• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

The 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

It's not like Drake will be back next year. Call me crazy, but I just think some of the older guys, i.e. Drake, Draper, Maltby will really elevate their game come playoff time. This is my hope. It's his last year. He has the chance to win a Stanley Cup with the team that drafted him. From what I know of Dallas Drake, I can only believe he will play balls to the wall when it really matters.

I still don't buy this Hossa to Ottawa BS. I mean, why would a team that wanted him out of there so badly before now all of a sudden want to bring him back? It makes absolutley no sense at all, at least in my mind.

I still don't buy this Hossa to Ottawa BS. I mean, why would a team that wanted him out of there so badly before now all of a sudden want to bring him back? It makes absolutley no sense at all, at least in my mind.

Me either. And as a lot have said, Detroit certainly has a better chance to win a Cup that Montreal (if you're Hossa).

Murray thinks that he is the missing piece. If they do get Hossa, I'd love to see them choke in the first round. (Not like I have to hope too much, because THEY WILL.)

I highly doubt Murray thinks hes the missing piece. That team has been seeking a physical stay at homer and more grit in their lineup since kingdom come. Id dare say Murray thinks a guy like Holik or Gratton is closer to his missing piece than Hossa.

Ottawa is in it to drive the price up for Montreal, IMO. Teams do do that... <_<

Just wanted to float something out there -

"The Fourth Period" is reporting that the Islanders are taking offers for Satan, Fedotenko, and Comrie.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyi080225.html

Any of these guys strike you as worthwhile additions? I've always like Fedotenko - he's always struck me as a Dan Cleary-type, and let's not forget he played a big role in Tampa's Cup run. Just thinking out loud.

Comrie's name has been mentioned with the Wings popping up later in the sentence.

Stoll would be a third liner IMO, well I think we need a second liner.

I think he meant Jordan Staal from the Penguins.

People get the spellings correct so we dont have confusion. Not hard to look the spelling up on www.nhl.com