• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

The 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

"Making the strongest late surge for Sundin is Detroit, who is also in a battle with Nashville for Vaclav Prospal"--Eklund.

hee! hee!

Ummm, Sundin said he won't waive his no-trade clause because he wants to stay in Toronto.

Of course, we should expect no less than crap from Eklund. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else think that the lack of movement anywhere in the league is a bit eerily quiet??? Last year by this time Guerin and Tkachuk had both been moved. I have the feeling that this is the calm before the storm...

Does anyone else think that the lack of movement anywhere in the league is a bit eerily quiet??? Last year by this time Guerin and Tkachuk had both been moved. I have the feeling that this is the calm before the storm...

Yeah, in the Sundin thread I asked when people thought the first big trade will happen. I'm betting on noon tomorrow, adn then afte that, a trade every couple hours

I know, I keep on waiting.......and waiting, for something big to happen, but nothing yet.

It's driving me crazy!!!

I'm afraid were going to get stuck with another Cory Cross type acquisition. It doesn't look good for either Sundin or Hossa signing with the Wings right now.

What do you want to bet you're wrong?

(Honestly, a username change...whatever you want)

Holland's going to make at least one deal. He's not going to let this cap space go to waste.

Holland's going to make at least one deal. He's not going to let this cap space go to waste.

He can't. Holland knwos he'd be lynched by fanatics if he doesn't make ANY move.

Me, I'm predicting we'll pick up two players for sure. Maybe a third. What those players are, nobody knows. But I'm betting it'll be a marquee player as well as soem role players no one was expecting.

People are waiting for the chips to fall. And IMO, that starts with Sundin. He'll probably be the biggest name had at the cheapest price, because his future is so up in the air, so Im guessing teams are waiting to see who he goes to or if he goes before they go all in on guys like Jokinen, Tanguay, Hossa, and Campbell. And then after those guys have their deals in place (whether the trades are announced or not) then youll start to see the lesser players go, like Prospal, Satan, etc.

Personally, after his "we've been rebuilding since Steve Yzerman left" comment, you have to think hes going to use the trade deadline to add a player for his core. If youre still rebuilding, then you're still working on your core, which to me means he's going to add any or all of a top 4 Dman, a top 6 forward, or a high-profile third liner. Particularly on the back-end. Cheli will be out soon, Lilja is a journeyman, and Lebda isnt cutting it. We need that bona fide #4 physical Dman that has been so elusive for us over the past few years. Same thing with a scoring winger..

Don't know if this has already been answered, but is there any way we could get Danny Markov back from Russia? I don't really understand how the transfer agreement works, could we just pay his current Russian club a lot of money or something? I miss that crazy Russian.

Any chance our old #13 Slava Kozlov is available? he would be absolutely sick cleaning up Datsyuk's passes!

The Wings were supposedly interested in Kozlov over the summer but he re-signed with Atlanta. I doubt they re-signed him to fairly long deal just to trade him in the off-season. I don't think he's what the Wings are looking for, anyway.

Don't know if this has already been answered, but is there any way we could get Danny Markov back from Russia? I don't really understand how the transfer agreement works, could we just pay his current Russian club a lot of money or something? I miss that crazy Russian.

Markov would have to clear waivers if the Wings were to sign him, so he won't be returning.

Holland and the Wings brass were watching the Oilers/Avs game in Edmonton tonight. Not speculating anything, just saying he was there.

If he was scouting, Stoll, Moreau and Staios looked good :thumbup:

Yay? Now, on the other hand, I heard Pitkanen was on the block....

Seriously though. Moreau is a heart and soul guy and Staios would be a great fit, but Stoll...he doesnt interest me in the least bit. I have a feeling hed be a grittier Jason Williams, and getting just as much flack here on LGW as Jason did. Pass..

Markov would have to clear waivers if the Wings were to sign him, so he won't be returning.

DAMN! How come Salami didn't have to clear waivers when he decided to get off his lazy ass? I was talking to some Kings fans, what about getting Cammalleri and Stuart from LA. They were suggesting Kindl, Kopecky and a #1. Get 'er done Kenny!

The Wings were supposedly interested in Kozlov over the summer but he re-signed with Atlanta. I doubt they re-signed him to fairly long deal just to trade him in the off-season. I don't think he's what the Wings are looking for, anyway.

true... but the Thrashers were bonafide contenders last year. moving kozzie might free up enough funds so they can keep Hossa. Slava Kozlov would have made a sweet linemate for Dats. oh well.

I'm starting to think Kenny is thinking way, waay out of the box. uh oh :scared:

Holland and the Wings brass were watching the Oilers/Avs game in Edmonton tonight. Not speculating anything, just saying he was there.

If he was scouting, Stoll, Moreau and Staios looked good :thumbup:

Moreau would be such a great addition. As would Staios.

Moreau would be such a great addition. As would Staios.

:thumbup: Yepp, I'd give up Hudler & Kopecky for Moreau. I know how much people covet them on here, but straight up for Moreau would be a great deal for the Wings. Staios... I dunno what Edmonton would want, maybe a young d-man and a pick.

Bob McKenzie just announced that Ottawa and Montreal are in the lead to get Hossa. Although many think Ottawa is just in it to up the prices for Montreal...

Hossa hated being in Ottawa before, for one thing, and the management didn't exactly mind getting rid of him. I really can't see why they'd want him back.