• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

The 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

Yeah and if he manages to score, Budd Lynch will say: "Goal scored by hall of fame defenseman, Larry Murphy." I swear, I think Ken Daniels says "Hall of fame defenseman Larry Murphy" every single time he says Murph's name. :hehe:

I think it's written in Murph's contract or something. :yowza:

...well everyone in the west is getting better. Dallas, San Jose, Colorado and Holland's team just lost 8 out 9 games and have seen their once unsurmoutable lead be dwindled down to 6 points. Teams have figured out Hank/Dats/Homer the defense in dead, Goaltending sucks, NOONE else can score, Fedorov to the Caps, Richards to the Stars, Forsberg & Foote back in 'Lanche country and San Jose is bolstering their "D" with Campbell...

...oh wait we signed Darren McCarty! Hooray! The Grind Line is back!!! Yippeee!!!!

Ooo, forget Ozzie/Dom, let's do the tandem of Cheveldae/Essensa!! :thumbup:

Ugh! Everytime I think of Chevalcrap I'm reminded of that horrible 100 foot, Gilmour goal he let in during the Leafs-Wings '93 matchup. That let the Leafs back in the game where they eventually took a 3 games to 2 lead.

Man was he garbage. If we had any other goalie in the league I think we would have won the Cup that year.

Nah Im Sure Steffan and St.Laurant still skate!!!!! this is outta hand

You're right, need to tame this a bit...think we could get Gerard Gallant from the NYI since we missed out on Feds? :P

Edited by Datsyukian Geek

I hate to say this, but Olli is going to be a very steep price tag, and I dont think we have as much to offer in the Hossa sweepstakes. Yeah, tick-tock, but dont think anything big is comin our way.

ditto

I have another fear now. I have a fear that we will lose one of our young guys from some random defenseman that no one's really heard of who will be gone by May.

Exactly. If we can't get talent, don't be wasted our young 'ins for the sake of making ANY move. Once the good ones are gone, no sense trading away young talent for some crappy third tier scorer or defenseman.

...well everyone in the west is getting better. Dallas, San Jose, Colorado and Holland's team just lost 8 out 9 games and have seen their once unsurmoutable lead be dwindled down to 6 points. Teams have figured out Hank/Dats/Homer the defense in dead, Goaltending sucks, NOONE else can score, Fedorov to the Caps, Richards to the Stars, Forsberg & Foote back in 'Lanche country and San Jose is bolstering their "D" with Campbell...

...oh wait we signed Darren McCarty! Hooray! The Grind Line is back!!! Yippeee!!!!

Lets see what happens when our top two D lines aren't injured, not to mention Cleary getting healthy.