• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

The 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

It's Hossa. Hossa is coming here.

I CAN FEEL IT IN MAH BONEZ

You and me both Brotha. Where is Viperar?!?!?!?!?!?

People at my work think I am crazy, I've been telling random people who's been traded where.

So maybe still Stuart is out there. Other than that, I think we scratch Hossa off the "possibles" list. I just don't see it happening.

Like I said, I see Kenny doing something like a Kilger or someone we haven't heard of in years in terms of any trades or deals coming our way.

To be honest, yes. I still think Holland has something crazy up his sleeve.

Wishful thinking? ...Yeah, maybe.

Probably. If anything it'll be a someone along the lines of Satan or Fedotenko for a forward, on D it would Stuart or Gill.

I really want to see what Washington gave up for Fedorov.

Definitely what I'm curious to hear as well. If the price was right I would've liked to have him on the Wings, but who knows what the price was. He might be a better free agent pickup anyways which I still think is likely to happen. And no, I don't expect him to score, I expect him to be solid on both ends. Depth. It ain't no flashback, it's just the fact that he's still got something and he still can be solid and the price would probably be right.

Kenny is really hanging in there for Hossa I think. Once the Hossa deal goes down, everything else will happen pretty quick for Detroit I bet.

My gut tells me they're in that 48-hour contract thingamabobber right now.

My gut is often wrong, though.

Feds was the only one I thought would be a for sure fall back plan.

I'm clueless now.

I really think we'll sit on our ass for the rest of the day. The only slight glimmer of hope is that Hossa to Montreal had been almost a "for sure" thing since 9AM - and currently it is still undone. Maybe, just maybe Holland caved? I know... I'm REALLY REALLY reaching here.

just heard that too, putting Fedorov with Ovechkin, any idea how that'll work out?

I don't think Feds will be with AO. Ovechkin's playing great with Backstrom right now.

With each trade not including Hossa I gotta believe we're going to land him. But I think the Wings are going to get a bigname before the day is done.

Ha... "I don't know if it was something technical or just selective hearing..."

Burke is so full of s***. "I like to have my team together before Christmas."

Unless it's Selanne or Niedermayer.

At least Burke confirms that he's not going for Jokinen or Hossa.

If we want Feds we can get him in the summer for free. But he'd be useful in the playoffs. But COME ON...Washington better have paid a higher price than we could have. If I see something stupid I'll be so pissed.

You and me both Brotha. Where is Viperar?!?!?!?!?!?

People at my work think I am crazy, I've been telling random people who's been traded where.

You: "FEDEROV TO WASHINGTON!"

FedEx Guy: Sir, just sign the package...