorrow.

Fedotenko has one impressive playoff season to his name and after that hes gone back to being one of those forwards whos stuck in limbo between the 2nd and 3rd line. A bigger Sammy who can pot a couple more goals is what youre looking at. Hes not great defensively, nor offensively, and he doesnt use his size. Id prefer to keep whatever picks or prospects it too to get him in the first place. Unless of course Detroit pulled a similar trade to Calder for Williams, and took on Fedo for Sammy. Then I would happily accept the trade.

Prospal, on the other hand would be a great addition. His a good skater with a great shot and great offensive instincts. Hed fit in great on the second line..

That is was just a suggestion. I mean in order to improve the team we may take a look at solid second line players. We have own stars in Zet, Dats, Lids, and Raf so why not to get two second-line contributors a la Cleary. Perhaps, Fedotenko is not the best but someone similar would be good for Detroit.

Guest Canadian Wings
DETROIT FREE PRESS: Helene St. James reports Red Wings GM Ken Holland is busy negotiating contracts with Darren McCarty and Daniel Cleary. He's also been in talks with several teams but suggested the asking prices for the players he's interested in could be too expensive. MLIVE.com's Ansar Khan yesterday reports the Wings biggest need right now is scoring, particularly because many of their young forwards are struggling offensively in recent weeks.

This is the most boring deadline ever...

I'm really hoping this is the 'calm before the storm', but with all the busts that were the high priced rental's and their collective lackluster performance last year, I don't blame GM's for being hesitant to cough up picks/prospects for a rentals this season. Mmmmmaybe the pendulum is swinging the other way.... or maybe we just have to wait a lil longer for some ACTION!!!